The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

cw1982

Sorry. I do feel the system with magic bands safer. I never used to charge to my room in any hotel anywhere in the world. You can say I'm wrong and it's the same but I don't feel that way and many others feel the same way I do.

But that's my whole point... you keep saying you "feel" the bands are safer, but you have yet to provide any explanation beyond "this is what I think." All I was asking for was an explanation, and you don't want to provide one. "Because I said so" doesn't hold up as a viable argument.

lazyboy97o

Sorry. I do feel the system with magic bands safer. I never used to charge to my room in any hotel anywhere in the world. You can say I'm wrong and it's the same but I don't feel that way and many others feel the same way I do.
That is the point you have repeatedly been called out on and repeatedly refused to back up. Why and how does the MagicBand create an image of greater security? How do you know this image has been effective in increasing the utilization of room charging privileges?

seascape

How do you feel it is "safer?" Just curious.

Earlier you said that "attendance" would be the determining factor of success or failure of NextGen. I see you changed your mind.
I didn't change my mind I only said I could come up with a reason it could still go up but for other reasons. I'll give it to you now. People want to vacation for a week. They look at the costs of tickets at Universal, Disney and other parks. They decide to stay at Disney all 8 days 7 nights and just do Disney. It's cheaper than 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal and 1 or 2 somewhere else. So one could argue that attendance alone can't be prove if it's working or not. I have always said cost savings can be proven. Everything else is based on subjective criteria. I love it some hate it. So if they can show profits from magic band sales and cost savings of 15 to 20 percent of the next gen program then it's a proven financial investment with the added benefit of free wifi in the parks and hotels since those costs were dumped into the next gen budget.

Funmeister

I didn't change my mind I only said I could come up with a reason it could still go up but for other reasons. I'll give it to you now. People want to vacation for a week. They look at the costs of tickets at Universal, Disney and other parks. They decide to stay at Disney all 8 days 7 nights and just do Disney. It's cheaper than 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal and 1 or 2 somewhere else. So one could argue that attendance alone can't be prove if it's working or not. I have always said cost savings can be proven. Everything else is based on subjective criteria. I love it some hate it. So if they can show profits from magic band sales and cost savings of 15 to 20 percent of the next gen program then it's a proven financial investment with the added benefit of free wifi in the parks and hotels since those costs were dumped into the next gen budget.

First, yes you did change your mind. Go back and look at the last three or four words of your post declaring attendance as the determining factor.

Ahhhh ok...so THAT is how bands are safer....or did you miss that first question?

doctornick

I highly doubt it's just going to be a spinner. TDO is stupid but NOT that stupid

I also highly doubt they'll keep the IJ stunt show in the middle of a Star Wars Land. Maybe they keep the show in some capacity (i.e. move it) but the way he described the land setup, it would make no sense.

He also brought up the simulator speeder bike concept he previously had discussed, which I think has been thoroughly debunked here as not having been on the table -- the plan was for a bike coaster instead, similar to Tron in Shanghai.

Jeffxz

It is a fact that Disney saves money every time I charge using my magic band rather than using my credit card.

What about guests that never setup a pin code or forget the pin code that would have used the KttW cards on the old system? By your logic that means Disney is losing money on those guests. Do you know for a fact that the total percent of room charges vs credit card charges has increased?

What about guests that used to pay with cash and now use the band instead? Wouldn't Disney lose money by now having to pay at least the daily transaction fee for these guests?

Do you know for a fact that Disney pays a per transaction fee with the card processors? Disney P&R has enough volume that they should have some negotiated rates with the processors. Do you know for a fact that they don't pay based on dollar volume instead?

I'm interested to hear more about your "facts".

Ranch Dressing

Lets see, after eating a huge breakfast with my baby, who's a chef, we spent about 15 bucks at Universal on bottled water. I say this because I just dropped $ 183 at Jiko, with a bottle of wine of course. Guest spending pundits be damned.

Honestly, I think I saw more magic bands than wands at Uni.

Anyone know if I can get a kongaloosh anywhere on Disney property?

71jason

Sadly any reference to a facepalm or other disparaging comments with regards to a spinner in StarWarsLand on this thread, made today, are a result of people listening to Jim Hill.

The expansion being limited to an X-Wing Spinner, an indoor Jedi training show and the Cantina dates back to last year--I forget the source, but much like today, lifestylers want to believe and the rumor quickly died.

In other words, Jim Hill might have restarted this today, but it's been whispered for a while now.

EpcoTim

Everything ok, Seascape?

Stevek

Anywhere with a blender--the recipe should be in their book, and any decent bar has the ingredients.

Trader Sam's in Anaheim specializes in them, I imagine the Orlando one will as well once it opens next year.
I know I may become the object of scorn and ridicule here...but I didn't like the Kungaloosh (either version) at all when I tried them at Trader Sam's. <ducks to hide from deluge of verbal stones about to be thrown>

Stevek

The expansion being limited to an X-Wing Spinner, an indoor Jedi training show and the Cantina dates back to last year--I forget the source, but much like today, lifestylers want to believe and the rumor quickly died.

In other words, Jim Hill might have restarted this today, but it's been whispered for a while now.
Likely the same X-Wing spinner seen in the Dubai artwork? Ugh if true. Hopefully Disney doesn't waste this amazing IP on a spinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom