The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

NearTheEars

I remember someone in the spirited threads.. mentioned sarcastically that Disney as only the need/want to make things as cheap as spinners currently.
And its sad to see that this confirms it (I really hope I'm proven wrong).

I seem to have missed the original rumor pits about a spinner. I only saw one joking about one. Is that it?

doctornick

SWSA sucked.

Yeah, I don't mind losing SWSA, but I would love to have seen a dark ride replaced it (either same location or elsewhere). The FLE was a lot of room and they couldn't have shoehorned a quaint dark ride somewhere?

I'd also love to see some old school dark rides added to DHS. The Animation Courtyard area is just screaming for some rides like that. Say, for example, a new Mr. Toad?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Can Express Passes be used for Gringotts in this case?
Not sure.
I'd guess not since every guest in line was given a pass yet many are heading to guest services to complain.

Edit: yes they can! Also seeing reports that guest service was upgrading/adding days to tickets for free.
BsEQgLYCEAEJUpC.jpg

Last edited:

stevehousse

Even though the mouse can be quite dumbfounding sometimes, I do not see them opening up a Star Wars land with just 1 spinner and 1 show (that they already have) and a refurbed restaurant. It's just not possible they would waste time doin only that. They are smarter than that I would hope...

doctornick

Even though the mouse can be quite dumbfounding sometimes, I do not see them opening up a Star Wars land with just 1 spinner and 1 show (that they already have) and a refurbed restaurant. It's just not possible they would waste time doin only that. They are smarter than that I would hope...

Agreed. Maybe that might be Phase 1 to get some capacity opened quickly, but even in that case I mean a situation where Phase 2 would already be under construction (i.e. like the FLE staged opening).

As skeptical as I am about Disney, the aren't going to open a Star Wars land without at least something they can nominally hype as an "E-ticket" or anchor to the land. It makes sense to me that the speeder bike coaster is a real option given that they are already using that basic ride in Shanghai with a Tron theme, though I could see it morph into a pad racing concept if they want to be thematically consistent with a Tantooine based land.

NearTheEars

On a side note: I see ABC Family is running a "Potterhead Weekend" promotion this week, showing all the films. I'm surprised that Disney OKs this. Hyping up an IP on for another park in one of its biggest weekends.

Maybe the boost in ratings is worth it?

But I guess this is about the 1000th time they've done some form of a Potter weekend.

PrincessNelly_NJ

On a side note: I see ABC Family is running a "Potterhead Weekend" promotion this week, showing all the films. I'm surprised that Disney OKs this. Hyping up an IP on for another park in one of its biggest weekends.

Maybe the boost in ratings is worth it?

But I guess this is about the 1000th time they've done some form of a Potter weekend.
Maybe it is their way of saying, "Hey, no hard feelings." Or "Hey, can't we all just be friends?"

spacemt354

Chili's
I never get why some of you are so concerned with everyone else's opinions.

Because if others have the same opinions as you, that 'validates' your opinion, since you're basically just preaching to the choir at that point. In addition, since a majority of people on this thread have the same opinion and it seems like the same things have been said ad nauseam for the last week, throwing in a more critical opinion gives people the opportunity to further validate their own opinion by mocking and/or dismantling the outlying opinion.

I've liked these threads so I try to keep up with it, but there's really no need to. I could sum up the last 30+ thread pages, and predict the next 30+ pages just like this.

Diagon Alley: Great rides. Stunning atmosphere. Game-changer. Anyone says otherwise...post a picture of a dragon breathing fire on top of Gringotts to "prove" them wrong

Disney World: MM+ a disaster. No Potter-swatter. Management doesn't "get" us. Anyone says otherwise? Mental Illness

Tigger1988

Because if others have the same opinions as you, that 'validates' your opinion, since you're basically just preaching to the choir at that point. In addition, since a majority of people on this thread have the same opinion and it seems like the same things have been said ad nauseam for the last week, throwing in a more critical opinion gives people the opportunity to further validate their own opinion by mocking and/or dismantling the outlying opinion.

I've liked these threads so I try to keep up with it, but there's really no need to. I could sum up the last 30+ thread pages, and predict the next 30+ pages just like this.

Diagon Alley: Great rides. Stunning atmosphere. Game-changer. Anyone says otherwise...post a picture of a dragon breathing fire on top of Gringotts to "prove" them wrong

Disney World: MM+ a disaster. No Potter-swatter. Management doesn't "get" us. Anyone says otherwise? Mental Illness
Nailed it!

doctornick

Or puppet... Just sayin'. ;)

Given the nature of the show, I think video of Yoda (a la Turtle Time with Crush) would be more flexible and interactive. An AA Yoda would certainly be cool to see, but would likely be limited to introductions or the like and not really "teach" the Padawans. If they did a video Yoda, it could be integrated as either him being a Force Ghost or it being a hologram of him communicating from Coruscant or Dagobah (depending on the time frame used as a setting).

Nubs70

So what would you suggest to improve the WDW customer experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom