The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

wdwfan4ver

Here's an idea - add 3 new E tickets and 2 C/D tickets to each of Epcot, DHS, and DAK, and the reservation lines will be flooded!
That amount of rides added to DHS and DAK is fine, Epcot need less than that. It seems like the amount rides you look at adding is for World Showcase and Future World, but World Showcase shouldn't be considered to improved at this point even I do understand based on Entertainment cutbacks are happening at World Showcase with not a lot of rides in that part of Epcot.

The First Priority for improving Epcot isn't adding rides. Updating or redoing Pavilions in Future World is a Start. If Future World gets fixed correctly, the crowds would better and Reservation lines also.

If imagination Pavilion gets redone correctly, it would spread the crowds outs from just looking at Test Track and Soarin' when Epcot opens. Universe of Energy needs to get updated.

The area that needs to be adding attractions to where Wonders of Life building, but that should done after all the problem Pavilions are updated or redone. Having a Pavilion in Future World used for the Food and Fine Festival doesn't make any sense since that festival is for World Showcase only.

Innoventions being improved would help Epcot out or use the buildings for rides/attractions only instead.

The Empress Lilly

A quick defense of Orange Bird. He was plastered all over the Florida Welcome Center in the 70s/early 80s back when most of us middle-class yankees still had to drive down here. I've always associated him as much with Florida as WDW. And on the flip side, only people that had made that drive, through the Bridge-Tunnel and past Pedro and South of the Border, knew who he was--he wasn't on TV or in the movies like the other Disney icons. Recognizing Orange Bird became kind of a secret handshake to those of us lucky enough to have experienced the wonder of Disney World and Parrot Jungle and driving on the beach at Daytona. And that's why I still hang onto the stupid figurines I bought when I was 6, the last relic of my childhood not boxed up.
Ah, I see. :)

Me, I've only ever flown into Florida, except for once. So I do not have those memories of the Orange Bird. To me, he is a commercial mascot for orange juice. I would say that my ten year old self regarded him a commercial thematic intrusion in the Tiki area, but I likely wouldn't have expressed it that way considering at that age I was still picking my nose with plastic dinosaurs. But I did realise that I never saw the bird in Disney movies, cartoons or books. He felt alien to me, not really belonging in the Disney universe.

It's cool how the same symbols can mean different associations to people! Me I never saw any RCA products here, except the odd grammophone, so to me that 'His Master's Voice' RCA dog belonged to Space Mountain. To this day, I still associate him with Space!

Last edited:

aladdin2007

That amount of rides added to DHS and DAK is fine, Epcot need less than that. It seems like the amount rides you look at adding is for World Showcase and Future World, but World Showcase shouldn't be considered to improved at this point even I do understand based on Entertainment cutbacks are happening at World Showcase with not a lot of rides in that part of Epcot.

The First Priority for improving Epcot isn't adding rides. Updating or redoing Pavilions in Future World is a Start. If Future World gets fixed correctly, the crowds would better and Reservation lines also.

If imagination Pavilion gets redone correctly, it would spread the crowds outs from just looking at Test Track and Soarin' when Epcot opens. Universe of Energy needs to get updated.

The area that needs to be adding attractions to where Wonders of Life building, but that should done after all the problem Pavilions are updated or redone. Having a Pavilion in Future World used for the Food and Fine Festival doesn't make any sense since that festival is for World Showcase only.

Innoventions being improved would help Epcot out or use the buildings for rides/attractions only instead.

Agree with all of the above, the food and wine fest pavilion should be in world showplace between uk and canada anyway....also cosmetically fix epcot, get rid of that cemetary out front and take down the ugly tarps and poles around communicore hub, and use Odyssy, and all the other dead spaces.

lazyboy97o

Oswald... Sorry if this was mentioned but it seems like folks here don't know the story of how the rights to Oswald were returned to Disney relatively recently? That's why he is featured in Epic Mickey and in the spotlight.

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/jimhillmedia?url=http://jimhillmedia.com/alumni1/b/wade_sampson/archive/2006/02/15/1279.aspx#.T-rH97We65I#2688
We're well aware of the story. It has meant little beyond two video games that under performed to the point that Disney shut down the game studio responsible for them.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A quick defense of Orange Bird. He was plastered all over the Florida Welcome Center in the 70s/early 80s back when most of us middle-class yankees still had to drive down here. I've always associated him as much with Florida as WDW. And on the flip side, only people that had made that drive, through the Bridge-Tunnel and past Pedro and South of the Border, knew who he was--he wasn't on TV or in the movies like the other Disney icons. Recognizing Orange Bird became kind of a secret handshake to those of us lucky enough to have experienced the wonder of Disney World and Parrot Jungle and driving on the beach at Daytona. And that's why I still hang onto the stupid figurines I bought when I was 6, the last relic of my childhood not boxed up.

So it was you in the car next to ours...........way too much time spent in the backseat of my Dads sedan.

Flipside, my children have never made that road trip, they only know the friendly skies.

stevehousse

To those that have actually played, they were good games with great stories, but the mechanics and controls of the game totally ruined it! Had they not had those issues, they would have done much better. If you ask anyone that has actually played, most will say the same thing...

The Empress Lilly

whylightbulb

I have been out of the loop, but I need to hear it from my UNI sources.
340 is greenlit and rolling along and only slightly behind schedule. Glad you are back!

By the way I'm not sure where all this talk of major problems at Gringotts and HE is coming from but other than the predictable issues encountered on any new ride system as well as the many stupid delays caused by putting kids straight out of school in charge of entire scopes with very little supervision i haven't seen anything yet that will delay opening by months.

TarzanRocked99-

340 is greenlit and rolling along and only slightly behind schedule. Glad you are back!

By the way I'm not sure where all this talk of major problems at Gringotts and HE is coming from but other than the predictable issues encountered on any new ride system as well as the many stupid delays caused by putting kids straight out of school in charge of entire scopes with very little supervision i haven't seen anything yet that will delay opening by months.
WhyLightbulb, is the coaster still a go for JP as well? Seems like everything on that project went quiet after the games opened.

whylightbulb

WhyLightbulb, is the coaster still a go for JP as well? Seems like everything on that project went quiet after the games opened.
I'm not comfortable saying too much about the JP expansion since there are very few involved with that one as of now.

One of the reasons I don't share as much as I used to is because I see posts like the one i saw on another site where the writer states he or she was shown pictures of the Gringotts dragon. There are only a few people that would have production pictures of that and I have a feeling someone is going to get in trouble from that post if the right person sees it or hears about it.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

We're well aware of the story. It has meant little beyond two video games that under performed to the point that Disney shut down the game studio responsible for them.

The games had technical flaws, which online gaming-geek critics chose to focus almost exclusively upon. It had nothing to do with the popularity of Oswald, or Mickey for that matter.

Oh, and Disney Infinity is having its troubles as well. Disney is laying off people from the interactive division again.

NowInc

The games had technical flaws, which online gaming-geek critics chose to focus almost exclusively upon. It had nothing to do with the popularity of Oswald, or Mickey for that matter.

Oh, and Disney Infinity is having its troubles as well. Disney is laying off people from the interactive division again.

Actually..that 2nd part is false.

Infinity has performed VERY well, in fact the layoffs to Disney Interactive are actually due to the OTHER products (of which there are numerous that hemorrhage money) underperforming.

..If ininity was having troubles, they wouldn't have announced they are working on marvel and star wars figures for the next round.

Atomicmickey

I'm not comfortable saying too much about the JP expansion since there are very few involved with that one as of now.

One of the reasons I don't share as much as I used to is because I see posts like the one some pages back where the writer states he or she was shown pictures of the Gringotts dragon. There are only a few people that would have production pictures of that and I have a feeling someone is going to get in trouble from that post if the right person sees it or hears about it.

Thanks for whatever you share, it's always welcome. But, of course, don't put yourself at risk.
Not worth it . . . all good things in time. Or when you feel it can be. :)

Figments Friend

Thought i would share some thoughts about the Orange Bird.
Someone mentioned earlier how only folks who 'drove down' to WDW from the North would know about the Orange Bird.

I only ever had to drive to WDW once from the Frozen North in 1981,....and that was well after i was already aware of the Orange Bird.
I learned about our ol' feathered friend via the hotel gift shops in the late 1970s when i made my first venture to Floridian soil thanks to Eastern Airlines.
I remember thinking he was cool...and bought a little bank of him.
He reminded me of Mickey Mouse ( the head/eyes were similar ) and for that reason at that young age i assumed he was a Disney character.
That turned out to be true...from a certain context.

So my association with the Orange Bird goes far back, and i closely associate him with Florida in general, not just WDW/Disney.
He was like a fun little State mascot...who endorsed the swamplands.
Loved him.

Still do.
Yeah, it's a nostalgia thing.

Orange Bird rules.
He is especially lively when he drinks too much orange juice...

(photo- Animation cel from a 1960s tv advert)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom