The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Wait a second here..

Your solution is to buy an iPad for the week then sell it?

Sounds like a reasonable plan for making up for the shortcomings of the fp- system that no one asked for...

iPOD Touch, they are small and cheap... Not a solution to the problem, more of a workaround to avoid having to deal with kiosks the entire vacation.

truecoat

T
There have been a total of 4 times I disputed charges. All 4 times were while the charges were pending. I look daily. I spoke with the Fraud Department and because the charges were still pending and not posted to my account I didn't have to sign anything. The other 3 were all charged via the internet so there was no issue with them taking the charges off. The Fraud Deptment rep also told me that if more people were like me and checked their accounts daily it would prevent lots of fraud and save everyone money. It is up to all of us to take steps to prevent fraud.

As for working out charges with Disney. They send an email every day with all my charges on it. I look at them and see if they were correct. As I previously posted I questioned one of them and they quickly got all the information and provided it to me. My wife charged something she forgot about. If their had been fraud or a mistake I am sure Disney would have resolved it correctly. Disney and every other company I have ever done business with fixes their errors. I am sure Universal and their hotels are the same way. I have a very positive view about the travel industry and how they treat customers and again I have complete trust in both companies.

Things will change Oct 2015. CC will be issued with a chip in them and swiping will soon become a thing of the past. What's interesting is that after this date there is a liability shift. If you have a chip CC and the merchant has you swipe it, the liability will fall on the merchant not the CC company.

More than half the CC fraud in the world happens in the US mainly because other countries have switched already. These new cards will allow the use of a pin instead of signing which is more secure.

Mouse Trap

I doubt anyone within Dis is saying that since Star Wars is no were near tapped-out. It is going to be a massive revenue generator for Disney for years to come starting next year with the release of EP VII.

I'm now sitting here trying to think of any indications Star Wars is tapped out or for that matter even slowing in popularity.

Still thinking....

PrincessNelly_NJ

The MDE app isn't available for Windows (had the Windows Phone but now have the Samsung Galaxy S5). The upgrade to the app was nice enough, better than the last version. It at least pops up to sign in, although I think they'd have a way to let you stay logged-in. Kind of annoying (a minor gripe) to always have to log in.
The new app is leaps and bounds better for android phones. I have the Moto X and the app keeps me signed in so idk why yours won't stay signed in.:confused:
It sucks that windows and older android phones are reduced to using the mobile website.

BrianLo

I think it is so they can't be accused of price gouging. The DC hotels have incredible prices listed on the door, but I suspect that they can get some people to pay them for Inauguration.

That's the Rack Rate. Something no one in their right mind should ever be paying outside of maybe a walk up booking on New Years or a Major event. It's also the full priced published cost, so like you said they can't gouge you. Standard rooms in Niagara Falls carry Rack rates in the 1000's, but you usually aren't paying much more than 100$ there.

Starwood for example allows you to redeem points for a 50% off Rack Rate coupon you can redeem at any of their hotels. Seems great in theory, until you realize it virtually never saves money (usually would still cost quite a bit more) on nearly all of their hotels worldwide.

Except oddly this just caused me to look at the Rack for the Swan and Dolphin as an example. They run about 430-460... 50% might actually save you a couple of bucks at the Swan and Dolphin on some dates... huh, go figure.

Kman101

The new app is leaps and bounds better for android phones. I have the Moto X and the app keeps me signed in so idk why yours won't stay signed in.:confused:
It sucks that windows and older android phones are reduced to using the mobile website.

Hmm. Yeah, I don't know why it doesn't keep me signed in. Maybe because I clear the open apps and clean the junk files almost every time.

Magenta Panther

I doubt anyone within Dis is saying that since Star Wars is no were near tapped-out. It is going to be a massive revenue generator for Disney for years to come starting next year with the release of EP VII.

I was sorta kinda kidding. I'm sure the Star Wars merch still sells. Or so I'm given to understand.

Anyway, EP VII better be good. The memories of Phantom Menace still linger in the hearts and minds of men...

Mouse Trap

I was sorta kinda kidding. I'm sure the Star Wars merch still sells. Or so I'm given to understand.

Anyway, EP VII better be good. The memories of Phantom Menace still linger in the hearts and minds of men...

Oddly I have faith Episode VII will be satisfying. It's shaping up to be a coming together of many different creative minds and typically the end result is a great movie. It's looking like the same creative process which fashioned together the original trilogy so well. Rather than a one man Lucas band that created episodes 1-3.

Plus Disney has handled a good portion of the Marvel movies well, so I have reason to believe SW will follow suit.

Magenta Panther

Oddly I have faith Episode VII will be satisfying. It's shaping up to be a coming together of many different creative minds and typically the end result is a great movie. It's looking like the same creative process which fashioned together the original trilogy so well. Rather than a one man Lucas band that created episodes 1-3.

Plus Disney has handled a good portion of the Marvel movies well, so I have reason to believe SW will follow suit.

Well, I'll probably go see it. It might be fun to see the old gang together again. But that would be the only reason to see it as far as I'm concerned. I'm so done with Star Wars. I've seen the original trilogy, suffered through the horrendousness of the following 3 films (couldn't pay me to watch them again), read some of the novels, and watched a few episodes of the Cartoon Network shows. Frankly, I think the bloom is off the rose for that franchise. But we'll see what happens.

Cesar R M

And then the Yoda AA will break, and then TDO will use strobe lights and tell everyone it's a light saber battle.

You forgot the themed bathrooms again.

Of course, that is the whole point of the Twitverse and the Disney (and UNI) fan communities.

They want attention, often negative ... The angst really gets insane.

But I have an interactive wand that needs attention.
Woah, so are you at Uni right now?

lebeau

The MDE app isn't available for Windows (had the Windows Phone but now have the Samsung Galaxy S5). The upgrade to the app was nice enough, better than the last version. It at least pops up to sign in, although I think they'd have a way to let you stay logged-in. Kind of annoying (a minor gripe) to always have to log in.

lol

I switched from Windows to the Galaxy S5 too. I liked my Windows phone, but no one makes apps for it.

Bairstow

I'm now sitting here trying to think of any indications Star Wars is tapped out or for that matter even slowing in popularity.

Still thinking....

I was a little surprised, but Google Trends, at least, suggests it's not the juggernaut I assumed it was.

star_wars.png

Stevek

And even despite The Phantom Menace, SW merch still sold a ton. There will always be a new generation, and a few of us older folks, enjoying the journey to a Galaxy Far Far Away.

But yes, Abrams better not screw this up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom