The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Magenta Panther

Not since they screwed over my friend that used to work for them. Having her training and assistance and then firing her? Just a crap move.

Coincidently, they've essentially falling off the map in the way of promotions and visibility in the scene down here. I'm talking about it Disney, Seth does a really good job with his universal coverage. But Disney wise? Theyre a shell of what they used to be.

Anyways.... As for the numbers and data analysis that they do? It's spot on. It always has been. Studios is in dire need of help and it's a problem at this point. And their data goes to prove that....

Maybe you've already done this on another thread...but what would you do to fix up the Studios?

Magenta Panther

Agreed. I understand the yearning for the Epcot of old, but I think people are often way too dismissive of the quality that still is present in the park. There's a lot of good stuff and, no, not just drinking yourself silly.

I love World Showcase. The beautiful architecture, some of the attractions, the gift shops and restaurants...love it. It always seems quite crowded too, so it can't be hurting for attendance. Now as for the rest of Epcot...well, I hardly ever venture over there, so I can't really comment on it much...

michmousefan

The 1960s original was a true classic and a great film ... but everything that has come since (from the 70s sequels to the Burton reboot to the Franco film of three years ago) has been largely mediocre to unwatchable. ... I think a close friend may want to go see it with me, though.
I thought the Burton remake was terrible, the Franco film of a couple years ago not bad, and the new one is quite good. Story takes a few unexpected turns; it's just a much more thoughtful script than I was expecting. And the CGI has jumped up another notch as well. With that and Snowpiercer, it was a good week for sci-fi themes at the movies for me.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Ok, I'm gonna take a whack at this.

The mural in the queue is amazing. I could not imagine Norway pavilion without it, not to mention it has one of my favorite hidden mickeys. Why do people want EPCOT to turn into Magic Kingdom so badly? Just stop already.

I don't think people want Epcot to turn into MK, but they want something MORE. They want Epcot to either live up to its potential, or change into a new skin. But it greatly needs more rides, more attractions, more street shows, and no one is doing anything about it...

I want a Frozen ride in WDW. Badly. I don't want it in Epcot. Now if the port of Arrendale was to be added to MK or DHS? All for it. In fact, an Arrendale, Star Wars and beefed up Pixar Place may be what the doctor ordered for DHS.

HOWEVER. WS also needs rides. Badly. And a new country. With a ride. Add Rat to France, a boat ride in Germany or Italy and maybe something more thrilling for Japan (Nintendo, looking at you).

As I said. The park simply needs more to do than shop, eat, and drink yourself into a Disney stupor. There's no reason (*besides, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) that each pavilion doesn't have its own signature ride or attraction. And there's enough unused, empty plots for more pavilions. There's no reason (besides $$$$$) why the park isn't fleshed out further.

I didn't say that they did not need help. I said it is not the park in the most in need of help.

With the amount of revenue it brings in during food and wine, flower garden, as well as holidays around the world… How couple do just fine for the moment.

We are in a triage situation. And by far, the studios are on life-support. Otherwise we wouldn't be bushing our fourth-quarter numbers with a temporary frozen thing.

But for as long as I've been on these forms, the Epcot fanboys have been screaming that their needs the most help. And frankly I'm tired of it.

Epcot needs help but I agree with you Dave, DHS is positively pitiful. I'm surprised it pulls the numbers it does, and likely that's because of the gimmicks it holds- the new Frozen scheme, and Star Wars Weekends. Otherwise, I don't see how this park stands on one leg let alone two.

They have. They've know its almost in crisis for a long time.

But like Epcot, until numbers drop off why should they do anything?

And that's it, right there.

Until the numbers start to drop off, like benches in the MK, or water features at the Polynesian, TDO will sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing because, why should they? The parks still pull numbers, so why 'fix' what isn't broken?

Problem is, it IS broken, but people continue to flock there, so the bottom line isn't affected. Vote with your wallets and change TDO's minds. Stop going to these parks. Don't give them that 'first click'. Make the numbers drop!

K, getting off my soapbox now. :joyfull:

Mike S

Ok, I'm gonna take a whack at this.

I don't think people want Epcot to turn into MK, but they want something MORE. They want Epcot to either live up to its potential, or change into a new skin. But it greatly needs more rides, more attractions, more street shows, and no one is doing anything about it...

As I said. The park simply needs more to do than shop, eat, and drink yourself into a Disney stupor. There's no reason (*besides, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) that each pavilion doesn't have its own signature ride or attraction. And there's enough unused, empty plots for more pavilions. There's no reason (besides $$$$$) why the park isn't fleshed out further.

Epcot needs help but I agree with you Dave, DHS is positively pitiful. I'm surprised it pulls the numbers it does, and likely that's because of the gimmicks it holds- the new Frozen scheme, and Star Wars Weekends. Otherwise, I don't see how this park stands on one leg let alone two.

And that's it, right there.

Until the numbers start to drop off, like benches in the MK, or water features at the Polynesian, TDO will sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing because, why should they? The parks still pull numbers, so why 'fix' what isn't broken?

Problem is, it IS broken, but people continue to flock there, so the bottom line isn't affected. Vote with your wallets and change TDO's minds. Stop going to these parks. Don't give them that 'first click'. Make the numbers drop!

K, getting off my soapbox now. :joyfull:
I love going to the parks too much to just stop going, but I don't spend much when I'm there. Just food.

WDF

When I was in college, they re-released Grease for its 20th anniversary. A bunch of us went opening night. Talk about not being prepared going in! Not only were the songs sung along to. Most of the crowd was talking the dialogue in perfect sync as well!

It was actually pretty cool to experience, but totally unexpected. Had no idea the impact that film had.

I haven't seen Frozen, but I work with kids and nothing has compared to the impact of this film with young girls in all the years I've been around.

I also saw that re-release...in Hollywood...and people not only sang and recited along, but many were in complete costumes!

It was cool except for someone who thought it was funny to use a laser pointer to constantly draw circles onscreen around John Travolta's nether regions.

SirLink

Ehhh, not really because the entire movie takes place in Greece and identifies itself as Greek Mythology. They aren't a part of roman culture as much. If they had a movie about Roman gods, then yes it could easily be argued they could be a part of world showcase.

Yet to nitpick but Disney butchered the entire epic of Hercules in that nonsense of a script. The only roman thing is the name, but the plot was an Americanisation hatchet job.

doctornick

They have. They've know its almost in crisis for a long time.

But like Epcot, until numbers drop off why should they do anything?

OK. I guess my follow up question is: if the numbers do precipitously fall off, how quickly could such a plan be implemented? Or would they twiddle their thumbs for 5 years before actually building anything?

Cesar R M

I guess you could argue Hercules in Italy for the same reasons -- yes, it's more appropriate in a theoretically Greece pavilion, but "Hercules" is the Latin version of the hero's name (Heracles in the Greek name).
ahem, the whole hercules is for GREECE not ITALY.
But agree.. seems hercules is more well known and thus used instead of Heracles.
Besides.. most of the gods of both nations were the same just with different names.

Jupiter - Zeus for example.

ABQ

OK. I guess my follow up question is: if the numbers do precipitously fall off, how quickly could such a plan be implemented? Or would they twiddle their thumbs for 5 years before actually building anything?
Considering how far the TDO folks seem to think in the past and are so slow to implement, I'm sure they have tat Boy Meets World and TGIF attraction extravaganza ready to go ASAP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom