The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

Like someone pointed out in another thread they could technically do a costumed Groot, similar to Silm from Bug's Life.
Something like this cosplayer?

tumblr_n9tbz7GRsf1rh1v81o5_1280.jpg

....English, boys. This is 'merica.

I'm just glad you didn't said "THIS IS 'MURICA, SPEAK AMERICAN!" :hilarious:

Cesar R M

SIOP - End of the world plan. The button has been pushed. No Command-Z to undo.

BUFF - B-52 Strategic Bomber, nicknamed the 'Big Ugly Fat Fella' (in polite conversation). Carries nukes. Accidently dropped one on North Carolina once, but the Safety was on.

W-61 Gravity Bomb - Its a nuclear weapon. Powered by gravity. And Physics.

Strategic Air Command - The people in charge of dropping nuclear weapons from airplanes. HQ is in Omaha, Nebraska.

Speaking of Strategic Command.
Anyone remembers that news where they found a lot of violations from the officers incharge of the missiles? (like drugs, prostitution, alcohol and leaving the silo systems open while active if I remember correctly ?)

PhotoDave219

Speaking of Strategic Command.
Anyone remembers that news where they found a lot of violations from the officers incharge of the missiles? (like drugs, prostitution, alcohol and leaving the silo systems open while active if I remember correctly ?)

Yes... but we are seriously straying far off topic. Unless someone can figure out how this ties into Disney ...

Now does anyone know if this infamous "Duck and Cover" cartoon is Disney? Or someone else?

Tigger1988

except you're wrong, I am subscribed there and they have posted it without "Spoiler Alert" first.

see by yourself:
3933758719.jpg

Note that this link shared was BEFORE the "spoiler" direct uploaded video.
Which is this:

8393017331.jpg

Compare the dates.

It also still says "Watch groot dance to the beat".

In short, they still spoiled it everywhere with hardly any warning. (including Yahoo, Youtube..etc..)
Except I'm not wrong. I stated a fact and your screenshot proved it. The official accounts consider it a spoiler (which it is, a big one actually), arguing that makes you look silly.

Mike S

Like someone pointed out in another thread they could technically do a costumed Groot, similar to Silm from Bug's Life.
I know but I still think a Groot suit like the Transformers could be better than a foam suit like what Slim seems to be made of (is it? I'm not sure) especially since he's basically a living tree. Maybe he can have an animated face like talking Mickey. That's all I'm saying.

seahawk7

Yes... but we are seriously straying far off topic. Unless someone can figure out how this ties into Disney ...

Now does anyone know if this infamous "Duck and Cover" cartoon is Disney? Or someone else?

I read it was produced in 1951 by the U.S. civil defense branch shortly after the Soviet Union began nuclear testing. It was written by Raymond J Mauer and directed by Anthony Rizzoli of Archer Productions.

But if you were being sarcastic...

Goofyernmost

I think after 20 years and thousands of dollars I was committed. But only you Goofyer then anybody would take a metaphor and make it literal. But here is a nice parting gift and thanks for playing along.
No, only I can take a questionable metaphor and expand it. No need for thanks! I'm always happy to be there for you.

Last edited:

John

No only I can take a questionable metaphor and expand it. No need for thanks! I'm always happy to be there for you.

You are just being your old curmudgeon self ( BTW your avatar is very fitting). Most metaphors are questionable as they are an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But you seem to think its your responsibility to make a snarky comment. I am not sure whats so "questionable" about it to begin with. Anybody that doesn't think that WDW hasn't changed in the last 20 years is delusional. Now weather it has changed for the better or not is a personal opinion. As far as "being there for you"....does this mean I have my very own fanboi like 74?.....yippee!

RSoxNo1

That is totally insane, even if you live in O-Town. How much do you have to spend on overpriced Disney food and drink just to break even? And why would someone who lives in the area, with so many options for dining, want to eat that much there?

It was a great deal when it started ... and even got better as the price increased because more locations accepted it (when it began, only five locations at EPCOT accepted it). But for the last decade it has all been about raising the price of the offering, opening it to more people (first APers, then DVCers now ... anyone?)

I just don't get why anyone would want the thing. I gave up mine in 2008 and almost did the two years prior.
You need to spend $500 at table service to make it worth it with an AP (I paid $100 for mine). I'll get the value out of it with a trip with 9 people. 2 meals pretty much covers it. Having said that, I can imagine that most people can't get that value out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom