The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GiveMeTheMusic

Yup--people that are far more tuned-in to the Orlando cos-play scene than I am.

Rumor is like the 501st stormtroopers, only ... featured.

I can tell you that they are indeed CMs (not Equity, because characters) and not only that - they were flown out from DLR for this event. They are NOT cosplayers. If you scan pics online of another Marvel hero at DLR, Star Lord will look very familiar.

So the whole cosplay thing is BS - amazing how so many people on twitter for sure recognized someone they've never seen before.

RSoxNo1

Ignoring the "a stopped clock is right twice a day" issue often associated with Jim Hill, it doesn't make sense Disney would pursue both a Wilderness Lodge DVC conversion and a new one at Caribbean Beach at the same time (and inventory at the Polynesian).
He said 5 year plan for this, but it didn't sound like he specified start time/end time and he also threw out the disclaimer that plans change as well.

asianway

I can tell you that they are indeed CMs (not Equity, because characters) and not only that - they were flown out from DLR for this event. They are NOT cosplayers. If you scan pics online of another Marvel hero at DLR, Star Lord will look very familiar.

So the whole cosplay thing is BS - amazing how so many people on twitter for sure recognized someone they've never seen before.
I can corroborate this one independently

asianway

Yeah, reads like a community college freshman trying to write like a 14-year-old.

Tempted to swing by Celebration Town Tavern around 11 am, try to get the scoop from the people who will inevitably be drowning their sorrows after being offered good luck in their future endeavors tomorrow morning. Because this is one story that got away from social media.
Even Deb Wills trashed the event, that's bad

phillip sugarman

According to the Disneyandmore website, Clifford Wong, James Alexander Stark, and Scott Trowbridge applied for permits involving the use of quadcopter drones. The permits look like the drones are going to be used for entertainment purposes. The drones are shown in the permits carrying screens and possibly puppets. Since Scott Trowbridge is the portfolio leader for the Star Wars projects at Disneyland, could the drones be used for entertainment purposes specifically for Star Wars land?
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/08/amazing-new-wdi-patents-shows.html

danlb_2000

Premium Member
According to the Disneyandmore website, Clifford Wong, James Alexander Stark, and Scott Trowbridge applied for permits involving the use of quadcopter drones. The permits look like the drones are going to be used for entertainment purposes. The drones are shown in the permits carrying screens and possibly puppets. Since Scott Trowbridge is the portfolio leader for the Star Wars projects at Disneyland, could the drones be used for entertainment purposes specifically for Star Wars land?
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/08/amazing-new-wdi-patents-shows.html

Actually they are patents not permits. Being discussed here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/drones-may-be-used-in-disney-parks-in-the-future.888883/

As for what they plan to use them for, could be pretty much anything, or possibly nothing.

Lee

Adventurer
I have to give props to Deb. She's always been very fair and even in her coverage. She's beholden to nobody in with what she writes.
I've got no beef with her. I seem to recall meeting her once, years ago.

But, lines like this annoy me:
While I try my best to be objective and fair, sometimes I follow the "if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it" line of thinking.

Truly objective would be to go ahead and say it, nice or not. Otherwise, you're sugar coating it.

But, hey...props for saying it (sort of) this time.

TP2000

Why would they need to fly in performers from Disneyland for this one-night event? WDW's entertainment department doesn't have the people to do that? I'm confused.

doctornick

Why would they need to fly in performers from Disneyland for this one-night event? WDW's entertainment department doesn't have the people to do that? I'm confused.

For a face character who wouldn't normally appear, they might need to. It seems plausible that WDW didn't have an actor who looked right for the part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom