The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

The individual referenced above by PhotoDave19 is very gung-ho about cracking down on these types of crimes and seeing that WDW is one of the largest employers in the area, from time to time, some of the people caught up in it and arrested are WDW employees. News sources never fail to mention it either, if you work for WDW or a school system or a church...it will be in the headline.

I'm just saying I don't see much of a crackdown on methamphetamine distribution but I see plenty of headlines about sex things…

71jason

I'm just saying I don't see much of a crackdown on methamphetamine distribution but I see plenty of headlines about sex things…

If only Grady had a source in his immediate family about meth trade in Polk County ...

But for those out of state (or just on the east side of town), Grady Judd is the long-time sheriff of Polk County, the still somewhat rural county between Tampa and Orlando. Quite a few CMs technically live in Polk--as do I--as development spreads out in a circle from WDW. Judd cultivates, for lack of a better term, a "redneck" persona that helps him win elections among the old-time Florida Crackers who resent all the Yankees moving down here. Made news a few years ago when, after being asked why his deputies shot a suspect like 40 times, he replied, "that's all the bullets they had." He also LOVES those online stings where an adult pretends to be a 13-year-old online, and the creepers who hit on said "teen" get arrested.

In other words, he's a showboater.

ProfSavage

If only Grady had a source in his immediate family about meth trade in Polk County ...

But for those out of state (or just on the east side of town), Grady Judd is the long-time sheriff of Polk County, the still somewhat rural county between Tampa and Orlando. Quite a few CMs technically live in Polk--as do I--as development spreads out in a circle from WDW. Judd cultivates, for lack of a better term, a "redneck" persona that helps him win elections among the old-time Florida Crackers who resent all the Yankees moving down here. Made news a few years ago when, after being asked why his deputies shot a suspect like 40 times, he replied, "that's all the bullets they had." He also LOVES those online stings where an adult pretends to be a 13-year-old online, and the creepers who hit on said "teen" get arrested.

Do they still call it "Imperial Polk County?" They did when I was still living in Volusia 10 years ago...

PhotoDave219

I remember that story. They were hunting a cop killer. And it turns out it was members of the Lake County sheriffs office that were in a picket line with automatic weapons. Members of their swat team. The guy raised his weapon and all 10 of them emptied the magazines. It was in excess of 100 shots fired. Over 65 hit him.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angilo_Freeland

bhg469

OK I'm obviously missing the DL New Orleans Square fiasco since I pay more attention to WDW. Must look this up so I know what everyone is talking about.
Looks like they had some illegals from home depot renovate Orleans square... then they ran out of materials and we're like "we ran out of paint and railings, and wood and we didnt use any tape measures, amigo.. see you later"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom