The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well... this happened while you were away.
Per AmusementLeaks via DVCNews
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/other--proposed-resorts/2480-ft-wilderness-dvc-plans-leaked
b_0_0_0_10_images_stories_OthResort_WildWay_20140109a.png

In best Higgins voice Oh...My...God... Just what WDW needs MORE hotel rooms.

stevehousse

Interesting, isn't it, that nearly every attempt to revive Bugs and make him "relevant" again have failed? Space Jam? Back in Action? That weird Seinfeld-like Bugs and Daffy show on Cartoon Network? Gahhh. Bugs would be better off dead. Besides, how do you top what he's already done? He's a great character with a great past - but no future. Oswald, on the other hand, never got a color cartoon, much less one with sound. He's still relatively new in terms of development. He's still got potential - whereas Bugs exhausted his decades ago.
Oswald did have a small cameo in the new cartoon that played before Frozen...

The Mom

Premium Member
Arguments about matters of taste are pointless.

I would much rather have a bottle (or two) of vintage red wine for the price of a bottle of Dom Perignon. You can give me 100 reasons why I should like the champagne better, but at the end of the day I still won't like the taste. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with those who do, or that I'm correct in my taste.

It ends up being an argument, rather than a debate, because there is nothing logical about why we like or dislike something as trivial as a cartoon character.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
When you have a system where DVC execs make $$$ from selling new timeshares, who cares if you happen to cannabalize demand for the exisisting deluxe hotel rooms on property. It's like EuroDisney all over again, just with timeshares.
Here's an idea - add 3 new E tickets and 2 C/D tickets to each of Epcot, DHS, and DAK, and the reservation lines will be flooded!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Arguments about matters of taste are pointless.

I would much rather have a bottle (or two) of vintage red wine for the price of a bottle of Dom Perignon. You can give me 100 reasons why I should like the champagne better, but at the end of the day I still won't like the taste. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with those who do, or that I'm correct in my taste.

It ends up being an argument, rather than a debate, because there is nothing logical about why we like or dislike something as trivial as a cartoon character.

What I get from this is that you're saying the Hoppy the Hippo bedtime character I made up for my children is the best.

Ignohippo

Here's an idea - add 3 new E tickets and 2 C/D tickets to each of Epcot, DHS, and DAK, and the reservation lines will be flooded!

Amen to that.

Heck, if you want to be all TDO about it, just add an adequate Star Wars Land and watch the reservations roll in.

Just look at what CarsLand did for CA and HP did for Uni (and neither of those have the amount of resorts or other gates that would also see the benefit).

Ignohippo

Oswald did have a small cameo in the new cartoon that played before Frozen...

Oswald is just simply one of the hundreds of IPs that the current regime could be making money from but have generally ignored.

I'm all for buying IPs, but the ones the mouse already owns could be generating an enormous amount of cash if the current regime would just pull their heads out.

HM Spectre

2 BILLION spent and you "can't quantify it from a financial perspective yet"? You are "not even close to being able to quantify it"?

You mean Iger & Rasulo, numbers guys through-and-through, have no method in place to quantify MyMagic+ revenue performance?

Exactly. It's not like they didn't see this question coming; executives meet and discuss the questions that are bound to come up on earnings calls (and even pre-determine their answers in many cases) and I'd be stunned if MM+ wasn't near/at the top of their list. The fact that their "script" for that question was a non-answer with a talking point about how George "really believes" (how concrete LOL) that MM+ helped him accommodate 3,000 more people surrounded by some corporate filler... well that says a lot for not saying anything at all.

If MM+ had any kind of quantifiable, substantial benefit to the bottom line, they'd not only find a way to measure it, they'd sing it from the rooftops louder than Dick Van in Mary Poppins. The fact that Iger "stuck to the script" multiple times is not a exactly a good sign and the fact that he was asked about it twice on the same call is as close as you can get to saying "you didn't answer my question" while still being polite.

At some point once MM+ is more fleshed out and he's asked the same question in every call with less and less patience each time, he'll have to provide a real answer. I'm VERY curious to hear what that is when it eventually comes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom