The weather is here...I wish you were beautiful...or something like that!

Hello again, my WDWMagic peeps! Welcome back for another installment in the many adventures of SweetPee's family!

Not gonna get too organized or crazy piecing this one together. It's against the rules after such a kicked-back journey. If you don't know us yet, check out a few of the old reports in my signature. There's more than enough there for you to get to know us.

No big who, what, when, or where's for ya this time, either. Wanna know? Read more. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you get and enjoy the ride. Hope you'll come along. The more the merrier. Let's hit the highway yet again....:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Dessert!

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

Chandler had his all-time favorite dessert: lemon meringue pie. He loved this!

DSCN0597.jpg

I had the french toast banana bread:

DSCN0598.jpg

I made such a to-do over the banana bread. My gramma used to make the BEST banana nut bread. I didn't eat as much at dinner because my stomach was still not fully okay which I guess Som picked up on. I told him I was a bit queezy from my flight earlier. Som brought me a platter of banana bread to take back to my room with me. What an angel! We really loved Som!

DSCN0602.jpg

Quick cruising tip: always avoid alerting anyone to stomach issues. Don't tell guests. Don't tell crew. Keep it on the down-low. If it's suspected you have a stomach bug you'll be confined to your stateroom for 24 hours. I'm not saying go yack on other people. Use your better judgement. I was washing my hands like crazy and not getting too touchy with anything. I didn't want to be confined to my room!

Regulars to my reports, get ready to laugh. After dinner we changed clothes and started 3 loads of wash. :lol:

DSCN0607.jpg

I really felt rough after dinner, though. Tracey was an angel and tucked me into bed. He stayed up to finish the laundry without me. What an awesome hubby I have!

Chandler came in from Vibe at around midnight. I woke only vaguely when I heard him say something about "Crap! Where's my Wave phone?!" ((Wave phones are cordless phones similar to cell phones that you can use onboard to call each other on the ship. They also work at Castaway Cay, Disney's island!)) I woke just long enough to mumble, "You better find it. That will cost YOU $250." He ran back to Vibe & one of his friends had found it. Yay!

We have no idea what time Brian came in. We were sleeping solid. At 5:45 a.m. Tracey woke up. He could see Brian's bed had been slept in but he wasn't there now. Tracey sat up and shook me to ask where's Brian. I dunno. Bathroom? He jumped up to go look. No Brian. He wasn't in the room at all. We were in a panic. Woke Chandler up. He had no clue. Tracey called his Wave phone which he answered. Brian was up on the sports deck watching the sun come up. LOL! Later we found the note he left on the table. Normally at home it's a big no-no to wake us on non-work days. He didn't want to make us mad so he just left a note. Scared us to DEATH!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Kelly, you have such a beautiful family!

The buffet at Palo looks sooooooo delicious. Really. Especially the strawberries! So sorry you did not feel well that morning. Hope it was nothing major.

Key West looks so pretty. It was great to see the pictures from the plane. The water looks so clear there. Here in Connecticut the ocean is dark blue and you can't see two feet in front of you!

Your TR is really making me look forward to the girls cruise :sohappy:

Thank you so much for the compliment on my family! I think my guys are the cat's meow, too.

I don't know what it was that had my stomach going. Most likely it was my body revolting at all the crazy rich foods in large quantities. In recent months I've put a lot of effort into cooking healthier but still keeping it yummy. I've had pretty good success. All that food was sitting like a rock on my belly. I was okay from about mid-day the following day but then in the early morning before we got off the ship it really hit hard again. That was Monday morning. Just today my belly has started to really be okay again. Crazy. Or maybe I got a touch of something onboard. Both the boys & Tracey had the same issues but at a lesser extent than me. Well, they eat all my healthy cooking and healthy snacks so maybe their body's were fighting back, too. LOL!

Key West is amazing! I would really love to go spend a week there. The water is crystal clear and oh-so inviting. Next time I'm getting in it sharks or no sharks.

And yes, when we buzzed the snorkeling catamarans you'd be shocked at how many large sharks were in the same general area as all the swimmers! :eek:

Oh wow...this is unexpected. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Well I am glad you guys went and enjoyed it!

:lol: We did love it. The crazy inappropriate swimwear made me think of you sneaking those pics you do. Tracey made me take a bunch but I'm not gonna post 'em. I know. No cahones. LOL! We did do a count for a specific variety and got well into the teens in just the 4-5 hours we were there. We definitely need to return to TL. That's one amazing place!

Loving the TR!!! I swear, that entire time you were detailing the offerings at Palo, half of me wanted to drive out and find some yummy food. Not sure what I'm going to find at 11:30 pm at Kroger (definitely not as good as your pics), but it was tempting just from looking at all the yummy stuff!!! :slurp:

Those pics from the air are AMAZING! What an awesome bday excursion! I will admit that I'm way to chicken to ever do that myself, but it definitely made me want to return to Key West and do some fishing and snorkeling/diving. Kind of sad that I'd rather dive with sharks than fly on an airplane. Still - the pics were stunning and it looks like it was a great time.

I am so glad you had pics of the Sunset Festival. I remembered some kind of street festival on our first trip. We'd had an early dinner and then were immersed in it. I haven't seen or thought about it in years. The sunset pics from the ship are also gorgeous! And you of course look fab as well!

Can't wait to read more! :wave:

Don't go to Kroger! You'll be disappointed!!! LOL!

Seriously, sweetie. Y'all don't live in fear of the things that scare ya most. Conquer it! You're girls! You can do it! Once you do it you'll be that much stronger! :D The flight was definitely something we'll never forget. Much like the helicopter over Niagra Falls years ago. Love to be in the air!

That Sunset Festival looked really interesting. I heard a lot of people talk about it. Definitely it's something I want to go back and experience. Ah, the sunset was beyond words. And thanks for the kind words about little ol' me! :wave:

foreverbelle

OK so I FINALLY caught up...phew...Actually thinks to work who has blocked pictures I didn't even realize you had come back and posted it.

It looks like you all had a blast...forgive me for going back and posting some things..

-we have never done the water parks but it looks so amazing we just may have to try it one of these days. Of course by saying this I may mean I will wait until little man is old enough to do things..but it looks fabulous.
-you look amazing...I love the suit...gorgeous.
-The hubs and I have are contemplating a cruise next March on one of the older ships. I am so glad to see this report and how amazing everything looks. Seriously we never had any doubt but its nice to see it being reported. So thank you.
-The flight excursion you guys did looks amazing. How awesome would that be truly. I love it. Makes me want to go do it myself.
-The flowers for Moms day are gorgeous. Seriously. And I love the card. LOL. I think my husband would do something like that, just say something simple and it be put exactly like that. He would then try and say well..LOL
-Sunsets are gorgeous.
-I always wondered if they truly left people who were stragglers behind. And I agree I bet they got a pretty stern talking to....I shall have to remember this when we take it.

Kristia

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Your pics from Key West are awesome! Even the pics from the plane. :lookaroun LOL! Especially the ones of the ship from the air! I either need to get on another cruise to see Key West stat or hop on a plane and just do Key West! I am still so bummed we missed it. I would have rather stopped in Key West than Nassau (but the seals were spectacular).

I think you had the same exact dinner as I had at Parrot Key. That ribeye was huge! I ate to the point of nearly being sick that night. The banana bread was so yummy and the banana bread french toast......Aaaaahhhhhhggggg (said like Homer Simpson lol).

I loved how convenient the laundry was. We were on deck 7 pretty close to the laundry. We only used it once because Dan only brought 1 pair of khakis and one dress shirt. :brick: I told him many times that we would have to dress somewhat nice for dinner and specifically told him to bring some dress clothes. Then he was dumbfounded when we got there and I told him he had to dress in pants! Luckily he did bring some polo shirts.

Keep the report coming! With the marathon next Jan, a trip to WDW with my sister's family in Aug and hopefully the Disneyland half in Sept, it looks like I won't make it on another cruise till 2014! I need more cruise fix!

Plowboy

It's a long way to Key West

Loving the TR about your day in Key West. We've been there twice. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have the luxury of stepping off a ship and just being there. We had to fly from Sacramento, CA to Miami, FL and then drive down through the Keys (all in one day :eek:). Your photos bring back so many fine memories, such as the Conch train, Truman's little White House, Mallory Square, Hemingway House, Mallory Square, and doing "the Duvall Crawl". Thanks so much for the fine pics.

So excited to read another Kelly report! I have so many little comments, I'm afraid I'll forget some...
-It is amazing to see how much your kids have grown throughout your trip reports over the years. Handsome men!
-Love the upgrade, what a view!
-Keep wearing that bikini, you are gorgeous!
-We checked into Pop a few days after you guys. I wish you could have bumped into each other! This was my first time staying at Pop and it has become my favorite of all the Values for sure.
-I remember your dress from your anniversary dinner and you ROCKED it! Gorgeous, gorgeous!
-Love that you guys went on a private plane tour. How awesome is that?!?!?! Your kids will for sure look back on that moment when they get older and will appreciate it.
-I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!

Disneyfalcon

I took notes:

So glad that helped Chandler was okay with the plane trip!

Sharks!!!!! Yikes!! I’ve got to admit that was the first thing I looked for in your water pictures. A helicopter pilot friend of ours told us how shocked he was the first time he flew over a beach in Florida. He thought surely all those dark shapes around the swimmers were dolphins? Um. Nope.

I LOVE the pictures above the Magic!! I would want to spend all 50 minutes above it taking pictures!!!

I am going to be stalking the Travel Channel watching for you. :D

I remember the dress!! Woo hoo!

Gorgeous sunset pictures.

Your story about your Dad made me tear up a little. We take for granted what others have sacrificed for us. :(

Followed by wonderful words of advice “Don’t go yack on other people.”:lol:

Laundry! :ROFLOL:

That is kind of sweet that he was up watching the sunrise!

Can't wait for more!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Right I'm finally caught up :ROFLOL:

Loving the TR so far Kelly :wave:

Typhoon Lagoon looks awesome, it is gonna be our choice of water park this year and we are looking forward to seeing shark reef for the first time!

Seeing the Magic again is like seeing pics of an home away from home, love that ship and from what I have seen of your ding your servers are as good as ours were :sohappy:

Can't wait to see more :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
OK so I FINALLY caught up...phew...Actually thinks to work who has blocked pictures I didn't even realize you had come back and posted it.

It looks like you all had a blast...forgive me for going back and posting some things..

-we have never done the water parks but it looks so amazing we just may have to try it one of these days. Of course by saying this I may mean I will wait until little man is old enough to do things..but it looks fabulous.
-you look amazing...I love the suit...gorgeous.
-The hubs and I have are contemplating a cruise next March on one of the older ships. I am so glad to see this report and how amazing everything looks. Seriously we never had any doubt but its nice to see it being reported. So thank you.
-The flight excursion you guys did looks amazing. How awesome would that be truly. I love it. Makes me want to go do it myself.
-The flowers for Moms day are gorgeous. Seriously. And I love the card. LOL. I think my husband would do something like that, just say something simple and it be put exactly like that. He would then try and say well..LOL
-Sunsets are gorgeous.
-I always wondered if they truly left people who were stragglers behind. And I agree I bet they got a pretty stern talking to....I shall have to remember this when we take it.

Thanks for all the kind words. I highly recommend at least Typhoon Lagoon (totally doable with a little one, too) and cruising with Mickey. :D

Oh they absolutely will leave stragglers behind. They try not to but if the ship sits at the pier longer than they've already paid for the cruise line will get fined. We talked to some crew about this, actually. If you are on an excursion booked thru Disney and something happens that you don't get back to the ship on-time the ship will either wait for you or make arrangements to get you back onboard at their expense. But, if you aren't on a Disney-booked excursion and you don't come back on-time they will leave you before they start accruing additional pier charges. We were told a number in the ballpark of $10k per 30 minutes. We wondered if that would be fined to the passengers but the people we talked to said no, they'll just leave before they start getting fined. At that point, reconnecting with your cruise is your problem. You can arrange to meet up at the next port of call. Or, as some fellow-cruisers stated their friend did on a non-Disney cruise when he ran down and the ship was still within the harbor, the first small fishing vessel he saw asked him how much cash he had. $200. For $200 they took him alongside the ship where he was able to hop on. Lucky! That's gettin' off cheap!

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Your pics from Key West are awesome! Even the pics from the plane. LOL! Especially the ones of the ship from the air! I either need to get on another cruise to see Key West stat or hop on a plane and just do Key West! I am still so bummed we missed it. I would have rather stopped in Key West than Nassau (but the seals were spectacular).

I think you had the same exact dinner as I had at Parrot Key. That ribeye was huge! I ate to the point of nearly being sick that night. The banana bread was so yummy and the banana bread french toast......Aaaaahhhhhhggggg (said like Homer Simpson lol).

I loved how convenient the laundry was. We were on deck 7 pretty close to the laundry. We only used it once because Dan only brought 1 pair of khakis and one dress shirt. :brick: I told him many times that we would have to dress somewhat nice for dinner and specifically told him to bring some dress clothes. Then he was dumbfounded when we got there and I told him he had to dress in pants! Luckily he did bring some polo shirts.

Keep the report coming! With the marathon next Jan, a trip to WDW with my sister's family in Aug and hopefully the Disneyland half in Sept, it looks like I won't make it on another cruise till 2014! I need more cruise fix!

You've got the cruise bug! Yes, it's so addicting! Key West was beyond words. I'd love to go back. Yeah, I agree, even with Atlantis I'd ditch Nassau in a heartbeat for Key West. Although, next time we're in Nassau I might just do that seal interaction thing you did. That looked really neat!

We've been planning a first trip to Disneyland this November all along. We're really looking hard at it right now, tho. We're unanimously voting for the Magic out of Galveston or maybe RCI's Mariner of the Seas out of Galveston instead. Just more doable with the port right here. I'd love to do the 8-day Christmas cruise out of Galveston on the Magic. It stops at Key West! And that stop is from 12:30 to 11:30 so we'd be able to do the Sunset Festival. Buuuuut, current pricing with a balcony for our family starts at over $9k. :eek: Ugh, that's not happening....

Loving the TR about your day in Key West. We've been there twice. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have the luxury of stepping off a ship and just being there. We had to fly from Sacramento, CA to Miami, FL and then drive down through the Keys (all in one day ). Your photos bring back so many fine memories, such as the Conch train, Truman's little White House, Mallory Square, Hemingway House, Mallory Square, and doing "the Duvall Crawl". Thanks so much for the fine pics.

You gotta really wanna be in Key West to make that gruelling journey! Worth it, tho, I'm sure. I loved Key West so much. How was that Duvall Crawl??? We don't recupperate from the wild partying as easier as we did in our younger years but it's fun to read about...

So excited to read another Kelly report! I have so many little comments, I'm afraid I'll forget some...
-It is amazing to see how much your kids have grown throughout your trip reports over the years. Handsome men!
-Love the upgrade, what a view!
-Keep wearing that bikini, you are gorgeous!
-We checked into Pop a few days after you guys. I wish you could have bumped into each other! This was my first time staying at Pop and it has become my favorite of all the Values for sure.
-I remember your dress from your anniversary dinner and you ROCKED it! Gorgeous, gorgeous!
-Love that you guys went on a private plane tour. How awesome is that?!?!?! Your kids will for sure look back on that moment when they get older and will appreciate it.
-I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!

I know! Chandler is now officially taller than me. Brian isn't far off. I wish we could've met, too! Good ol' Pop. Seriously. We were far more satisfied with the room for the money this go around than in other recent trips. Pop is a great resort. Very fun!

Thanks for the compliments on the 2-piece (I don't call the ones I wear at this age bikinis because there's waaaaaay more fabric involved than there was before I had babies) and on my dress. Love that stinkin' dress. Problem is the quality is kinda bad. The seems want to come apart around the empire bodice. I've fixed it a bunch of times and there's parts coming apart again... **sigh**

The plane tour was so amazing. When the boys were little and we went to Niagara Falls for Tracey's baby brother's wedding we splurged on a helicopter ride over the falls. That was a big deal, too. We try to make things memorable. The cool thing is when you get home and your kid is on the internet trying to find a cruise to pay for for YOU to go on without him. Chandler got a little irritated at me because I put a stop to it. He works. His money should be in his bank account. I love that he looks towards taking us on adventures but for now he needs to relax and enjoy the ride Mom & Dad provide. His time will come soon enough, right?

I took notes:

So glad that helped Chandler was okay with the plane trip!

Sharks!!!!! Yikes!! I’ve got to admit that was the first thing I looked for in your water pictures. A helicopter pilot friend of ours told us how shocked he was the first time he flew over a beach in Florida. He thought surely all those dark shapes around the swimmers were dolphins? Um. Nope.

I LOVE the pictures above the Magic!! I would want to spend all 50 minutes above it taking pictures!!!

I am going to be stalking the Travel Channel watching for you.

I remember the dress!! Woo hoo!

Gorgeous sunset pictures.

Your story about your Dad made me tear up a little. We take for granted what others have sacrificed for us.

Followed by wonderful words of advice “Don’t go yack on other people.”:lol:

Laundry!

That is kind of sweet that he was up watching the sunrise!

Can't wait for more!

There was a LOT of sharks out there. Nicholi said that 85% of them were nurse sharks (virtually harmless) but I'm still a little freaked over the other 15%. We were told those are bulls & blue-tips both of which are pretty aggressive. Eeek!

I know! I would've been fine with all our flying being close to the ship, too. LOL!

The production guy we filled out forms with said he'd send an email with some footage to the email address I listed if they were going to use it or something like that. I sorta doubt this, though. I mean, think of how many people they'd be trying to send footage to. Our people numbers were in the 700s. I'm not counting on receiving anything. If you spot us, lemme know!

Awwww...I know. It's not something people think about normally with the guys and their service. There's sacrifices that go far beyond just the service members ((like you having to move the family, your kids going to so many different schools, etc.)). It's something not many think about. I try to remember and thank our serving men & women as well as their friends & family who work hard to support those service members. So thank YOU!

Don't worry, we'll be doing laundry again before we get off the ship. :lol:

Right I'm finally caught up

Loving the TR so far Kelly :wave:

Typhoon Lagoon looks awesome, it is gonna be our choice of water park this year and we are looking forward to seeing shark reef for the first time!

Seeing the Magic again is like seeing pics of an home away from home, love that ship and from what I have seen of your ding your servers are as good as ours were :sohappy:

Can't wait to see more

Thank you! This trip was chock-a-block full of excellence. No regrets. Love the Magic and all her little treasures!

Wow. What a great trip report. Vary bitter sweet for me. Makes me wish I was there right now.

Bittersweet for me, too. I wish I was there right now with you! Thanks for reading!

great trip report... how every one is commenting about diets etc.. were you on a diet? How much did you lose you look great!!!

I ballooned my weight pretty bad over the winter months. In February I hit the diet & exercise hard. Lost a little over 20 lbs. prior to the cruise. Unfortunately, I put 7 back on during the 7 days of vacation... :lookaroun I need to get back on the diet/exercise wheel just as hard. It's brutal trying to get back to the healthy cooking, etc. I'd much rather go sit at a table and have the trough brought to me! LOL!

Great TR! I love the pictures (and I hope to sail on the Magic someday).

The Magic is a wonderful ship. The boys swear they liked her better than the Dream. I like them about the same but for very different reasons. :D

diddy_mouse

Those pictures from the plane were awesome! You never realize how beautiful the water is until you're up above it. Makes me miss the water I use to see in Hawaii. Crazy clear in just about every shade of blue and green you can imagine!

- Those sunset pictures were just beautiful!

- I can definitely relate to the story about your dad. I'm a Navy brat myself. :D

- The dress still looks great on you!

- Yup, I couldn't help but laugh at the shot of the laundry room.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Those pictures from the plane were awesome! You never realize how beautiful the water is until you're up above it. Makes me miss the water I use to see in Hawaii. Crazy clear in just about every shade of blue and green you can imagine!

- Those sunset pictures were just beautiful!

- I can definitely relate to the story about your dad. I'm a Navy brat myself. :D

- The dress still looks great on you!

- Yup, I couldn't help but laugh at the shot of the laundry room.

Yay, Navy brats! :sohappy:

The water was so gorgeous. I could almost be a beach person. :lol:

Yep, us & our laundry compulsion... :hammer:

Yay you're back! I always look forward to your trip reports.
First off, (yet another compliment) but you at Typhoon Lagoon? Woah girl! Tracey was right to take those photos, I'm completely envious.
The cruise looks wonderful, doubt I could ever go on one, I get seriously travel sick. How does it feel being on such a massive ship? Can you feel the waves moving?
Aaaaand finally, sunset photos are GORGEOUS! Would you mind if I use one for my desktop background?
Looking forward to the next update!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Yay you're back! I always look forward to your trip reports.
First off, (yet another compliment) but you at Typhoon Lagoon? Woah girl! Tracey was right to take those photos, I'm completely envious.
The cruise looks wonderful, doubt I could ever go on one, I get seriously travel sick. How does it feel being on such a massive ship? Can you feel the waves moving?
Aaaaand finally, sunset photos are GORGEOUS! Would you mind if I use one for my desktop background?
Looking forward to the next update!

Awwww...you are so sweet! Thank you! :kiss:

The cruise is amazing. Can't recommend it enough. We don't really get motion sick so much so it's hard to honestly judge the movement. It depends on your weather more than anything. We had gorgeous weather all 5 days so we really didn't have rough seas. When the ship is traveling faster I think I can feel it more. The morning we headed towards Key West I definitely felt the ship turning even with the room dark and my eyes shut. We've not felt strong rolls or anything. The most we ever felt was a slight rocking movement. It's very light. We enjoy the movement, tho. We sleep so good when there's movement. On our first cruise we actually woke up when we sailed into the port at Port Canaveral in the wee hours because the rocking stopped. We love it. My in-laws have cruised and my father-in-law gets motion sick very easy. He used the prescription patch and did fine. I always take the prescription patches and a bottle of meclazine (Bonine) with us just in case. Also, if you worry about movement they say it's best to get as center of the ship as possible. Think verticle and horizontal. Try to have your room on a middle deck in the middle most location you can get from front to back. That's supposed to help, too.

Help yourself to any of my pics. I know most are the pits so the rare good ones are quite the treasure. I'm good at sharing! :wave:

iloverags2

Found it! Great report. DH asked if I would be willing to do the seaplane tour...um, that would be a big, fat no! But your pictures are absolutely awesome and gorgeous! I so wish we were back on the Magic sailing those blue/green waters!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Really great report so far, your a really good writer! I look forward to your reports x

Awwww...thanks, angelbunni! I'm glad you found my report and you're enjoying it. It's fun to write!

Found it! Great report. DH asked if I would be willing to do the seaplane tour...um, that would be a big, fat no! But your pictures are absolutely awesome and gorgeous! I so wish we were back on the Magic sailing those blue/green waters!

Cindy!!! You found me! Thanks so much for your hard work with the group. You're an angel. Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I wish I was back on the Magic, too. Last week Chandler & Brian were discussing how some other family was in our room having a great time like we did. Then they agreed we should go boot 'em out and keel-haul 'em! "That's OUR room!!!" :lol:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ugh! Thank you for the bathing suit compliment

Hottie.. enough said :) The boarding photo looks great too.

Typhoon Lagoon was so awesome!!! We really loved it! I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to go to any of the 4 main parks at WDW but I'd go back to Typhoon Lagoon in a heartbeat. I'd like to try Blizard Beach as well!

The underated winners of WDW. The water parks are the only area that really feels like 'Disney is still near the top..' in WDW anymore. Feel worn down in the parks? A trip to TL will remind you of the Disney magic. Blizzard Beach is pretty cool for kids your age too.. It really is like vanilla and choclate with the two parks.. hard to judge anyone for liking one vs the other. Just gotta try 'em both :) The only part that is brutal is if you are there during a peak time when the parks are crowded.. that's tough. But late afternoons are always a lot less crowded.

In the stairwell on my way down from deck 8 I discovered that my running headphones won't bluetooth in airplane mode. Not good

Two tips..
Did you try turning bluetooth back on explictly? Airplane mode basically just turns off all radios.. but you can go back and turn specific radios back on even while in airplane mode.
Also, you could have turned airplane mode off, just ensure data roaming is off. That's what will kill you. Airplane mode is the 'safest' but there is room to wiggle too :)

Is that a submarine???? Why, yes it is!

Not only that.. see those things on deck? Those are for deploying special forces. Looks like an Ohio Class Nuclear Missle sub.. aka a Boomer :)

Loved the video of the pilot boat!

I even got an answer to something I've wondered about for years. When I was a kid and my dad was in the Navy (24 yr vet...I'm very proud of him!) we went on what was called a Dependant's Cruise. Basically the crew's family were invited onboard the ship, they sailed out so far, then turned around and came back all in just 1 day. You could tour most of the ship, they'd bbq for everyone, etc. It was fun!

You also hear them called 'Tiger Cruises'. I got to do one on an aircraft carrier once. Best time of my life. No noise is anything like a F-14 sitting on full afterburner on the catapult. Nothing. My parents were down on the catwalks along the flight deck so the jets took off right over their heads. I was up on the island at the time.

Love the TR. You were pretty close to us.. we sailed on Dream in October, but I booked the Fantasy for a 7 day for Nov '13 as our next cruise. Gotta save up for that redonkulous cost :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom