The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

cw1982

I gave it a "like" for the effort and excess : D and : )

Especially the ": DDDDDDD" and "XDDDD" at the end. I can't decide if they scream "I'm trying too hard to paint this as perfection" or "I'm 15 and trying to write longer posts so that people think I'm smart." Given that most 15-year-olds don't use the word "abject" very often, I'm going with the former for now.

I love how he or she said that the "hard ticket" made a difference, when one of the biggest complaints I've read was that there were too many tickets sold. If it was that crowded, I'm not sure how making the event "hard ticket" improved the experience. :cautious:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Agreed that it's worth the wait for people. There's authenticity to it and it makes it special.

I just got back from Villains Unleashed, and I had an absolute blast. I got to the park during the daytime so as to not fight traffic and sweated it out in however many degrees it was, lol. The rainstorm was welcome, and I'm so happy that it didn't rain out Fantasmic. I figured I'd not get to see everything so I planned conservatively--watch the opening announcements, fall in line for Fantasmic and the villain-themed pre-show, then run over to the line for a character. (The villain-themed sing-along during the preshow was actually pretty challenging, and some of the trivia was pretty obscure) I was lucky that the only character I wanted to see had an hour-long line, so I got to do more things than I had planned.

It was fun trying to scour for roaming villains, and I saw Frollo twice, but was too intimidated by him to to ask him for a photo, lol. XD

The lighting in that area where the villains were was really cool, it was all blue and eerie--and Shan Yu's area was completely dark.

Then I got dinner, and I loved the villain decorations at the Brown Derby. One thing I was eyeing but didn't get were the Maleficent Staffs--they sounded kind of hefty.

I missed most of the fireworks, but what I saw of them wowed me. : D It was so cool hearing "Sanctuary"--I think that's the name of the song during Frollo's part. There was so much smoke, lol : D Oh right, they played the Stampede during Scar's part. Awesome!

I finished up the night with face painting--I never tried the FX face painting that Hollywood Studios usually has there but maybe I will after now, the villains face painting was really fun ^^. Makeup artists were awesome ^___^

It was also awesome seeing all the cosplayers around, many of them had really gorgeous costumes, and dedicated to their villains of choice. : D

And the merchandise--yay! : DD It's so rare for there to be villain merchandise, it's even rarer for there to be male villain merchandise--I really like the laniard and the T-shirt, with Hades breaking out of shackles and some other villains looking on. Something that surprised me is how popular Shan Yu has become, he's even on the laniard! Good for him! : D

What I love about villain lines at both Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party (also hero lines) and Villains Unleashed is that the meetings are so personal and memorable, at least has been my experience--you can interact with your favorite villain for a few moments and you are just in that line to see that one, before maybe running to catch another one and see this next one personally, in their own personal space.

I wouldn't want them all randomly lined up in a row and it just be a fast photo with each of them-- : ( the thought the staff puts into the locations of the villains--during Rock Your Disney Side, Hades was at Dumbo's area, I heard--who would have thought? : ) But it's perfect, since he's like a ringmaster. And same for the locations of the villains during Villains Unleashed---Evil Queen kind of off by herself in the park, Facilier and Cruella in the thick of things in the middle of the main road, Shan Yu in the Chinatown? area of Streets of America, Jafar by the public library in Streets of America, which fits since he reads quite a bit in the movie. : DD

I also like how there were more villains being unleashed---I definitely don't remember Prince John or the Song of the South villains being there before, that was a treat.: ) It seems like Hades' minions ascended to villain status for the countdown of 50 villains, which was also cool. : D

Finally, I think the hard ticket did make a difference--if there had been a cap on tickets, a lot of people who wanted to go would not have been able to go, but if it was open attendance, then a lot of people would just show up out of curiosity. The people that were there at least knew what they wanted to do. Of course the trick is to prioritize, but even with an attendance cap for the event, if a thousand people want to go see this one character, the line is going to be long and might get cut off. This happened during the 24-hour party with Hades---there were plenty of other villains and I heard their lines were fine (Certainly Jafar's was : DD) but Hades got swamped.

In sum, I love Villains Unleashed and I really hope they do it again next year. I don't have any criticisms, and I really hope they keep the villains meet-and-greets as they are now--one-at-a-time. They are truly special--yes, the princesses are special, too, but villains have never been in a "set" or "line" as the princesses have been. Each villain is unique and the ones that have their own separate meeting space deserve to keep their own separate meeting space. I do hope that some of the roaming villains will come back next year with their own meeting space. : DDDDDDD

I rate this event, on a scale of 1-10, an 11. XDDDD

Strange words.

Mike S

Agreed that it's worth the wait for people. There's authenticity to it and it makes it special.

I just got back from Villains Unleashed, and I had an absolute blast. I got to the park during the daytime so as to not fight traffic and sweated it out in however many degrees it was, lol. The rainstorm was welcome, and I'm so happy that it didn't rain out Fantasmic. I figured I'd not get to see everything so I planned conservatively--watch the opening announcements, fall in line for Fantasmic and the villain-themed pre-show, then run over to the line for a character. (The villain-themed sing-along during the preshow was actually pretty challenging, and some of the trivia was pretty obscure) I was lucky that the only character I wanted to see had an hour-long line, so I got to do more things than I had planned.

It was fun trying to scour for roaming villains, and I saw Frollo twice, but was too intimidated by him to to ask him for a photo, lol. XD

The lighting in that area where the villains were was really cool, it was all blue and eerie--and Shan Yu's area was completely dark.

Then I got dinner, and I loved the villain decorations at the Brown Derby. One thing I was eyeing but didn't get were the Maleficent Staffs--they sounded kind of hefty.

I missed most of the fireworks, but what I saw of them wowed me. : D It was so cool hearing "Sanctuary"--I think that's the name of the song during Frollo's part. There was so much smoke, lol : D Oh right, they played the Stampede during Scar's part. Awesome!

I finished up the night with face painting--I never tried the FX face painting that Hollywood Studios usually has there but maybe I will after now, the villains face painting was really fun ^^. Makeup artists were awesome ^___^

It was also awesome seeing all the cosplayers around, many of them had really gorgeous costumes, and dedicated to their villains of choice. : D

And the merchandise--yay! : DD It's so rare for there to be villain merchandise, it's even rarer for there to be male villain merchandise--I really like the laniard and the T-shirt, with Hades breaking out of shackles and some other villains looking on. Something that surprised me is how popular Shan Yu has become, he's even on the laniard! Good for him! : D

What I love about villain lines at both Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party (also hero lines) and Villains Unleashed is that the meetings are so personal and memorable, at least has been my experience--you can interact with your favorite villain for a few moments and you are just in that line to see that one, before maybe running to catch another one and see this next one personally, in their own personal space.

I wouldn't want them all randomly lined up in a row and it just be a fast photo with each of them-- : ( the thought the staff puts into the locations of the villains--during Rock Your Disney Side, Hades was at Dumbo's area, I heard--who would have thought? : ) But it's perfect, since he's like a ringmaster. And same for the locations of the villains during Villains Unleashed---Evil Queen kind of off by herself in the park, Facilier and Cruella in the thick of things in the middle of the main road, Shan Yu in the Chinatown? area of Streets of America, Jafar by the public library in Streets of America, which fits since he reads quite a bit in the movie. : DD

I also like how there were more villains being unleashed---I definitely don't remember Prince John or the Song of the South villains being there before, that was a treat.: ) It seems like Hades' minions ascended to villain status for the countdown of 50 villains, which was also cool. : D

Finally, I think the hard ticket did make a difference--if there had been a cap on tickets, a lot of people who wanted to go would not have been able to go, but if it was open attendance, then a lot of people would just show up out of curiosity. The people that were there at least knew what they wanted to do. Of course the trick is to prioritize, but even with an attendance cap for the event, if a thousand people want to go see this one character, the line is going to be long and might get cut off. This happened during the 24-hour party with Hades---there were plenty of other villains and I heard their lines were fine (Certainly Jafar's was : DD) but Hades got swamped.

In sum, I love Villains Unleashed and I really hope they do it again next year. I don't have any criticisms, and I really hope they keep the villains meet-and-greets as they are now--one-at-a-time. They are truly special--yes, the princesses are special, too, but villains have never been in a "set" or "line" as the princesses have been. Each villain is unique and the ones that have their own separate meeting space deserve to keep their own separate meeting space. I do hope that some of the roaming villains will come back next year with their own meeting space. : DDDDDDD

image.jpg

71jason

Especially the ": DDDDDDD" and "XDDDD" at the end. I can't decide if they scream "I'm trying too hard to paint this as perfection" or "I'm 15 and trying to write longer posts so that people think I'm smart." Given that most 15-year-olds don't use the word "abject" very often, I'm going with the former for now.

Yeah, reads like a community college freshman trying to write like a 14-year-old.

Tempted to swing by Celebration Town Tavern around 11 am, try to get the scoop from the people who will inevitably be drowning their sorrows after being offered good luck in their future endeavors tomorrow morning. Because this is one story that got away from social media.

PhotoDave219

Yup--people that are far more tuned-in to the Orlando cos-play scene than I am.

Rumor is like the 501st stormtroopers, only ... featured.

I sincerely doubt that. We have Unions and Contracts that frown on such things.

Also, we've heard of the star lord costume backstage for awhile now. I'm gonna need hardcore proof becasue this is just ridiculous.

So twitter now has "Marvel Truthers" or something to that effect? smdh.....

Cesar R M

This almost sounded like something you'd see from a paid guy working for the mouse. lol.

*edit*
just read the last page. Good to know I'm not the only one who tough the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom