The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Soarin' Over Pgh

!

I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only on this imporant topic:

While WDW may very well be one of the safest places for an adult with an all adult party to vacation, it's safe to say it is no longer the case with children.

If there are children in your party, the bubble does not exist.

There is a percentage of people who have this issue who chose theme parks as a place of employment specifically to be near children. The same is true for a percentage of guests, who don't have to fill out an application form or submit to an interview. It would not surprise me if the MK has one, if not several, people who fit this description within the gates at all times. You hope this important story (whether well done or not - I didn't see it) motivates all theme park operators to reevaluate if they are doing the best they can to protect their most vunerable guests.

But more importantly, you hope that the parents realize the real potential danger that exists there. That these people are within the gates. That they still have fun, but realize that they have to recognize the reality.

I dunno if I'd say "no longer safe" because I hesitate to think that 100% safety was ever possible.

As an aside, if you are a person "on the list" and registered sex offender, you are not legally allowed to be within a certain distance of schools, playgrounds, etc that attract a great number of children. I don't know how it's set up in Florida but here in PA the legal limits are living within 1000 feet of school or playground, but there are no requirements for amusement parks, zoos, museums, etc.

And also an FYI, you are not allowed by law to call out a registered sex offender. This includes telling neighbors, posting flyers, or generally informing ANYONE of their status. They can sue you for slander.

So guys please be careful, there are thin lines to be walked on here...

Edit. I just saw Moms warning, but I think it's important to note the above before any names are put out there.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Still hanging around, waiting for 74 to start the next thread...
5c44f761_cookiemonster-waiting-for-cookies.gif
I really like that post! Wish there was a SUPER LIKE button!

Skyway

!

And also an FYI, you are not allowed by law to call out a registered sex offender. This includes telling neighbors, posting flyers, or generally informing ANYONE of their status. They can sue you for slander.

So guys please be careful, there are thin lines to be walked on here

Ummm...no. Not true at all. Not one bit.

That nice little thing called the Constitution prohibits the government from banning speech. The law cannot prohibit you from saying anything (no, you can't harass a sex offender, or anybody else for that matter).

And you can't lose a slander lawsuit if it's true. If the state calls that person a sex offender, you can say it too.

The lines are actually quite thick here. Proceed with discussion....

Voice of Disney sanity

ignore him. seascape is again going mental.

Honestly, the only issue I seen with Disney.. was not giving a clear statement as Universal ( on dealing swiftly with the employees who break the law).

But If other posters are right, they actually did.. just not to CNN
It is also VERY likely that CNN edited Disney's statement to make them look as though they didn't care, as it's pretty obvious to me they intended to implicate Disney as partially responsible.

DisneyFan 2000

Wasn't there going to be some "BIG" news shared by 74 in a separate thread? Seem to recall that being stated. I see nothing. Did I miss it? :rolleyes:
I feel like there needs to be a reminder that no insider here owes anyone here anything, least of all answering to one timetable or another. At the end of the day this is a theme park message board, lets just put things into perspective for a moment.

twebber55

I feel like there needs to be a reminder that no insider here owes anyone here anything, least of all answering to one timetable or another. At the end of the day this is a theme park message board, lets just put things into perspective for a moment.
well there is that monthly fee I pay here as well as the money the insiders get paid;)

Lee

Adventurer
Wasn't there going to be some "BIG" news shared by 74 in a separate thread? Seem to recall that being stated. I see nothing. Did I miss it? :rolleyes:
You didn't miss it.
It'll get here eventually.

And as I said last night:
Not sure bombshell is the word I'd use...
It's good info, for sure, but calling it a bombshell is setting unreasonable expectations.

The bigger impact will be at TDO. This will be rampant over there:
tumblr_ln7jndlV2H1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

While here, a lot of this:
2fff62914cfe.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom