The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

FigmentJedi

That helps... except for the whole Peter dying part. How does he have a body to go back to if the brain swap happened right before his death?
I know there was some stuff when it was starting out with Peter's ghost appearing to Ock a couple times like he was some dead Jedi.

culturenthrills

I'd say watching superhero cartoons is a better way to experience some of these characters, though DC has a more consistent track record of quality in that department versus Marvel, which generally has the better movies.

Besides Avenger's:Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which was aweseome the new Avengers show blech, the current Marvel animated series suck.

Bolna

Wow, I sometimes wish 25 pages of the 35th version of the "Star Wars is better than Avatar" debate would get as many posts requesting that the topic is being dropped as this CNN story gets after being discussed for 12 hours.

Aren't we generally discussing stuff that most people would not consider newsworthy? I even remember pages and pages of talk about Casey Anthony. What was newsworthy about that? A criminal trial like so many others taking place every day. And not even connected to Disney in any way.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Still hanging around, waiting for 74 to start the next thread...
5c44f761_cookiemonster-waiting-for-cookies.gif

Cesar R M

That helps... except for the whole Peter dying part. How does he have a body to go back to if the brain swap happened right before his death?
there were parts inside the brain on the original body of "peter parker" who fought the intrusion of the mind of Dr. Octopus.
after a couple of fights and back and forts... supposedly Doc found a way and managed to completely annihilate the last remains of Peter Parker.. how the hell he again returned after Doc waving the white flag? I have no idea XD

comics sometimes are insanely confusing... at least we do not have our daily doze of "OH NO, SUPERMAN LOST HIS POWERS FOREVER" for the 6634255432th time like in the old DC.

Mike S

there were parts inside the brain on the original body of "peter parker" who fought the intrusion of the mind of Dr. Octopus.
after a couple of fights and back and forts... supposedly Doc found a way and managed to completely annihilate the last remains of Peter Parker.. how the hell he again returned after Doc waving the white flag? I have no idea XD

comics sometimes are insanely confusing... at least we do not have our daily doze of "OH NO, SUPERMAN LOST HIS POWERS FOREVER" for the 6634255432th time like in the old DC.
image.jpg
I'm so confused..........

cw1982

Thanks, friend...
*smiling and nodding and backing away* :cautious:

So... how 'bout this weather we're having? ;)

Goofyernmost

I think this is why I'm kind of like 'whatever' in this matter. I know it sounds bad...but we hear about sexual predators all the time. Having lived in Polk County for twelve years I heard all about Grady Judd's sting operations practically monthly.
I agree This whole thing is a problem, but thirty pages of it on a Spirited thread which normally cover more news and rumors is a lot. I think we've covered it. Yeah Disney wants to sweep it under the rug. Sickening of them to do so. I'm hoping they get more info about the Imagineers and the Bryan Singer stuff out there too while they're covering it.
Sweep what under the rug. There doesn't appear to be anything to be swept. If you're talking about being aware that there is a potential danger, then I'm sure that everyone is completely aware of it. There was a time that many, many threads were created concerning how old a kid needs to be to use a bathroom by his or herself. It's a long story and when looked at closer even those were because of a distrust of other Guests and if anyone has a really good idea on how they are supposed to screen everyone that enters a park, I'd like to hear it.

Again, the intent was not to hurt Disney, but to help.
I understand what you are saying. But, this cannot be helping Disney, especially if they are doing everything that is possible to avoid a problem which has yet to be documented as happening within their domain. It is a nice, comfortable way to avoid the real problem which is mental illness and our societies inability to come to grips with the fact that there is no way to control every messed up individual. Unless someone can point out what can be done to prevent this from happening and spell out how Disney can control the thoughts of individual human beings and still remain within the bill of rights. We have to assume, since it hasn't happened here that we know of, that what they are doing is sufficient to protect the safety of all it's guests.

I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only on this imporant topic:

While WDW may very well be one of the safest places for an adult with an all adult party to vacation, it's safe to say it is no longer the case with children.

If there are children in your party, the bubble does not exist.

There is a percentage of people who have this issue who chose theme parks as a place of employment specifically to be near children. The same is true for a percentage of guests, who don't have to fill out an application form or submit to an interview. It would not surprise me if the MK has one, if not several, people who fit this description within the gates at all times. You hope this important story (whether well done or not - I didn't see it) motivates all theme park operators to reevaluate if they are doing the best they can to protect their most vunerable guests.

But more importantly, you hope that the parents realize the real potential danger that exists there. That these people are within the gates. That they still have fun, but realize that they have to recognize the reality.
The important question is has any of this happened within the park or on Disney property, while the perp. was on duty and being supervised. If the answer is no, then the inclusion of Disney, Uni and Seaworld was used strictly for the purpose of drawing attention to it. And that in spite of the fact that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Disney or anything within Disney's control or Uni's or Seaworlds. When looked at it in that manner then the bubble is indeed still in place until someone is able to prove that something has happened within the park. In this case, if it weren't for overreaction there would be no reaction at all. I, I'm sorry to have to admit, was drawn into it myself. (overreaction, that is)

Skyway

I read that case a few months ago... I still wonder why the hell this "security officer" only went ahead to make noise AFTER she got fired.

The article says she resigned a week after the molestation, not fired. I wonder if she would have quit sooner but stayed on for one more week-long cruise. Either way, her story seems to be supported by the security cameras and the fact the Disney worker was taken out of US waters even though the molestation happened in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom