The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

bhg469

In my scheme the attraction would close at 7 PM. So Norway would function more as an original WS pavilion did way back when. Emphasis on culture, dining and ticketed events for those that want a more comprehensive immersive experience. So then, something for all demos.
Besides the ride, Norway has the gift shop, the church, the bakery and the restaurant..

The restaurant has already been princessified, The gift shop is said to be 70% frozen if this happens... The church is already frozen inspired.. If the attraction closes at 7 the only reason to go to norway, if you're a fully functioning adult, is for a pastry... Which is probably "frozen" and reheated... How many items in there are going to be generic blue and white cupcakes after the change?

World showcase should be open until at least 10 every pavilion, every night.. It is a fantastic place to wander at night and IMO is when it is at its most beautiful.. Probably one of the prettiest places WDW has to offer.

jt04

Because why revive classic Epcot's sense of dignity when you can make everything a cartoon tie-in instead? Screw original content!

That being said, I feel like Caballeros kinda works because El Rio del Tiempo and the film's third act were basically the same damn thing, plus the film in general was about exploring different cultures and places rather then having any real narrative. Even the film's purpose as a tool to keep relations between the US and Latin America friendly during WWII seems to mesh with World Showcase's overall tone of global friendship. The execution leaves something to be desired, but honestly, it and Saludos Amigos are the most World Showcase-y material in the entire Disney animation library.

I am afraid you are stuck in 1982. If people want to experience Mexico or Canada the flight or drive are rather easy. And profoundly easier to tour Europe and especially China than in the 80's. Join us in the 21st century soon. You might like it.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I am afraid you are stuck in 1982. If people want to experience Mexican or Canada the flight or drive are rather easy. And profoundly easier to tour Europe and especially China than in the 80's. Join us in the 21st century soon. You might like it.
Or, like some who can't make it to WDW within a decade, perhaps many can't afford either....

jt04

Besides the ride, Norway has the gift shop, the church, the bakery and the restaurant..

The restaurant has already been princessified, The gift shop is said to be 70% frozen if this happens... The church is already frozen inspired.. If the attraction closes at 7 the only reason to go to norway, if you're a fully functioning adult, is for a pastry... Which is probably "frozen" and reheated... How many items in there are going to be generic blue and white cupcakes after the change?

World showcase should be open until at least 10 every pavilion, every night.. It is a fantastic place to wander at night and IMO is when it is at its most beautiful.. Probably one of the prettiest places WDW has to offer.

Yes and in my scheme Norway would be open until midnight sans princesses and Frozen. Similar to when it first opened. They have the technology.

ProfSavage

Working from home has spoiled me beyond belief...
My co-worker is a Newfoundland that only demands that I let him bark at the mail man and that he goes out to tinkle twice a day during business hours.

Yeah, I get to work from home (like I am today) which makes my two days in the office a week even that much more annoying and a hassle... but I'm also looking for a new job, so...

bhg469

Yeah, I get to work from home today (like I am today) which makes my two days in the office a week even that much more annoying and a hassle... but I'm also looking for a new job, so...
Best of luck, I am hoping we get a client in the tampa area so I can leave winter behind.. Still would be working from home but would have to be on site for games.

bhg469

Wow.

Clearly I don't speak for everyone, but do I really have to get into this with you? It's an Internet forum for crying out loud... why in the world should anyone be afraid to post their opinions? The answer: probably very few are. Don't twist my words. All I meant was that obviously few here agree with you because you're still arguing the same old thoughts and have yet to have a group agree with you. The "we" in my post was simply referring to myself and the others who were posting in opposition to your ideas that you keep repeating.

Yes, there are others here who like the idea of the overlay. They're certainly entitled to their opinion. But that's not the only piece of your ideas that many have openly disagreed with. You and I have hashed that out in another thread, so I'm not going to bore everyone here by giving a play by play.

Regarding the whole groupthink remark, I can assure you I have a mind of my own and encourage everyone else to keep theirs as well. Don't get your feelings hurt because people are disagreeing with you.

I give you permission to speak for me on this subject... Because I strongly believe that you can count the proponents of this frozen debacle on one hand.

ProfSavage

Best of luck, I am hoping we get a client in the tampa area so I can leave winter behind.. Still would be working from home but would have to be on site for games.

Thanks! I may have a lead or two, we shall see... and Tampa is a great area! I have family down there still.

Quinnmac000

The only Disney movies that remotely fit the world showcase are Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Mulan was based on a ancient Chinese folklore and Hunchback was a famous classic french novel so they fit the cultural and historical aspects. Frozen does not belong (Arendelle isn't even a real place) , Ratatouille does not belong, blah blah blah. And i don't even like those being part of the world showcase cuz its dumb. What next, Doramemon meet and greets in Japan?

doctornick

The only Disney movies that remotely fit the world showcase are Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Mulan was based on a ancient Chinese folklore and Hunchback was a famous classic french novel so they fit the cultural and historical aspects. Frozen does not belong (Arendelle isn't even a real place) , Ratatouille does not belong, blah blah blah. And i don't even like those being part of the world showcase cuz its dumb. What next, Doramemon meet and greets in Japan?

I guess you could argue Hercules in Italy for the same reasons -- yes, it's more appropriate in a theoretically Greece pavilion, but "Hercules" is the Latin version of the hero's name (Heracles in the Greek name).

Quinnmac000

I guess you could argue Hercules in Italy for the same reasons -- yes, it's more appropriate in a theoretically Greece pavilion, but "Hercules" is the Latin version of the hero's name (Heracles in the Greek name).

Ehhh, not really because the entire movie takes place in Greece and identifies itself as Greek Mythology. They aren't a part of roman culture as much. If they had a movie about Roman gods, then yes it could easily be argued they could be a part of world showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom