The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Thessair

Sure, but if we're talking personal opinions, trying to be objective I'd still put it like this:

LWTL -- same (my favorite attraction in Epcot)

Funny enough, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about LWTL. I have a hard time not playing the 'what was' game, myself. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much. It's not perfect, but it's what there is.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Funny enough, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about LWTL. I have a hard time not playing the 'what was' game, myself. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much. It's not perfect, but it's what there is.
If only they'd bring back the theme song, I'd be in total nirvana on that ride. I'll admit that I'm sure my love for a ride is 80% nostalgia, 18% fit of theme, 2% the ride itself, if I'm being honest. It's just been so good for so long, I don't think I can completely be objective about it and pretend I'm riding it for the first time.

lebeau

Had some great performances, fun action, ton of mythology jokes and it's a better Superman movie then anything WB has tried doing in the last 30 years.

facepalmsuperman.jpg

Even Superman agrees.

Last edited:

Thessair

If only they'd bring back the theme song, I'd be in total nirvana on that ride. I'll admit that I'm sure my love for a ride is 80% nostalgia, 18% fit of theme, 2% the ride itself, if I'm being honest. It's just been so good for so long, I don't think I can completely be objective about it and pretend I'm riding it for the first time.

I may be nostalgia blind, which I can freely admit most of the time, but I would totally squeal like a piggy if they brought the song back.

dupac

Someone I'm friends with in fbook actually posted a link to a news story about several CMs and TMs who were arrested for child ography. It wasn't for a website I was familiar with so I tried searching Google and came up with nothing. I just assume it was one of those hoax news sites.

Cesar R M

Yeah, Ive noticed that. A bunch of links to the "Ac360 Blog" in regards to this story are dead.
Agree, plus it says " in our parks" , I dont see where it explicitly tells " in just disney parks"

I really hope its not another inflated story with the excuse of " THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!".

I mean, after the Asian plane fiasco (and how they milked it while they ignored other news) was a very strong hit against CNN's credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhg469

Agree, plus it says " in our parks" , I dont see where it explicitly tells " in just disney parks"

I really hope its not another bulls** inflated story with the excuse of " THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!".
The news never inflates numbers to fit their agenda.

Not that I don't think this is a problem but I guarantee it is going to just make people overly scared.

Cesar R M

Someone I'm friends with in fbook actually posted a link to a news story about several CMs and TMs who were arrested for child ography. It wasn't for a website I was familiar with so I tried searching Google and came up with nothing. I just assume it was one of those hoax news sites.
Well, there are now websites dedicated to easily create fake news links. So they can post them on facebook and prank their friends (once posted in facebook, they look like legit links to legit websites.. only the URL of course be fake).

John

I love you 74...but WOW!.......you have da magic on the "Spirit watch 2014" Lee told us on July 9th that it was possible you would be there that night to drop some knowledge....if not that night the next day. So here we are five days later and even those who read but never comment are waiting for this news. I guess its true what they say...."Always leave them wanting more" You sure do know how to play the game.

Fantasmicguy

Sure, but if we're talking personal opinions, trying to be objective I'd still put it like this:
SSE -- agreed that it's still great, but its been better (Bah, falling into my "back in the day" mode, trying to pull out of it!)
LWTL -- same (my favorite attraction in Epcot)
Energy -- 100% skippable. Embarrassingly out of date, and the 3-5 minutes among the great Dino AAs are not enough to draw me in for 45 minutes of ride time unless I need to sit down in air conditioning, and if I'm going to do that, I might as well go somewhere I can drink a beer whilst doing it.
M:S -- I've ridden it exactly once. The motion sick family members cannot ride it, and it didn't do enough to leave them behind and draw me as a solo rider. I'm going to try to give this one another shot next trip to be able to objectively rate it.
Test Track -- Enjoyable for what it is. I think I have more fun designing the car than on most of the ride, but it's a good ride.
Soarin' -- I'm a small minority here, but I think it's one of the more boring rides in all the parks. I walked on it with 0 minutes wait last November and was still bored and felt I wasted my time. If they give it a new film, I'll give it another try. Especially now that I've seen what can be done with semi-similar technology over at IoA with Spider-man, I just don't enjoy it.
Imagination -- You hit the nail on the head, sucks
Innoventions -- I'll admit to being fairly ignorant of what exists in there these days, as nothing has drawn me in there in years. Last time I was in there, it was Segway tours, a connected Home demo, some out of date Playstation games, and Sum of all Thrills (which I'll admit, I didn't even know existed until joining the forums).
Nemo -- Trying to take out all of my complaints of what used to exist there (and even moreso, how poorly it fits in Future World as a whole), and you have a very short and poorly done dark ride and an aquarium that is typically outdone by hundreds of local aquariums. It made sense to have a minimalistic and sparse view outside of a "Seabase", but without that tie in, it just looks like a poorly stocked and maintained aquarium now. D'oh, wasn't able to do it without referring to the past.

Out of that, I have 2 must do attractions, that typically have a 0 minute wait and probably total maybe 30 minutes of ride-time, and one more attraction (TT) that I'll ride. That means, in all of Future World (for me again), I have a grand total of maybe 1 hour's worth of things to do to entertain me. Then, depending on how much I feel I can afford to spend, there is World Showcase, which is mostly great, but hasn't really changed since it's inception.

DHS, while thematically a mess and agreed that it is in need of major work, still has at least ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Muppets, GMR, and TSMM, plus a few time-eating enjoyable shows, etc.

But again, I have an Epcot problem, and I realize and accept this. The above is just trying to justify the feelings of a fanboy without falling (too much) into the "what once was" trap. Don't get me started on that one. No one needs that...
Have you guys tried green team yet?

WDF

The individual referenced above by PhotoDave19 is very gung-ho about cracking down on these types of crimes and seeing that WDW is one of the largest employers in the area, from time to time, some of the people caught up in it and arrested are WDW employees. News sources never fail to mention it either, if you work for WDW or a school system or a church...it will be in the headline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom