The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Fanboys are just insufferable. Universal. Disney. All of them.

Someone over universal was recently quoted as saying that the universal fanboys are the worst of the bunch. I disagree. Epcot fanbois are by five the worst because they're always saying that their park is in dire need of help and that it is the worst off.

Sheer numbers of both attendance and revenue prove otherwise.

bhg469

Someone over universal was recently quoted as saying that the universal fanboys are the worst of the bunch. I disagree. Epcot fanbois are by five the worst because they're always saying that their park is in dire need of help and that it is the worst off.

True.. The 3 lesser parks are all stale but I would spend the money to be in epcot vs any of the other three just because there is more to do there as an adult than anywhere else.

the.dreamfinder

Buying retro Epcot merch will not bring back EPCOT or save TWDC from its cultural rot.

doctornick

Agreed. I understand the yearning for the Epcot of old, but I think people are often way too dismissive of the quality that still is present in the park. There's a lot of good stuff and, no, not just drinking yourself silly.

PhotoDave219

Buying retro Epcot merch will not bring back EPCOT or save TWDC from its cultural rot.

I didn't say that they did not need help. I said it is not the park in the most in need of help.

With the amount of revenue it brings in during food and wine, flower garden, as well as holidays around the world… How couple do just fine for the moment.

We are in a triage situation. And by far, the studios are on life-support. Otherwise we wouldn't be bushing our fourth-quarter numbers with a temporary frozen thing.

But for as long as I've been on these forms, the Epcot fanboys have been screaming that their needs the most help. And frankly I'm tired of it.

FigmentJedi

The only Disney movies that remotely fit the world showcase are Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Mulan was based on a ancient Chinese folklore and Hunchback was a famous classic french novel so they fit the cultural and historical aspects. Frozen does not belong (Arendelle isn't even a real place) , Ratatouille does not belong, blah blah blah. And i don't even like those being part of the world showcase cuz its dumb. What next, Doramemon meet and greets in Japan?
Actually, I wouldn't mind a Doraemon meet and greet in Japan. Showcase a country's own cartoon characters instead of Disney just cramming in their own. Let me meet Asterix in France or Wallace and Gromit in the UK instead of Disney's usual suspects.

Quinnmac000

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Doraemon meet and greet in Japan. Showcase a country's own cartoon characters instead of Disney just cramming in their own. Bring me Asterix in France or Wallace and Gromit in the UK.

Disney owns Doraemon now if you didn't know and is Americanizing it on their channel. Not too happy about that but whatevs.

twebber55

I didn't say that they did not need help. I said it is not the park in the most in need of help.

With the amount of revenue it brings in during food and wine, flower garden, as well as holidays around the world… How couple do just fine for the moment.

We are in a triage situation. And by far, the studios are on life-support. Otherwise we wouldn't be bushing our fourth-quarter numbers with a temporary frozen thing.

But for as long as I've been on these forms, the Epcot fanboys have been screaming that their needs the most help. And frankly I'm tired of it.
do you follow touring plans on twitter? they do a good job with their crowd calendar....and they ve been consistent about DHS this summer...it has been a horrible summer for DHS

doctornick

do you follow touring plans on twitter? they do a good job with their crowd calendar....and they ve been consistent about DHS this summer...it has been a horrible summer for DHS

DHS is a mess. I really don't understand how Burbank or TDO haven't come up with a comprehensive 5 or 10 year plan for the park -- it needs a "Project Sparkle" makeover in the worse way and has needed it for years. I hope the attendance truly has fallen off if it will actually get the folks in power to act.

the.dreamfinder

Disney owns Doraemon now if you didn't know and is Americanizing it on their channel. Not too happy about that but whatevs.
They only acquired the rights to air it in America. They don't own it.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/iconic-japanese-cartoon-doraemon-acquired-by-disney-1201176265/
HONG KONG – Walt Disney is to begin broadcasting Japanese cartoon “Doraemon,” the first time in the iconic series’ history that it will play in English in the U.S.

Some 26 English-dubbed episodes will play, five times a week, on the Disney XD satellite channel starting from an unspecified date in the summer. Target age group is elementary school children.

The series is owned by TV Asahi, Fujiko F. Fujio Production and TV Asahi subsidiary Shinei Animation. The deal was struck with TV Asahi, which handles the U.S. rights.

The show, featuring a cat-like robot sent by a boy from the future to the present day to helps his grandfather solve his daily problems, was initially launched in 1969 as a manga comic. The first TV series was launched in 1973 and has played in 35 territories, particularly in East Asia, where it has a huge following.

Unlike previous episodes, which have shown in North America in Japanese or as pirated version, the new series is being produced with the U.S. market in mind. It is expected to adhere to U.S. broadcast requirements on violence, discrimination and depiction of sexual content.

The manga series has also inspired a series of 36 nearly annual feature movies. The next one “Stand By Me” has been announced as the first to be made in 3D — and also the last in the series. It will release in Japanese theaters on Aug. 8.

twebber55

DHS is a mess. I really don't understand how Burbank or TDO haven't come up with a comprehensive 5 or 10 year plan for the park -- it needs a "Project Sparkle" makeover in the worse way and has needed it for years. I hope the attendance truly has fallen off if it will actually get the folks in power to act.
when we were there in june the back of the park was empty...DHS has so much potential yet they don't seem to care

PhotoDave219

Not since they screwed over my friend that used to work for them. Having her training and assistance and then firing her? Just a crap move.

Coincidently, they've essentially falling off the map in the way of promotions and visibility in the scene down here. I'm talking about it Disney, Seth does a really good job with his universal coverage. But Disney wise? Theyre a shell of what they used to be.

Anyways.... As for the numbers and data analysis that they do? It's spot on. It always has been. Studios is in dire need of help and it's a problem at this point. And their data goes to prove that....

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Project Sparkle?

41m9mopN5gL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg

Mike S

The Studios definitely needs the most help BY FAR, doesn't mean they should ignore Epcot's problems though. With Epcot they could definitely take it one step at a time. The Studios needs a major DCA style overhaul though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom