The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My pinnacles of focus are usually inducted by the consent of a positive gesture, or rather merely a comment of foresight, but this is a subject in which I must converge a collaborative detail of dismissive insight. The redevelopment of New Orleans Square is not just a dismissal of intricate aesthetic, but rather a dissolution of the unity amongst all corresponding elements within the area.

Previously in the indigenous form of New Orleans Square each building conducted a conscience and subconscious unity, the prosperous realm in which the individual was in tranquil incentives. The ornate details and authenticity of replication of the area accompanied by the kinetic illumination of life reprised an aura of splendid serenity upon the principle conscience. Upon the rather submissive contributors, the subconscious would uptake a notice of the conducted space, and how such is utilized in a most proficient and intelligent manner. The recessed space, such as that of the Court of Angels established the factor of enthralled depth within the constructed environ and that which is merely surpassing the focus of the frame. Such propels a forced first perspective with omniscient additives, and relativity and realism is formulated. In greater depth,the principle of a space possessing a defined purpose and function, as any planned environment should induct in formal detail. The pure essence of discovery and individualism, but unionized with the foresight if living detail and others within whom collectively instill thesame insensitive. The placement of each building is at the consent of the originator, and the preceding details are that of a comprehensive strategic detail, and any such element inducted upon a latter date should correspond with such disciplines, be it the originated disciplines of the endowed, or rather that the principles of nature.

The recent developments to pursue a greater and surpassing objective were merely a vain endeavor as the consent of the disciplines were not pursued. The integral harmonious composure of the elements were dismissed, at remiss. The portrayal is at the latter repugnant restrictives of artistic sovereignty and virtue. May the conscience of the endowed be at the inclination of a higher intellectual consumption....
I'll have what he's having...

Animaniac93-98

My pinnacles of focus are usually inducted by the consent of a positive gesture, or rather merely a comment of foresight, but this is a subject in which I must converge a collaborative detail of dismissive insight. The redevelopment of New Orleans Square is not just a dismissal of intricate aesthetic, but rather a dissolution of the unity amongst all corresponding elements within the area.

Previously in the indigenous form of New Orleans Square each building conducted a conscience and subconscious unity, the prosperous realm in which the individual was in tranquil incentives. The ornate details and authenticity of replication of the area accompanied by the kinetic illumination of life reprised an aura of splendid serenity upon the principle conscience. Upon the rather submissive contributors, the subconscious would uptake a notice of the conducted space, and how such is utilized in a most proficient and intelligent manner. The recessed space, such as that of the Court of Angels established the factor of enthralled depth within the constructed environ and that which is merely surpassing the focus of the frame. Such propels a forced first perspective with omniscient additives, and relativity and realism is formulated. In greater depth,the principle of a space possessing a defined purpose and function, as any planned environment should induct in formal detail. The pure essence of discovery and individualism, but unionized with the foresight if living detail and others within whom collectively instill thesame insensitive. The placement of each building is at the consent of the originator, and the preceding details are that of a comprehensive strategic detail, and any such element inducted upon a latter date should correspond with such disciplines, be it the originated disciplines of the endowed, or rather that the principles of nature.

The recent developments to pursue a greater and surpassing objective were merely a vain endeavor as the consent of the disciplines were not pursued. The integral harmonious composure of the elements were dismissed, at remiss. The portrayal is at the latter repugnant restrictives of artistic sovereignty and virtue. May the conscience of the endowed be at the inclination of a higher intellectual consumption....

In short:

NOS is less purdy now then it was be4.

Soarin' Over Pgh

So far as I know what I said is still going to happen.

Burbank probably won't even know.

Is it gonna be one of those flash mobs that were popular a few years ago? Everyone shows up with paint, new carpeting, electronic pieces and gets to work on fixing Epcot?

If so, there's two gallons of off white in my basement and I have an extra area rug...just tell me where and when. :)

There's been a leak of some press kit material for Jurassic World with a fully detailed park map that is full of things I really want Universal to use in an Islands of Adventure expansion versus the supposed Skull Island plan for the Jurassic Park expansion pad. Map comes complete with product placement and a section dedicated to the Jurassic World Magic Bands.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/the-park-brochure-for-jurassic-world-is-tremendous

WHOA.

So does anyone else have info they're willing to share?

Yeah no...we've been left hanging. :/

Before
Bshr86mCUAAKzir.jpg:large

After:
BshsC4KCYAAzD25.jpg:large

The cafeteria in my building has the exact same floor as the second picture. No kidding.

Wow. That's not even declining by degrees. That's...well...someone more clever than I is going to need to coin a brand new phrase for this one.

There's not words... I can't believe they've utterly destroyed NOS and that off center window makes my eye twitch. Unreal.

I'll have what he's having...

Me too! Make it a double.

Ranch Dressing

Umm polygraphs are not fool proof. Pathological liars can easily beat a polygraph because it measures your vitals. If you lie all the time, your vitals won't change. So most of those people probably don't have that great of integrity to begin with so I'm sure they could pass a poly.

Ha. The best liars are criminals, actors, police and politicians. Getting one of those on the stand is a dog fight.

Lee

Adventurer

I have no idea what you just said...
o_O

WDW1974

Original Poster
Interesting report on CNN. I doubt I could have done better if I positioned the story myself. :D

I already see that folks here are looking to squash the topic as it makes them feel uncomfortable or because it has substance. That's not going to fly with me. And I don't care how many passive aggressive PML fans are whining to @The Mom or @wdwmagic. When a story reaches CNN, no matter what you think of the organization, it is newsworthy. Anderson Cooper is widely respected in journalism circles and the piece that was run tonight appeared quite fair (unless, of course, you don't want to hear about WDW -- and UNI -- hiring pedophiles, some who tried to arrange meetings with children while working at WDW on WDW property using WDW computers while being paid by TWDC).

My strong advice is if you don't like the topic, then simply stay out of it. Or go whine about it on the PML or Twitter.

The story was not a one-off. CNN has been investigating the matter since last year. Despite Disney's attempts to kill it at the highest levels, thanks JZ for not backing down, it ran. Tomorrow, a local congressman will be interviewed related to pending legislation meant to address the problem of pedophiles working their way into Florida's tourism industry, specifically theme parks in Orlando.

How anyone could or would advance the idea that this isn't topical on the No. 1 WDW-centric site is beyond absurd. I get Disney doesn't want people talking about it. I get that many simple-minded people don't want to believe a thing the media reports, or want to downplay things. But that's not how functional, thinking adults behave.

Did you notice the statement that Tom Schroder of UNI gave to CNN? It was short, precise and to the point. Zero tolerance. ''We deal with it immediately and permanently.''

Contrast that with WDW's response, when they were unable to kill the story. WDW came off defensive and offered up a rambling distraction about how small a percentage of CMs were actually charged with crimes against children.

I don't know about you all, but if it's your child that's a victim, do you really care what percentage of Disney's workforce that he, or she, represents?

Disney was looking at minimization here. The goal is to keep all our kids safe and not to trivialize the ones who are victimized, which is precisely what Disney's statement does.

The figures are bogus anyway. Disney doesn't employ 300,000 people at WDW. They employ a different number depending on season that is generally around 65,000. But I don't want to have a discussion about numbers. One victim is one too many.

The idea that no children were victimized by WDW CMs while on WDW property is the most insane bit of PR spin by Disney fans that I have ever heard. Some of the individuals shown were people who regularly had access to children and an implied level of added trust. A concierge? A security guard? A pastor? C'mon, use common sense.

If it's a school employee, a district doesn't say ''we employ 16,000 people so a few bad eggs are OK''. The church doesn't say it's OK to molest choir boys if only 11% of priests are doing it.

I find it remarkable that the Pope has taken more of a forward-thinking stance than what I am reading by some people here.

I look forward to seeing CNN's continued coverage and who ever else decides to tackle this delicate and ugly issue.

But if you don't think it's newsworthy, then call and complain to CNN. I'm sure they want to hear from you. But let's not try and kill REAL news and stifle debate because it is easier to turn brains off and discuss the lovely pavement treatments being installed at DD.

cw1982

I have no idea what you just said...
o_O

The last part that you quoted is what makes it, IMO:

"The recent developments to pursue a greater and surpassing objective were merely a vain endeavor as the consent of the disciplines were not pursued. The integral harmonious composure of the elements were dismissed, at remiss. The portrayal is at the latter repugnant restrictives of artistic sovereignty and virtue. May the conscience of the endowed be at the inclination of a higher intellectual consumption...."

In other words, the "improvements" were an epic fail that completely destroyed the original ambiance of the place and lacked any artistic quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom