The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

BoardwalkGlenn

New Jim Hill podcast again. All about DVC, he says a 7 story DVC section is coming to Caribbean beach with a possibility of a bar or restaurant on the top with illuminations viewing. They would also build a canal that would go under buena vista drive. He also says the river country DVC may be back on the table...

A canal as in boat access to Epcot?!?

I think @WDW1974 hinted at this recently. I'm trying to search for the post about a canal built from CBR to Epcot.

71jason

I'm not so sure they are different enough because it appears Interstellar could have stronger all ages appeal than it may seem. This film could play really well with kids and split that audience more than disney would like it to.

Don't really see that, although would be great if it does, I'm a huge Nolan fan. But even this guy's Batman films skewed very adult. I think BH6 will live or die with the kiddie crowd on its own, without Interstellar affecting it too much either way.

doctornick

Fair point, and granted the only real problem is this isn't the sort of specialty merchandise we want to see Disney creating. When people yearn for unique (park, attraction, & resort specific) merchandise what we (often) really mean is something we can wear, use, or display when we get back home. A Haunted Mansion T-shirt, framed prints, or even tableware fit the bill. While a guest could display their Magic Band collection I suppose, its just not the same thing, as it has no use outside Walt Disney World.

But that's arbitrary. Why can't you "display" a HM magic band at home? No reason you couldn't wear it around if you like the way it looks just because it doesn't have a practical function. Or you could have a box displaying various bands if you wanted to. It's all about what a person makes of it.

Again, not my thing, and I wouldn't buy it. But I wouldn't buy a HM candlesticks or coasters or whatever either. It all seems odd to me that people care about that kind of stuff. I just don't see the need to make fun of people who would want to buy a HM band or insulting Disney for selling them.

Edit: My point is that there seems to be some degree of groupthink on these board as to what is the "ideal" merchandise for the parks and that anything different is "wrong". That seems silly to me as long as there is a market for what they do sell. Doesn't mean there couldn't be other unique merchandise added to the parks, but I don't see the need to disparage when unique items are added just because they might not appeal to you personally.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

I think @WDW1974 hinted at this recently. I'm trying to search for the post about a canal built from CBR to Epcot.
He did. He said they were looking at CSR but it got nixed because of the need for rooms for convention guest.

It will be interesting to see where it would go at CBR. If they do update each building as part of the new renovations then I would assume they will be building a new buulding completely for DVC.

I would be truly glad to see DVC go moderate. A cheaper DVC might sell me.

culturenthrills

Yeah I believe so I almost fell asleep when he was explaining all of this because he was boring me. He did discuss also that more DVC is coming to wilderness lodge too. And that they are eyeing up yacht and beach because they have low occupancy rates. The first 30 minutes of the podcast was him going on about the history of DVC.

Yacht Club would be the last place they would add DVC among the Deluxes. It does not have an occupancy problem. Plenty of convention business.

Cesar R M

But that's arbitrary. Why can't you "display" a HM magic band at home? No reason you couldn't wear it around if you like the way it looks just because it doesn't have a practical function. Or you could have a box displaying various bands if you wanted to. It's all about what a person makes of it.

Again, not my thing, and I wouldn't buy it. But I wouldn't buy a HM candlesticks or coasters or whatever either. It all seems odd to me that people care about that kind of stuff. I just don't see the need to make fun of people who would want to buy a HM band or insulting Disney for selling them.

Edit: My point is that there seems to be some degree of groupthink on these board as to what is the "ideal" merchandise for the parks and that anything different is "wrong". That seems silly to me as long as there is a market for what they do sell. Doesn't mean there couldn't be other unique merchandise added to the parks, but I don't see the need to disparage when unique items are added just because they might not appeal to you personally.
I wonder why hey do not make the central "socket" interchangeable in the magic bands.

aka its a magic band, but once you're done.. you can buy a "socketeted clock" and install it (plug and play style).

So you can have the themed magicband plastic area and you can have a clock in there!

Thus you can wear it everywhere!

Lee

Adventurer
I mentioned it.
Back..wow...over a year ago.

Found it. February 18, 2013:
The proposed new entrance to World Showcase was water-based, and served only Caribbean Beach.
Not sure where it stands now.
I win.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ignoring the "a stopped clock is right twice a day" issue often associated with Jim Hill, it doesn't make sense Disney would pursue both a Wilderness Lodge DVC conversion and a new one at Caribbean Beach at the same time (and inventory at the Polynesian).

It could if the cbr stuff is anew level in dvc as we have discussed

Rteetz

Well if anyone has been paying attention to twitter a lot of people are really upset over villains unleashed tonight. There were lines at guest services. Also apparently disney didn't put a limit on how many tickets were sold because crowds were out of control. Lines were over 2 hours for many things. The constantine line reached 3 hours and was closed after that. merchandise was sold out by 10:30 pm. Lots of alcoholic drinks were being sold and not as many non alcoholic drinks according to some. The fantasmic pre show was a trivia session nothing special. Just sounds like another mess on Disneys part. Lots of people did like meeting characters they had never gotten to before tho. Disney also had a lot of star wars characters out and even characters from guardians of the galaxy.

Rteetz

That a shame...u would think they would have learne from last year...just sounds like a repeat of it...

Who is Constantine???
Constantine is the villain from Muppets Most Wanted he is the muppet that looks exactly like kermit except he has a black mark on his face. He was popular because he interacted with you in the meet and greet like talking etc.

stevehousse

Constantine is the villain from Muppets Most Wanted he is the muppet that looks exactly like kermit except he has a black mark on his face. He was popular because he interacted with you in the meet and greet like talking etc.
Ok cool, had no idea he was gonna b there...did u attend this or just heard about it? Did u complain at all to GS? Would really like to know more...was it as bad as last year (if u went).

Also I love how people on this thread love to bash the Muppets, but it sounds like a Muppet was the most popular character at the party! Go Figure...

Rteetz

Ok cool, had no idea he was gonna b there...did u attend this or just heard about it? Did u complain at all to GS? Would really like to know more...was it as bad as last year (if u went).

Also I love how people on this thread love to bash the Muppets, but it sounds like a Muppet was the most popular character at the party! Go Figure...
No I didn't attend I would've if I was in Florida just to see what it was but Im in wonderful Wisconsin after all. I follow a lot of people who were at the party including the fabulous Ricky Brigante who seemed to love the party. The overall consensus I got was most people were upset and that it was not worth the extra money. Lots of people compared it to last years event which was bad as well according to most.

Just saw a report on Twitter that Disney is refunding the fee to guests.

I also saw a report on Twitter earlier that a guy could find a ton of alcoholic drinks but no bottles of water for sale for his 10 year old daughter.

stevehousse

No I didn't attend I would've if I was in Florida just to see what it was but Im in wonderful Wisconsin after all. I follow a lot of people who were at the party including the fabulous Ricky Brigante who seemed to love the party. The overall consensus I got was most people were upset and that it was not worth the extra money. Lots of people compared it to last years event which was bad as well according to most.

Just saw a report on Twitter that Disney is refunding the fee to guests.

I also saw a report on Twitter earlier that a guy could find a ton of alcoholic drinks but no bottles of water for sale for his 10 year old daughter.
Too bogus...I wonder why they didn't cap the attendance here? Or did it sell out and they just sold too many tickets?

They really should have this multiple times during the Halloween season instead of just one night...

I also just moved from Chicago suburbs to the Kenosha / Pleasant Prarie area this past spring...where in WI r u?

Rteetz

Too bogus...I wonder why they didn't cap the attendance here? Or did it sell out and they just sold too many tickets?

They really should have this multiple times during the Halloween season instead of just one night...

I also just moved from Chicago suburbs to the Kenosha / Pleasant Prarie area this past spring...where in WI r u?
I was really surprised that this event didn't sell out. I really think disney probably did sell too many tickets. Normally hard ticket events have a number they reach to sell out and they obviously didn't for this.

I agree with that as well, I thought once this night sold out which never happened they would expand it to another night.

I live in the Milwaukee area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom