The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lazyboy97o

So, to workaround a problem completely of Disney's making which should never have existed, the best advice is for guests to buy a $150+ device? I don't question the soundness of your advice, but that's ludicrous. Many guests - not just international visitors - don't have smartphones. They are a useful tool for a variety of purposes, but buying an expensive device solely to manage your WDW vacation is absurd.

All this to try and manage a hopelessly over-complicated system, providing needless benefits and features that nobody asked for.
I'm actually kind of surprised we have not seen anyone start renting iPod touches for vacation use.

fillerup

I would like to point out that whenever you dispute something, either with Disney, Marriott, a credit card Company, etc. the burden is on you YOU to prove the dispute. Neither Disney nor the credit card company have to prove you made the charge, but rather you have to prove you didn't. Whether or not they actually make you jump through those hoops is another matter entirely.

No, you've got it exactly backwards. Federal and state consumer protection laws are heavily weighted in favor of the consumer.

If you have a billing dispute, you are required to dispute it in writing with the CC company. The charge is then placed in abeyance - neither fully credited to your account nor charged back to the merchant. The CC company is then required to investigate, which in almost all circumstances includes contacting the merchant for documentation of the charge.

If the CC company ultimately rules against you they are required to provide you written notice with the supporting documentation of what led them to the decision against you.

But a question - how does someone go about proving a negative - prove they didn't do something? How do I prove that when I stayed at the Marriott that I didn't go into the Marriott gift shop and purchase the Marriott plush bathrobe for $70? Just curious.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Just for fun lets compare Avatar to Potter on Google Trends:

trends3.jpg

Attachments

• trends2.jpg
    trends2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

CTXRover

EpcoTim

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Yep.

The kids wouldn't wear their MBs for more than 5 minutes at a time. So I looped them all together and shoved them all in my pocket. So much more convenient than carrying around a plastic card... :rolleyes:
Dont give them ideas! Next... they will invent a MAGICBAND, but for the leg or the neck.
So, the full Disney brand "bondage" set will be completed.
Exactly. I wouldn't say this is proof of anything. But it is interesting.

No, I'm not saying SW is unpopular. But you see SW fans acting like the SW franchise is a "sure thing" or acting like it is infinitely more popular than any other franchise out there. It's big. It's just not as big as certain fans think.
how to train your dragon 2 seemed a "sure" hit by many.. now look what happened!!!.
I still wonder how they could fail so much.. from insanely spoilerific trailers to the cramped movie.

CTXRover

When and if Avatar opens it will have lines similar to Potter. Its not the IP, its something new in the parks. Locals eat it up first because we can wait all day for a four minute ride.

If Avatar 2, which is being released just a few months prior to the expected opening of the new land, is as big a hit as the first Avatar, I could forsee the opening of the land to be a huge draw. One could argue that Disney is doing the exact opposite of what is being criticized with Frozen, and that is acting on something before it becomes a sensation (again). Of course, if the movie fails to connect with audiences the way the first one did, then the whole decision to proceed with such a venture could overshadow whatever the land has to offer.

Ranch Dressing

Anyone validate the rumor that last night near Gringrotts close they were having screen problems but were letting people on the ride anyway just to get them out the door? My source is working today and can't confirm.

doctornick

Agreed. I do hope eventually we see a new dark ride there.

Also agreed on animation courtyard. Although I would love for them to have a land for movies like Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, Frozen, which all conceivable could make for great areas/attractions (They've already proven Tangled can make a nice area with the dang restrooms). I'd much more rather a Wreck-it Ralph attraction than Tangled if one had to be cut though.

I'm not opposed to any particular IP going into DHS or Animation Courtyard in particular, but I think that DHS would be good for animated films that don't fit well into the medieval European vibe of Fantasyland. Wreck It Ralph is a great example of that. Big Hero 6, if it is successful and can be used in the parks, is another.

bhg469

I'm thinking 500 million worldwide opening weekend with a great chance to topple Avatar for top overall gross. The movie is on everyone's mind and I don't think the Disney hype machine has even kicked on yet.
There has been very little promotion for the movie itself and the buzz is wild already. If it doesn't match avatar or beat it I will be shocked.

gmajew

My kids two boys age 10 and 6 love star wars. They watch every cartoon out they get and save for every new lego set that comes out etc. I introduced them to the movies yes but I also introduced them to others that they liked but did not fall in love with. Star Wars just speaks to young boys... And it is just not my kids their friends are all the same way. Star Wars is a great great draw for children today but you have to also say so is Harry Potter but for an older age group really. My kids friends 13+ love the books and the movies... Mine love the movies but do not want to play with the lego sets etc.

Bottom line they are both great draws and both companies are lucky to have such great IP to work with. We dont need to hate one to like the other.

Californian Elitist

When and if Avatar opens it will have lines similar to Potter. Its not the IP, its something new in the parks. Locals eat it up first because we can wait all day for a four minute ride.

I wouldn't say that. When Cars Land opened at DCA, the lines didn't compare to the lines seen for Potter, no way in hell, and people in the Disney community had been looking forward to Cars Land for five years. Potter is insanely popular and the fans come out when the time calls for it, which is what's happening with Universal. It's not just because it's a new attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The web app does work on all phones even though it is not quite as good as the iPhone version and yes international guests could be at a disadvantage. I have and will continue to recommend all international guests purchase a used (US version) iPod touch to use WiFi at the parks and in the resorts if they stay on-site.
Seriously? Why should anyone have to do anything to get the most out of the service?

Not to mention first timers I know don't even know what a Fastpass is or why they need one for something called a Splash Mountain.

Ranch Dressing

There has been very little promotion for the movie itself and the buzz is wild already. If it doesn't match avatar or beat it I will be shocked.

I totally agree.

Make me personally wonder what people are thinking when they make claims Star Wars is not a popular IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom