The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

truecoat

Well, I'll probably go see it. It might be fun to see the old gang together again. But that would be the only reason to see it as far as I'm concerned. I'm so done with Star Wars. I've seen the original trilogy, suffered through the horrendousness of the following 3 films (couldn't pay me to watch them again), read some of the novels, and watched a few episodes of the Cartoon Network shows. Frankly, I think the bloom is off the rose for that franchise. But we'll see what happens.

Filming on the new one is going full force.

Stevek

Considering how awful the kiosks were overall, I would recommend this. But the wifi was also terrible when I was there in Jan. like really bad.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya....
I think over time, wifi issues have improved. We had zero problems making changes in both parks on the fly during our March trip.

lebeau

I was a little surprised, but Google Trends, at least, suggests it's not the juggernaut I assumed it was.

star_wars.png

I LOVE this.

I have been saying for years that Star Wars fans vastly over-rate the popularity of Star Wars among the general public. Is the franchise tapped out? No. But it's not remotely as big a deal as the die hards make it out to be.

Cesar R M

The problem with this is that they don't have an app that is compatible with every phone. So many people won't have the ability to take advantage of it. Not to mention international guest who don't like to turn on their phones while out of the country.

It is no doubt easier to get fast passes but you still have to run around for the 4th fp.

The new system isn't perfect. But at least they are trying to iron out the kinks;)
100% agree with you.
Not everyone as international data plans and Roaming costs and arm and leg.
Thanks god Disney improved the WIFI service!

You can say that again!

Mine came off and I didn't even notice. I had a sleeping child in my arms. She must have nudged it just the wrong way. Fortunately, I noticed it had fallen off soon after because our next stop was dinner where they tried to scan my band.

Once I retrieved my missing band from guest services, I tested it to see how easily it comes loose. It feels secure with those two fasteners locked in place. But brush it the wrong way and they pop right out.

We found lost MBs all over the place. On buses, at the pool. When I picked mine up at guest relations, they told me that MBs are turned in all the time. I would say it's a relatively rare occurrence. Most MBs will stay securely fastened. But enough will come loose that it should be a concern. I'm keeping mine in my pocket from now on. Much safer.
Which ironically.. works as good as a swiping card! lol

Stevek

I LOVE this.

I have been saying for years that Star Wars fans vastly over-rate the popularity of Star Wars among the general public. Is the franchise tapped out? No. But it's not remotely as big a deal as the die hards make it out to be.
The same can be said about most die hards. SW is a pretty mature franchise and the name recognition is probably very high, close to but not quite as high as Disney i'd guess. I considered myself a die hard for years...I still buy all the books and comics but I'm not into it the way I was 15-20 years ago. In any case, folks will still flock to the theaters when Ep VII comes out and it will likely still sell a ton of merch. Disney will do everything they can to make it a very big deal over the next 5 movies and the Rebels TV show.

CDavid

I have and will continue to recommend all international guests purchase a used (US version) iPod touch to use WiFi at the parks and in the resorts if they stay on-site. The $150-$200 investment can be short term as it can always be resold as soon as they return home if so inclined

iPOD Touch, they are small and cheap... Not a solution to the problem, more of a workaround to avoid having to deal with kiosks the entire vacation.

So, to workaround a problem completely of Disney's making which should never have existed, the best advice is for guests to buy a $150+ device? I don't question the soundness of your advice, but that's ludicrous. Many guests - not just international visitors - don't have smartphones. They are a useful tool for a variety of purposes, but buying an expensive device solely to manage your WDW vacation is absurd.

All this to try and manage a hopelessly over-complicated system, providing needless benefits and features that nobody asked for.

ABQ

I LOVE this.

I don't know, it looks neck and neck with HP. Have you been touting how unpopular that franchise is? Outside of spikes at the times movies were released, they're pretty much trending the same. I would expect similar new spikes on the SW graph when it releases as well.
swhp.jpeg

Ooops sorry for posting the same time as @Bairstow

lebeau

I'm not sure how relevant these graphs are, but the results are interesting to me.

sw2.png

Exactly. I wouldn't say this is proof of anything. But it is interesting.

I don't know, it looks neck and neck with HP. Have you been touting how unpopular that franchise is? Outside of spikes at the times movies were released, they're pretty much trending the same. I would expect similar new spikes on the SW graph when it releases as well.
View attachment 58583

No, I'm not saying SW is unpopular. But you see SW fans acting like the SW franchise is a "sure thing" or acting like it is infinitely more popular than any other franchise out there. It's big. It's just not as big as certain fans think.

ABQ

No, I'm not saying SW is unpopular. But you see SW fans acting like the SW franchise is a "sure thing" or acting like it is infinitely more popular than any other franchise out there. It's big. It's just not as big as certain fans think.
You're probably correct in that it's not infinitely more popular than any other franchise and probably not as big as some crazed SWW type fans make it to be, however, it is probably as popular as any other franchise out there. As popular as whatever one may consider the largest franchises there are?

twebber55

View attachment 58583
i agree
look at the spikes im sure they match up with movie releases

lebeau

You're probably correct in that it's not infinitely more popular than any other franchise and probably not as big as some crazed SWW type fans make it to be, however, it is probably as popular as any other franchise out there. As popular as whatever one may consider the largest franchises there are?

I would not argue otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom