The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

John

So long as we're still guessing what 74's new is, I'll take my stab.

I believe another significant round of layoffs is going to hit: Disney's looking for more fat to trim, so the bad news that folks whose work is redundant or whose roles are overstaffed finally comes.

Seven dwarves is a couple two many in the new, streamlined, Disney (one of them is clearly overqualified, and another is a serious morale problem). Two little pigs can surely do the work of three (the third one had unrealistic demands for work materials anyway). Several unmamed princes can be consoldated into one with no one noticing. The biggest savings, though, will be the vast reduction in the head count for spotted puppies (advantage there is reduced cost for apparel, as a new source of materials is unexpectedly found)

What about the report that Disney was going to hire a thousand new CM's? Not trying to troll but if I am not mistaking this was posted here not long ago.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-...s-the-walt-disney-world-parks-and-resorts.htm

lazyboy97o

They are labeled as a sex offender. Sex offenders have to stay so many feet away from children. Disney is a place where children go to. Disney can easily protect themselves stating we are a family based resort and company. Children walk around our resort and may get into places they aren't suppose to be so therefore we can not hire a sex offender. Simple.
They're not hiring convicted sex offenders and not many who have yet to be caught openly describe themselves to be a sex offender, or even consider it to be an offense. No many people will answer yes to a question asking if they wish to engage in sexual relations with children.

wogwog

Quinnmac000

They're not hiring convicted sex offenders and not many who have yet to be caught openly describe themselves to be a sex offender, or even consider it to be an offense. No many people will answer yes to a question asking if they wish to engage in sexual relations with children.

I was replying someone who suggested Disney has to hire people with criminal records to be prevented from being sued.

Jennifer66

I wonder what the percentage of sex offenders is in the general population? I think the theme parks are doing a pretty good job with that low of a percentage. Background checks are enough. Or they could just ask the NSA.

Nemo14

And I think it bears pointing out that the vast majority of child molesters are either family members or close family friends of the victims. It's insane how high those statistics are. So if the point is to protect children and not to grab headlines, I'd say this news program was way of the mark. And when I think of it from that angle, I get pretty darned angry.

I'll add "trusted adults" to that list, be it coaches, priests, teachers, or whatever.

Big C 73

They completely took away the detail and charm. It looks so plain now, it could be a building anywhere.

My pinnacles of focus are usually inducted by the consent of a positive gesture, or rather merely a comment of foresight, but this is a subject in which I must converge a collaborative detail of dismissive insight. The redevelopment of New Orleans Square is not just a dismissal of intricate aesthetic, but rather a dissolution of the unity amongst all corresponding elements within the area.

Previously in the indigenous form of New Orleans Square each building conducted a conscience and subconscious unity, the prosperous realm in which the individual was in tranquil incentives. The ornate details and authenticity of replication of the area accompanied by the kinetic illumination of life reprised an aura of splendid serenity upon the principle conscience. Upon the rather submissive contributors, the subconscious would uptake a notice of the conducted space, and how such is utilized in a most proficient and intelligent manner. The recessed space, such as that of the Court of Angels established the factor of enthralled depth within the constructed environ and that which is merely surpassing the focus of the frame. Such propels a forced first perspective with omniscient additives, and relativity and realism is formulated. In greater depth,the principle of a space possessing a defined purpose and function, as any planned environment should induct in formal detail. The pure essence of discovery and individualism, but unionized with the foresight if living detail and others within whom collectively instill thesame insensitive. The placement of each building is at the consent of the originator, and the preceding details are that of a comprehensive strategic detail, and any such element inducted upon a latter date should correspond with such disciplines, be it the originated disciplines of the endowed, or rather that the principles of nature.

The recent developments to pursue a greater and surpassing objective were merely a vain endeavor as the consent of the disciplines were not pursued. The integral harmonious composure of the elements were dismissed, at remiss. The portrayal is at the latter repugnant restrictives of artistic sovereignty and virtue. May the conscience of the endowed be at the inclination of a higher intellectual consumption....

Goofyernmost

The absolute last place that I would be even a little concerned even if 80% were predators, would be a family theme park. I can't speak for anyone else, but, I never went to a theme park and left my children unsupervised. They were always with me. The age might be a factor, but, even if one got to the point of allowing their "older" children to roam about freely. How would a predator that lives and works in Florida know enough about a kid from Wisconsin to know for certain that their parents weren't within easy distance. And please don't mention Magic Bands because my tinfoil hat is in the cleaners and I won't be able to comprehend anything you are saying. Nothing makes less sense then that.

By the time that they reached an age of responsibility, they would already been informed, by me, about what to do if someone suspicious were to make advances. Instead of thinking that this is a terrible thing that they were arrested, I look at it as a positive that someone is looking out for our safety. Their targets, however, were not in the parks, so what's the big deal. Just something to prove a point that doesn't exist. Where would we all be without the knee-jerkers.

The Mom

Premium Member
I think most of us can agree that the news report was pretty much what we suspected it would be. Only news because, this time (these stings are happening all over the state) it was in a county whose major employers are the theme parks. I didn't see any evidence that indicated that the Walt Disney Company encouraged or condoned this behavior.

So, unless someone has proof that this is peculiar to WDW, or that WDW is somehow complicit in this, I think the subject should be dropped. Thank you.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Probably easier to do than you would think. I messed up 15 or so job applications by answering yes to questions about whether or not I routinely had fantasies about killing my boss.
My pinnacles of focus are usually inducted by the consent of a positive gesture, or rather merely a comment of foresight, but this is a subject in which I must converge a collaborative detail of dismissive insight. The redevelopment of New Orleans Square is not just a dismissal of intricate aesthetic, but rather a dissolution of the unity amongst all corresponding elements within the area.

Previously in the indigenous form of New Orleans Square each building conducted a conscience and subconscious unity, the prosperous realm in which the individual was in tranquil incentives. The ornate details and authenticity of replication of the area accompanied by the kinetic illumination of life reprised an aura of splendid serenity upon the principle conscience. Upon the rather submissive contributors, the subconscious would uptake a notice of the conducted space, and how such is utilized in a most proficient and intelligent manner. The recessed space, such as that of the Court of Angels established the factor of enthralled depth within the constructed environ and that which is merely surpassing the focus of the frame. Such propels a forced first perspective with omniscient additives, and relativity and realism is formulated. In greater depth,the principle of a space possessing a defined purpose and function, as any planned environment should induct in formal detail. The pure essence of discovery and individualism, but unionized with the foresight if living detail and others within whom collectively instill thesame insensitive. The placement of each building is at the consent of the originator, and the preceding details are that of a comprehensive strategic detail, and any such element inducted upon a latter date should correspond with such disciplines, be it the originated disciplines of the endowed, or rather that the principles of nature.

The recent developments to pursue a greater and surpassing objective were merely a vain endeavor as the consent of the disciplines were not pursued. The integral harmonious composure of the elements were dismissed, at remiss. The portrayal is at the latter repugnant restrictives of artistic sovereignty and virtue. May the conscience of the endowed be at the inclination of a higher intellectual consumption....

Me agree.

Goofyernmost

I think most of us can agree that the news report was pretty much what we suspected it would be. Only news because, this time (these stings are happening all over the state) it was in a county whose major employers are the theme parks. I didn't see any evidence that indicated that the Walt Disney Company encouraged or condoned this behavior.

So, unless someone has proof that this is peculiar to WDW, or that WDW is somehow complicit in this, I think the subject should be dropped. Thank you.
I agree, but, (there's always a but) there needs to be a common sense look at this. With this type of report the very fact that Disney's name will be mentioned immediately causes reactions and conclusions that they are not safe in the parks. Ignorance yes, but that seems to be rampant these days. The very idea that there is anyway to determine if someone is a potential threat without any priors is enough to show how ludicrous this can get. There needs to be other viewpoints if for nothing else to point out how unrealistic it is to attempt to blame any organization of not doing whatever they can to prevent this from happening.

Like you, I wish that there was no need for such a foolish discussion, but, the morbid will always out press the reality. Hopefully, this will all fade off into nothing very soon, but, it does need to be addressed and the most paranoid amongst us need to be countered in some form or the other.

tirian

That's exactly the reason I decided not to watch it. I don't care for yellow journalism.

Edit: I checked out the conversations and clips buzzing all over the Internet. Although I disagree with how CNN emphasized the sheriff's one-liners, I do NOT think this sorry was unfounded.

Last edited:

John

Yeah.....what he said!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom