The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Bolna

Didn't @WDW1974 promise us more upcharge events? Well, now they turned the Frozen offerings at DHS into one: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

59$ to see the procession, the show, the fireworks that are available for everyone - oh and some desserts as well. To be honest, while I find it far overpriced, this is less overpriced than those other things they started offering recently... And I haven't even seen Frozen yet, so have no clue what's so special about Anna and Else...

baymenxpac

Didn't @WDW1974 promise us more upcharge events? Well, now they turned the Frozen offerings at DHS into one: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

59$ to see the procession, the show, the fireworks that are available for everyone - oh and some desserts as well. To be honest, while I find it far overpriced, this is less overpriced than those other things they started offering recently... And I haven't even seen Frozen yet, so have no clue what's so special about Anna and Else...

i said something relatively positive about them adding these frozen experiences, and i'm going to take it all back. i thought it was a nice add on to get people into DHS and give guests what they're clamoring for: a big frozen presence. but charging $59 for adults and 34 for kids? i'm sorry, that's a pretty gross money grab.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My guess would be to turn the camp grounds into more DVC since WL DVC is sold out.
It seems like it would be tricky for Disney. Would they build a "DVC only" resort, or a new resort WITH DVC as well? If occupancy rates have been slightly lower I would think there is no need for a new resort, but on the other hand DVC sells quickly, especially if its a resort close to MK. I would love to see a new deluxe resort with proper theming, but not at the expense of the parks loosing that money just so they could sell more DVC.

Mike S

It seems like it would be tricky for Disney. Would they build a "DVC only" resort, or a new resort WITH DVC as well? If occupancy rates have been slightly lower I would think there is no need for a new resort, but on the other hand DVC sells quickly, especially if its a resort close to MK. I would love to see a new deluxe resort with proper theming, but not at the expense of the parks loosing that money just so they could sell more DVC.
The Walt Disney World Hotel, with four different wings each completely themed to one of the four parks.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Whenever the newest Call of Duty game comes out there is a line at Gamestop longer than Soarin on a busy day. I drive right past it and go to Wal-Mart where there is never a line. Last November on the midnight release I waited about 2 minutes and was home playing 12:30 while a friend of mine was standing in line at Gamestop and they had drawn lottery numbers to break them into groups and it took him about 2 hours to get his copy and he even pre-ordered it! I think some people enjoy the craziness of being at the busiest spot. Why? I have no idea.

I don't get it either, I will pre-order on Amazon and have it delivered the day it comes out for my son if he wants it bad enough but I am too old to understand it I guess.

jt04

If FW goes away and is not replaced by a new and improved campground I think it means the mouse has given up on trying to attract customers who are not financially well off. Surely they do not want that kind of a public relations spotlight shining on them.

I am calling shenanigans on the rumor anyway. Fort Wilderness is a WDW original and fundamental to the aesthetics of the resort.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
From how he said it it seems like the "bombshell" is separate from the campground rumor. We won't know for sure till he replies.
He would be wise to be careful and not claim anything he cant back up. Weve all seen this happen before when a new member touts insider knowledge and then faces the scrutiny of members who are "in the know". Its usually oh so much fun though when the vetting process begins. The nasty stuff, which is usually the best, often gets deleted by the mods though (i understand why). So, Lets hear it, @Ranch Dressing !!

baymenxpac

The Walt Disney World Hotel, with four different wings each completely themed to one of the four parks.

it's funny, i actually had a parallel idea for the odyssey redo. not to get into too much armchair imagineering, but for more than a decade, i wanted them to turn the odyssey into a half futuristic, half tapestry of nations restaurant. (while i'm describing, remember i initially had this idea circa 1999) you would order on touch screens and they could find some kind of innovative, robotic way of running your food to your table, while there would be a transition area and the other side would be a sampling of some of the menu items from around world showcase, with a harmonious celebration of nations kind of vibe.

alissafalco

i said something relatively positive about them adding these frozen experiences, and i'm going to take it all back. i thought it was a nice add on to get people into DHS and give guests what they're clamoring for: a big frozen presence. but charging $59 for adults and 34 for kids? i'm sorry, that's a pretty gross money grab.
This seems like a VIP package for premiere viewing. You dont have to pay to experience the frozen stuff.

baymenxpac

This seems like a VIP package for premiere viewing. You dont have to pay to experience the frozen stuff.

upon re-reading, looks like you're right, which i guess i'm fine with. the parks blog doesn't make that super obvious, which always makes me leery (will it start as all inclusive, then move to simply a "premium" event at some point?) also, by stratifying it, it seems they run the same risk of getting overwhelmed a la the M&G at MK. i guess they won't care as much if they are getting $200 per family of four for it, though...

Last edited:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
It would make sense. Everything is getting "Premier seating/viewing" (for a fee) as of lately. TDO reeks of desperation. Thanks, NGE budget!

I wouldn't call it desperation, I call it finally waking up. Concert venues have been upcharging for premium viewing for years, some of us remember when a ticket was general admission and if you wanted a great seat you had to dedicate a night or two to make sure you were one of the first in line. Flash forward a few years, now the center section and close sides are all premium priced, some include backstage access for even more $$$. Will someone explain how this is any different than that?

This was even tried at SW-EpI at a local theater due to very long lines and the demand for the best seat on opening night, tried and true method to get a few more $$$ from customers willing to pay for premium access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom