The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

IMO it isn't, but many folks have pointed out to me that my opinion is a little off-key, and skewed too much by "what was". I'll visit DHS any day over Epcot. I know DHS hurting, and I'm not saying it doesn't need a TON of work, but I enjoy DHS more than Epcot personally.
Like I said though, I'm a card carrying member of the psychotic EPCOT Center fanboi union, local '82 chapter.

Nothing wrong with that but as a whole, DHS is in the most need of serious help. Yes, Epcot isnt "what it was" but it still is the #2 theme park in Orlando. #3 in North America.

DHS is ..... Well... anyone know last rites?

Cesar R M

Just a quick note, but I will not be placing my WDW news online today as planned.

CNN will be showing an AC 360 investigation tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern time of theme park workers who are child predators and are being hired with little or no background checks. One can surmise that this will be heavily focused on Orlando/Disney workers. And since they have been working this story for months (much like their VA Hospital expose) one can expect that this will have some legs.

To be clear, my news was not about said topic (despite me saying that this is a huge problem at Disney many times over here and on other forums and being met by derisive and ignorant retorts). But I think this is going to be a topic that folks will have on their minds and my info can wait at least until we see what CNN is reporting. And, yes, I did know this was coming, just not aware it was airing tonight until first thing this morning.

No, this doesn't mean I won't put my info out. Just that it can wait a bit ... and since today is actually a work day for me, back to work I go (BTW, I never had coffee this bad when Frannie was making it!)
auch.. so we do expect very saucy days in therms of drama and exposure.. D:

PhotoDave219

Just a quick note, but I will not be placing my WDW news online today as planned.

CNN will be showing an AC 360 investigation tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern time of theme park workers who are child predators and are being hired with little or no background checks. One can surmise that this will be heavily focused on Orlando/Disney workers. And since they have been working this story for months (much like their VA Hospital expose) one can expect that this will have some legs.

Holy [Poop!]

doctornick

IMO it isn't, but many folks have pointed out to me that my opinion is a little off-key, and skewed too much by "what was". I'll visit DHS any day over Epcot. I know DHS hurting, and I'm not saying it doesn't need a TON of work, but I enjoy DHS more than Epcot personally.
Like I said though, I'm a card carrying member of the psychotic EPCOT Center fanboi union, local '82 chapter.

See, I just couldn't disagree me. I think Future World alone is at least as good as DHS, let alone tossing in World Showcase. DHS is a couple of excellent rides and decent shows with a whole bunch of crap in between.

I agree with @PhotoDave219 regarding the criticism of fanboys towards Epcot. Try to look at FW objectively instead of comparing it to an idealized memory of the mid-1980's. SSE and LWTL are still immersive experiences inspiring awe and hope. Soarin' and Test Track are quality rides. M:S may not be tolerated by many, but it is an ambitious undertaking and allows anyone to channel that inner astronaut. Energy still has the fantastic impact of the moving theater and cool dinosaurs. Nemo may not be for everyone and is arguably out of place, but it is a decent enough dark ride (if only DHS actually had one like it would definitely enhance that park). And if you want to visit the giant aquarium and sea life, it is still there. Innoventions has interesting exhibits -- I rather like the Think one -- and Sum of All Thrills is a little known gem (you want to inspire kids to learn about math and science? Have them design their own cool roller coaster).

OK, Imagination sucks. I can't argue about that.

But people talk like there's no reason to even venture over to Future World. That's bunk and it's ridiculous. It's sucks that WoL is shut down. And I can understand the complaining about some long lost treasures. But the idea that Future World doesn't have any cool stuff to experience or that Epcot as a whole is a park with less to offer than DHS strikes me as totally silly. YMMV.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

To be clear, my news was not about said topic (despite me saying that this is a huge problem at Disney many times over here and on other forums and being met by derisive and ignorant retorts). But I think this is going to be a topic that folks will have on their minds and my info can wait at least until we see what CNN is reporting. And, yes, I did know this was coming, just not aware it was airing tonight until first thing this morning.

No, this doesn't mean I won't put my info out. Just that it can wait a bit ... and since today is actually a work day for me, back to work I go (BTW, I never had coffee this bad when Frannie was making it!)

Uh I cant find anything about this anywhere online....

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
See, I just couldn't disagree me. I think Future World alone is at least as good as DHS, let alone tossing in World Showcase. DHS is a couple of excellent rides and decent wit a whole bunch of crap in between.

I agree with @PhotoDave219 regarding the criticism of fanboys towards Epcot. Try to look at FW objectively instead of comparing it to the idealized memory of the mid-1980's. SSE and LWTL are still quality immersive experiences inspiring awe and hope. Soarin' and Test Track are quality rides. M:S may not be tolerated by many, but it is an ambitious undertaking and allows anyone to channel that inner astronaut. Energy still has the fanstic moving theater ad col dinosaurs. Nemo may not be for everyone and is arguably out of place, but it is a decent enough dark ride -- if only DHS actually had one like it it would enhance that park. And if you want to visit the giant acquarium and sea life, it is still there. Innoventions has interesting exhibits -- I rather like the Think one -- and Sum of All Thrills is a little known gem (you want to inspire kids to learn about math and science? Have them design their own cool roller coaster).

OK, Imagination sucks. I can't argue about that.

But people talk like there's no reason to even venture over to Future World. That's bunk and it's ridiculous. It's sucks that WoL is shut down. And I can understand the complaining about some long lost treasures. But the idea that Future World doesn't have cool stuff to experience or that Epcot as a whole is a park with less to offer than DHS strikes me as totally silly. YMMV.

Sure, but if we're talking personal opinions, trying to be objective I'd still put it like this:
SSE -- agreed that it's still great, but its been better (Bah, falling into my "back in the day" mode, trying to pull out of it!)
LWTL -- same (my favorite attraction in Epcot)
Energy -- 100% skippable. Embarrassingly out of date, and the 3-5 minutes among the great Dino AAs are not enough to draw me in for 45 minutes of ride time unless I need to sit down in air conditioning, and if I'm going to do that, I might as well go somewhere I can drink a beer whilst doing it.
M:S -- I've ridden it exactly once. The motion sick family members cannot ride it, and it didn't do enough to leave them behind and draw me as a solo rider. I'm going to try to give this one another shot next trip to be able to objectively rate it.
Test Track -- Enjoyable for what it is. I think I have more fun designing the car than on most of the ride, but it's a good ride.
Soarin' -- I'm a small minority here, but I think it's one of the more boring rides in all the parks. I walked on it with 0 minutes wait last November and was still bored and felt I wasted my time. If they give it a new film, I'll give it another try. Especially now that I've seen what can be done with semi-similar technology over at IoA with Spider-man, I just don't enjoy it.
Imagination -- You hit the nail on the head, sucks
Innoventions -- I'll admit to being fairly ignorant of what exists in there these days, as nothing has drawn me in there in years. Last time I was in there, it was Segway tours, a connected Home demo, some out of date Playstation games, and Sum of all Thrills (which I'll admit, I didn't even know existed until joining the forums).
Nemo -- Trying to take out all of my complaints of what used to exist there (and even moreso, how poorly it fits in Future World as a whole), and you have a very short and poorly done dark ride and an aquarium that is typically outdone by hundreds of local aquariums. It made sense to have a minimalistic and sparse view outside of a "Seabase", but without that tie in, it just looks like a poorly stocked and maintained aquarium now. D'oh, wasn't able to do it without referring to the past.

Out of that, I have 2 must do attractions, that typically have a 0 minute wait and probably total maybe 30 minutes of ride-time, and one more attraction (TT) that I'll ride. That means, in all of Future World (for me again), I have a grand total of maybe 1 hour's worth of things to do to entertain me. Then, depending on how much I feel I can afford to spend, there is World Showcase, which is mostly great, but hasn't really changed since it's inception.

DHS, while thematically a mess and agreed that it is in need of major work, still has at least ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Muppets, GMR, and TSMM, plus a few time-eating enjoyable shows, etc.

But again, I have an Epcot problem, and I realize and accept this. The above is just trying to justify the feelings of a fanboy without falling (too much) into the "what once was" trap. Don't get me started on that one. No one needs that...

PhotoDave219

Peculiar, the blurb you linked states no offenses were found at the parks, but then the investigators go on to tell you its bad anyway. (paraphrasing on my part) Then it goes to link to the AC360 blog for more, but there's nothing on the blog page?

Yeah, Ive noticed that. A bunch of links to the "Ac360 Blog" in regards to this story are dead.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

More rehashing than a Sky + channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom