The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Snowflake82

Yeah.
I got the plans last year. Knew this wasn't going to go over well at all. Especially the takeover of the Court of Angels.

Disney: "If it ain't broke, we'll break it!"

I'll admit, I was disappointed about the shutout of regular guests from the Court of Angels, but not too broken up about it. But YIKES! What have they done to the rest of NOS??? I have no words to describe what I think of this travesty!:eek:

dhall

So long as we're still guessing what 74's new is, I'll take my stab.

I believe another significant round of layoffs is going to hit: Disney's looking for more fat to trim, so the bad news that folks whose work is redundant or whose roles are overstaffed finally comes.

Seven dwarves is a couple two many in the new, streamlined, Disney (one of them is clearly overqualified, and another is a serious morale problem). Two little pigs can surely do the work of three (the third one had unrealistic demands for work materials anyway). Several unmamed princes can be consoldated into one with no one noticing. The biggest savings, though, will be the vast reduction in the head count for spotted puppies (advantage there is reduced cost for apparel, as a new source of materials is unexpectedly found)

TeriofTerror

And I think it bears pointing out that the vast majority of child molesters are either family members or close family friends of the victims. It's insane how high those statistics are. So if the point is to protect children and not to grab headlines, I'd say this news program was way off the mark. And when I think of it from that angle, I get pretty darned angry.
Edit: Don't take my word on it. 90% of child molesters are well-known by the child. Strangers aren't the true danger. http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pages/tell_others_the_facts.html

Last edited:

seascape

There is no easy answer to this. Those with criminal records can easily be found but those without one how does any theme park exclude them from hiring without being sued? I feel sorry for all three parks. As a percentage of employees I think all three parks are about the same. Such a small percentage it's not statistics relevant. Another issue is what about jobs that don't involve customer contact. Can Disney and universal discriminate in positions that have no direct customer contact like working in a remote laundry facility? There has to be a law to protect children but also protect companies like Universal and Disney. At the same time we have to protect individual rights. It's a hard balance and I am glad I don't have to decide the balance. That's up to our elected officials and the courts.

Stevek

I tend to agree. But nothing I can do about it
Very true. It's clearly not finished but doesn't look good from what I've seen. That being said, the overly dramatic "Disney is ruining my childhood" folks are out in force. Incessant whining won't accomplish anything. Disney does what they want. Some folks need to stop visiting (and reporting) on theme parks if they can't handle it anymore. Let disney know you aren't happy, send them an email, vote with your dollars and for goodness sakes, climb off the ledge on Tarzan's Tree House. It will all be ok.

stevehousse

As far as Club 33 is concerned...the outside looks terrible! The inside pictures have to be not finished...no drapes up yet, tables aren't dressed...that photo just looks like an ok we finished construction photo...no way that is the final product...until someone says otherwise it's just speculation and overreacting to nothing

Quinnmac000

There is no easy answer to this. Those with criminal records can easily be found but those without one how does any theme park exclude them from hiring without being sued? I feel sorry for all three parks. As a percentage of employees I think all three parks are about the same. Such a small percentage it's not statistics relevant. Another issue is what about jobs that don't involve customer contact. Can Disney and universal discriminate in positions that have no direct customer contact like working in a remote laundry facility? There has to be a law to protect children but also protect companies like Universal and Disney. At the same time we have to protect individual rights. It's a hard balance and I am glad I don't have to decide the balance. That's up to our elected officials and the courts.

They are labeled as a sex offender. Sex offenders have to stay so many feet away from children. Disney is a place where children go to. Disney can easily protect themselves stating we are a family based resort and company. Children walk around our resort and may get into places they aren't suppose to be so therefore we can not hire a sex offender. Simple.

TalkingHead

That is about the shortest it has gotten during the day so far. Don't know if they finally got both sides loading yet.

It was 90 min yesterday afternoon, but the World Cup may have affected that. They were loading both sides in the afternoon last Wednesday. Not sure how often they've done it, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom