The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I ran into this at both WDW and UNI in June. It was generally just my son, my wife, and I so we often had that "extra seat" in a RV. On multiple occasions this led to me being paired with a child under 12 from the single rider line (in a two person RV) or having the child get in line to sit next to me in a larger RV. My response was to either make my wife change spots with me or, if the child was close to my son's age, having my son switch spots. I would have just bailed out of the line if it was all that could be done, because there was no way I was getting in a ride vehicle in that situation.

Because someone might accuse you of something ?

This society is gonna implode... Because we are going to be scared of breathing before too long

Hopefully the population will break out if this stupidity before we all die running from ourselves

Soarin' Over Pgh

If there is no news, then there shouldn't be any new posts. So perhaps people should just stop posting here until there is some news.

We'll just sit here, twiddling our thumbs instead.

1378785502933.gif

ProfSavage

Basically I can't go to work or do major grocery shopping or I miss the transition. Unless we are still like George Carlin and don't do transitions (and now we're on barns).

KingdomofDreams

I feel like there needs to be a reminder that no insider here owes anyone here anything, least of all answering to one timetable or another. At the end of the day this is a theme park message board, lets just put things into perspective for a moment.

Lol... my perspective is quite fine thank you. But I do agree, this is just a public message board... nothing more. No one owes anyone anything. 74 is the one who said he was going to drop this info and made quite the big deal of it...even giving a very precise timeline of when he intended to do so. I was merely making the point that I had not seen it yet and wondered if I'd missed it.

@Lee thank you for the update.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Edit again, unable to pm member

Ummm...no. Not true at all. Not one bit.

That nice little thing called the Constitution prohibits the government from banning speech. The law cannot prohibit you from saying anything (no, you can't harass a sex offender, or anybody else for that matter).

And you can't lose a slander lawsuit if it's true. If the state calls that person a sex offender, you can say it too.

The lines are actually quite thick here. Proceed with discussion....

Um, actually.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006060208658

I've been personally taken to court and verbally reprimanded for informing three families on my (old) street that a registered sex offender.... Convicted for child rape...moved in, next door to me. I was only trying to let them know and fact check myself, by printing the page of his photograph and name/info off of Megan's Law website. Turns out, doing this is "illegal".

Please don't assume that it's harmless to go on and tell everyone. If you have questions or would like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me. I don't think Mom wants more talk on the subject out in the open. :)

Last edited:

fillerup

Edit again, unable to pm member

Um, actually.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006060208658

I've been personally taken to court and verbally reprimanded for informing three families on my (old) street that a registered sex offender.... Convicted for child rape...moved in, next door to me. I was only trying to let them know and fact check myself, by printing the page of his photograph and name/info off of Megan's Law website. Turns out, doing this is "illegal".

Please don't assume that it's harmless to go on and tell everyone. If you have questions or would like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me. I don't think Mom wants more talk on the subject out in the open. :)

Well, I'd say you have some officially screwed up and weird laws and courts in Pa.

In Florida, sex offenders are required to report to their county Sheriff when they establish residence and the Sheriff is then required to post that info online with job info (I think), address, description of the offense, and a picture.

That's what's known as a public record. Telling your neighbors, friends, family, or strangers on the street something that's in the public record is not only legal, it's protected - at least in Florida. You know, the state with an abundance of Disney pedophiles.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, I'd say you have some officially screwed up and weird laws and courts in Pa.

In Florida, sex offenders are required to report to their county Sheriff when they establish residence and the Sheriff is then required to post that info online with job info (I think), address, description of the offense, and a picture.

That's what's known as a public record. Telling your neighbors, friends, family, or strangers on the street something that's in the public record is not only legal, it's protected - at least in Florida. You know, the state with an abundance of Disney pedophiles.
PA has the same type of website. Lists names, work/home/school address, make and model of car, even pictures. You can search by address or name. The issue in question here is likely that you are not permitted to use the information on the site to threaten or harass the registered offender or their family. I would guess in this case they considered printing the pages and distributing them to your neighbors to be harassment. Bizarre interpretation of the law.

danv3

I've never understood the theory that convenience could increase sales enough to make up the investment. To begin with, the added convenience of the band is minimal over the room key or a credit card. Moreover, the whole theory is predicated on the guests being really, really dumb if they're going to buy more because they "only" have to swipe a band (and remember a pin) instead of swiping a card and signing their name.

Interesting to claim that FP+ and bands keep people in the park longer. Why? Because they're waiting in more lines for non-headliner attractions?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Some Spirited Thoughts/Perspective:

It would be very nice and helpful if everyone who doesn't have anything to add to a subject simply did NOT post in an OCD fashion. I get that some of you feel that the news that CNN reported on doesn't fit your definition of news and you are entitled to that opinion (even if the prevailing view in media says otherwise with outlets all over the globe picking it up). But what really isn't cool and shouldn't be tolerated is people coming in here and saying 'Nothing to see. Nobody should discuss it. Move on.''

That's not how news works, and it shouldn't be how a WDW-centric forum works either. You take the pedos along with the pixie dust.

Otherwise, it makes the site look like the rah-rah Disney can do no wrong forum that many Twits accuse it of being. ... So long as the media is talking about it and I feel there is something I can add, then I will. You don't like it? No one forces anyone to read this thread, although we know that it sure seems like everyone here does.

To clarify something, I won't say I'm responsible for the story (let Disney worry about that). I will say that I contacted CNN in early 2013 to discuss the story (and others) and thought Disney had killed it until very recently. I didn't know it was airing last night until Monday morning.

I realize that some people here want to not believe a word I have to say, which does make you wonder why they are reading my thread to begin with. To the bigger point here, I have met many forum members from this site (and others) in my 20 years of being part of the online Disney fan community.

But beyond my pal @Lee (who I would run into a burning building for!), I'd say a good two dozen folks from this forum know me in the real world. They know I'm the real deal. End of statement. There's no discussion to be had.

I'm sorta fed up with some folks here believing I owe them anything (beyond being honest and showing integrity). Yes, I said I have some important news to share. Yes, I said it would come early this week. But guess what? Something bigger hit the media, something I believe is more important. And after spending a few hours defending the newsworthiness of pedophiles working in the No.1 theme park destination on the planet, I just don't have the stomach for breaking more Disney (or UNI) news on this site right now. I am sure when I put it up, I'll get plenty of 'that's it!?!!' remarks because while I look at the big picture, I realize many others do not.

I have already said the news has to do with Disney and its business model going forward. This isn't an announcement of what will be in Star Wars Land or the next upcharge event. It's big picture stuff.

I do not get paid to post here. Or for my time. When I, or anyone else for that matter, break news here, it isn't even mentioned on the main page because Steve only puts his info there. ... I do not appreciate the demanding tone that in some cases borders of bullying for info. I'll put it out when I feel like it and if you read it and appreciate it, that's great. If not, that's cool with me too. Again, this isn't my job.

Finally, a comment on my comment about the PML. I am a semi-regular topic of discussion down there and I know this and who is doing this. I don't really care as it cements my opinion that some folks are simply obsessed with me and can't not read what I post or comment on it. And they feel safe there. That's cool. If it bothered me enough, then I'd say something to the mods. Beyond the labeling me as a homophobe, I am quite amused by it. But, no, I have no intention of paying for the privilege of talking to those who will not do it here. I drive enough traffic to this forum and all that does is help the site. I've done more than my part. I find it amusing because nowadays whenever you mention someone from another forum or Twitter who puts something stupid/ignorant/insane out there, there's an immediate cry for its removal. If we shouldn't take shots at Lifestylers who put stuff out for attention, do you think we should be taking shots at other members, members of our own community, down on the PML?

Like I said, some thoughts.

Oh, and I had a choice early this evening: spend two hours going back and forth with folks here or go see the new monkey movie. I saw the Apes. Some of the behavior did remind me of what I see online to be fair. But the film was pretty darn good, just had a nothing ending so to set the next one up in three years.

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not to digress from discussing the CNN report, but a bit of action went down somewhat quietly today that I think @WDW1974 might like to hear.

An individual (who will remain unnamed due to his deleting his FB and presumed request of privacy at this point), who was an annual passholder to the Universal Orlando parks, a reportedly "huge" fan and major Halloween Horror Nights fanatic, was banned from the resort (apparently permanently).

The details of the case are what makes it so interesting.

Yesterday, it would appear there was some sort of "incident" that prompted the attention of Universal team members. While the exact details are unclear due to a majority of the discussion (which was conducted on FB) was deleted, there appeared to be some rambunctious, over-the-top behavior (alcohol almost certainly involved and possibly linked to World Cup viewing at Finnegan's). A heated altercation took place between a team member (whose name I will also withhold) and this fan; it apparently intensified to the point where the team member threatened to kick the individual out (this is corroborated by various witnesses to the events). At this point, the guy cut his losses and left the park.

However, at some point later that day, the individual identified the team member on Facebook and publicly declared that he hoped she "dies and goes to hell." Now, horrifying by any account especially if the individual in question was being out of line for a family theme park setting, but as it turns out this wasn't any ordinary TM, but rather someone rather high up in the Universal Art & Design team. The post was tracked, and as of today, the individual learned of his ban when he failed to be able to use his annual pass to enter the park.

In the hours since (before his FB was deleted) he posted several statuses implying a threat of suicide, including quotes like "Universal and HHN were my life and now that they're gone I am as well." He has since allegedly decided to depart Orlando and (wisely) spend some time with his family. I want to clarify this is a fully grown, adult male.

There are several reasons I bring this case up. It reveals a rather ugly underbelly of Universal passholders who apparently treat the parks like a mall, not unlike a problem the Disneyland Resort has been dealing with the past several years - but unlike Disneyland Park, which does not serve liquor (though DCA does in limited capacities), the Uni parks serve fairly freely. These folks (some of whom I have encountered in person at various HHN events) literally base their lives around hanging out at these parks, and in many cases, drinking heavily at them. I don't mean to generalize, but I've personally witnessed many do it, and they all feed into each others' behavior acting like it isn't a big deal or unhealthy in any way. These parks *are* their lives.

Now, finally, there have been repercussions to this behavior. Some of the individual's friends have fairly called him out on the severity and ugliness of his actions - others have attempted to defend him almost to the point of lunacy. Everyone else seems to feel sympathy for the guy being banned rather than acknowledge how messed up his behavior was (and of course how he's reacting to it now!)

I will never understand anyone who moves to Orlando specifically to be around the theme parks (excluding those who are working there in high-level, salaried positions). I have a contempt for those who treat it as a personal bar and create a frankly unpleasant, creepy atmosphere for families and others just trying to enjoy the park, and the sense of entitlement that encroaches out of that. If you're an AP holder, live in the area, and visit often, great - but your actions have consequences and we need to all remember that we're in a family vacation destination, not some random cheap corner bar. It also doesn't matter how much money you've given Universal over the years... it does not give you a free pass to treat TMs of ANY sort (or any guest for that matter) so viciously and rudely.

I applaud Universal for doing the right thing and making sure this guy was banned; he and his ilk have no place in the Universal parks.

People continually joke at my comments on mental health and the Disney fan community, but there is so much true illness out there. Obviously, UNI has it in spades as well.

I see it in people who have spent the last month at UNI, literally every day. This isn't living. It is life avoidance. It is addiction. And, yes, you better believe it creates a sense of ownership by the APers.

Thanks for putting this up. Look for a PM from me either tonight or tomorrow.

TalkingHead

I have already said the news has to do with Disney and its business model going forward. This isn't an announcement of what will be in Star Wars Land or the next upcharge event. It's big picture stuff.

If it's not news about the new Parent Trap restrooms in DHS (you know, the ones with a mirror on the backdoor of every toilet stall?), then *pssh* who cares? ;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just for the record......I am in no way supporting Disney or any other corporation on this issue. ( infact I didn't think that many of us were.....). I think I have to agree with Dave on this. After disclosing the problem the next step would be what hiring practices take place?. Is it lacking? Is there more they can do? I think what people is questioning is....."where is the smoking gun?" The difference is you know stuff.....you know lots of stuff. You may even know of a smoking gun. You are saying we are being pro-corporation when we are not armed with the same information you are. I think you saying we are " defending da man" isn't exactly fair.

I would agree and I would hope (and expect) to see/hear/read more about that, but we'll have to see how transparent and cooperative Disney (and UNI and SW) will be. ... Disney's typical MO on a story like this is to everything possible to kill it and not cooperate in any way with the reporters/producers/editors. That was, indeed, what was tried with this story to no success (and on that lousy piece the NYT ran on Disney's gambling businesses)!

Ignohippo

You didn't miss it.
It'll get here eventually.

And as I said last night:

Totally true and no insider owes anyone anything however teasing new info and than not wanting to discuss it is obviously going to do nothing but get a bunch of people in a complete lather. I really don't understand the point.

I absolutely worship wdw74 , but I'm not sure what he expects would be the outcome of teasing new info and then saying he won't discuss it because he doesn't like that a bunch of people who spend their days and nights thinking about a cartoon mouse and bunch of stagnant amusement parks are acting like, well, children, is just silly.

Wah. You don't want to play like I want to play, then I'm going to take my ball and go home. I'll show you. Wahhhhh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom