The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You need to spend $500 at table service to make it worth it with an AP (I paid $100 for mine). I'll get the value out of it with a trip with 9 people. 2 meals pretty much covers it. Having said that, I can imagine that most people can't get that value out of it.

If you or those in your group like to have a cocktail or 3 with dinner it's pretty easy to hit $500 even with 4 people as long as you actually eat on property. Even with 2 adults and 2 kids I rarely have a table service meal under $100 and the card does cover limited quick service places as well. It also covers the shows like Hoop dee doo, luau and Backyard BBQ. For people who spend 2 or more weeks at WDW per year it seems like it would definitely be worth it. Sometimes you could also get 2 years worth of trips under one $100 card. If I go in August for 10 days this year and then a week next June I'm getting 17 days under the same 1 year card.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
How do Blue Aliens in Ferngully complete the theme pray tell? Considering that according to AK only two continents exist Africa and Asia The Americas and Australia make a big hole.

Even if we journey back to the Triassic period only the Laurasia supercontinent is represented Gondwana is still missing...

Because the original idea for the land now becoming Avatarland was for it to be of fantasy and mystic creatures (unicorns and other animals that don't exist)

Darth Sidious

Those types of animals were often created as explanations or interpretations for what was seen here on Earth. They were not created to be fictional.

Well obviously I'm just not against the Avatarland idea as a replacement for that original idea. That being said I think we can all agree we shouldn't get people into yet another debate over Avatar. Haha

twebber55

Because the original idea for the land now becoming Avatarland was for it to be of fantasy and mystic creatures (unicorns and other animals that don't exist)
that plus the entire movie was about conservation, living in harmony with nature, taking a stand on behalf of nature

here's a video of Joe Rohde explaining the connection of Pandora to the rest of AK in which he articulates the reasoning behind the land, mind you this wasn't on the parks blog it was he and Jon Landeau talking to DAK CM's

these debates are lame and over done nothing will change the mind of either side I don't know why I get involved
:)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Those types of animals were often created as explanations or interpretations for what was seen here on Earth. They were not created to be fictional.
Same with the Yeti. But they are still not "real" creatures. The difference between unicorns/dragons/yeti and the blue aliens from Avatar is that they are based in mythology or urban legends from Earth instead of creatures from another planet in a sci-Fi movie. I can see both sides of this argument. It's a bit of a stretch to say Avatarland fits. But if you include fictional creatures, it does. It's really a personal interpretation.

Of course it would have probably been cleaner thematically to just build out an Australia land instead, but as they said in the last earnings call, rides based on movies and IP give them more bang for their buck. I'm not agreeing, but that's the current line of thinking from TWDC.

I'm not worried about Avatarland not fitting in. If it's done well and is an immersive land with a true e-ticket and hopefully a decent boat ride too I'm sold. AK currently is setup to present different animals from around the world in recreations of their natural habitats. If the land really looks like the concept art it will achieve the goal of looking and feeling like being on Pandora in the habitat of the blue people.

If it comes up short, it's still a pretty isolated section of the park so won't disrupt the environment in the rest of the park either way.

Darth Sidious

I keep seeing more Robin Williams tributes and I think it's the only time a celebrity death upset me. He was always a favorite of mine from his stand up to his acting. He was different, he made people happier, he made people laugh and it sucks that unfortunately internally he couldn't feel the way he helped so many others feel. It's clear he was unique and not just your run of the mill star.

Just felt like writing my thoughts down, thanks to anyone who read them lol. I'm glad he'll continue to entertain the world.

Goofyernmost

You are just being your old curmudgeon self ( BTW your avatar is very fitting). Most metaphors are questionable as they are an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But you seem to think its your responsibility to make a snarky comment. I am not sure whats so "questionable" about it to begin with. Anybody that doesn't think that WDW hasn't changed in the last 20 years is delusional. Now weather it has changed for the better or not is a personal opinion. As far as "being there for you"....does this mean I have my very own fanboi like 74?.....yippee!
I'm not sure whether you are just trying to pick a fight or what. All I did was add to your "clever" metaphor because I feel that we, not me because I just view a Disney Park as a diversion, not a way of life, are prone to overlook the fact that things that have declined have been partially caused by changes in societal interests and demands and the fact that in spite of feeling a decline in quality all of you continue to support the place financially and think that saying a few comments on a fan board have any affect whatsoever.

It isn't any of our fault, completely, that it has become what it is. Some of us shouldn't continue to support it because we are aware of the decline. The majority do not have a clue. Many weren't even alive when it was different. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised that if you added the TOTAL number of members of all the fan sites together it wouldn't add up to one days general admission to all the Disney Parks.

As far as making a snarky comment. Excuse me, my mistake. I thought this was a discussion forum. I wasn't, until now, aware that it was your own private soap box where you can dispel your wisdom and not have any other viewpoint enter into it. The funny part of it was that I was mildly amused by your post and thought that I would add a continued metaphoric response placing some of the blame. So with that in mind, I don't think you have a fanboi here. I didn't have any problem with you having your stand, but unless someone was standing behind you with a shotgun, staying 20 years with a declining beauty cannot be anyone's fault but your own. Sorry to disappoint, you will have to keep looking for your fanboi.

BTW, since I think this is a ridiculous back and forth that really doesn't have any basis of even existing, I will not reply to it any further.

culturenthrills

came back from a great concert tonight to that bummer news..

saw soundgarden and nine inch nails btw..

so awesome

I was at that show. What an amazing show esp. Nine Inch Nails. The lights, the moving led screens and the songs had a more raw feel to them as a 4 piece. One of the best show I have seen in awhile.

NearTheEars

I'm inclined to agree with you, although I certainly wish he would -- it would be great to watch him desperately trying to appear "hip" and "relevant." Plus there might be a clue as to whom his successor might be if he names Staggs or Rasulo in his challenge.

He in the end did do it, but funny that old Bob gets ripped with predictions that he wouldn't do it, and if he did, he would just be trying to be hip. :hungry:

Oh well. At least he wore a Mickey T

Magenta Panther

I keep seeing more Robin Williams tributes and I think it's the only time a celebrity death upset me. He was always a favorite of mine from his stand up to his acting. He was different, he made people happier, he made people laugh and it sucks that unfortunately internally he couldn't feel the way he helped so many others feel. It's clear he was unique and not just your run of the mill star.

Just felt like writing my thoughts down, thanks to anyone who read them lol. I'm glad he'll continue to entertain the world.

Well, of course we know now that Robin was actually very ill, with Parkinson's. There is no cure for it, and it is very debilitating. Parkinson's can also aggravate depression, big time. All in all, I think I can understand why Robin made the choice he did. A terrible choice, but how could anyone condemn him for it?

BrianLo

These wouldn't happen to have anything to do with what you were hinting at @WDW1974?

hkmsg_twams132_06.JPG

Andy Sinclair-Harris @1lowereastside · Aug 14
About to get a lot more 'chilly' at Hong Kong Disneyland...

After all, the train is still down for a while with Ironman and that would happen to be the last logical location to build an additional guest pathway below the tracks to access the expansion plots and build out fantasyland...

Perhaps I'm just reading into things too much and connecting a little too many dots...

FigmentJedi

How do Blue Aliens in Ferngully complete the theme pray tell? Considering that according to AK only two continents exist Africa and Asia The Americas and Australia make a big hole.

Even if we journey back to the Triassic period only the Laurasia supercontinent is represented Gondwana is still missing...
Three. You ignored Dinoland being North America, through the lens of the western USA and America's love of paleontology both reverent and irreverent.

Beastly Kingdom was going to be Europe.

Mike S

These wouldn't happen to have anything to do with what you were hinting at @WDW1974?

hkmsg_twams132_06.JPG

After all, the train is still down for a while with Ironman and that would happen to be the last logical location to build an additional guest pathway below the tracks to access the expansion plots and build out fantasyland...

Perhaps I'm just reading into things too much and connecting a little too many dots...
Chilly huh? Anyone want to make bets of how much better Frozen will be at HKDL over Epcot (if this is indeed true)?

Magenta Panther

hkmsg_twams132_06.JPG

Well, what else can any of us do, when all we get are vague, inflammatory rumors? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom