The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

crispy

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67856

Disney has announced Enchanted 2. I don't think it is surprising considering how popular Idina Menzel has become and of course Amy Adams. I loved the first movie. Smart and funny and totally fell in love with Amy Adams and will watch anything she is in.

That's news! Enchanted is one of my all time favorites so it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

GiveMeTheMusic

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67856

Disney has announced Enchanted 2. I don't think it is surprising considering how popular Idina Menzel has become and of course Amy Adams. I loved the first movie. Smart and funny and totally fell in love with Amy Adams and will watch anything she is in.

I loved the movie until about 2/3 of the way through. Giselle's happy ending is being a shack-up honey to a personality-free divorce lawyer while running her own Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Dempsey's character was so boring, flat and charmless - why would he be her choice over the incredibly charming James Marsden? The script just teetered off into weirdness in the third act.

Which was a shame, because the rest of the movie is great, even magical at times, and Adams is divine.

NowInc

I just watched a gif of Let it Go with the hair flip and you're right. I guess I never noticed it before because it happens pretty fast in the movie and I wasn't really looking for it.

You mean the thing that was fixed?
tumblr_mxjrr9zxXO1qli0bmo2_250.gif
;)

for reference heres the original:
tumblr_mxjrr9zxXO1qli0bmo1_500.gif

Want to know the source of the "mistake?" The promotional music video they released on youtube for the song. The feature didn't have this in it :)

Not trying to come off as an "apologist" in any way, but a lot of time and effort goes into making CG movies, and a lot of the times deadlines get pushed up for marketing purposes. This also happens with regular movies too, thats why a lot of times there are scenes in the trailer that are not in the movie (or they are, but different).

RE: how to train your dragon 2 and its "new software". A little off point...it was a new VERSION of the software that was developed in the 80s :) It was re-written to meet todays hardware, but overall the system works the same as always. Similar to how Pixar has Marionette and Renderman, a lot of studios build in-house software to work with their pipeline. Each company's respective suite has something it does better than somebody elses. I do always find it amusing with every CG release, every studio has to boast about something they "never were able to do before they developed new software". For Pixar, it was hair and water physics. For Disney it was hair, clothes, and snow. For dreamworks its usually fire and particles.

Now..and sorry for babbling on about this..yet again...

There is always a huge downside to using "custom" software. Is it easy to use? sure it is......once you are trained in it. No college/university teaches these programs. Upon getting hired by a bigger studio, you have a very limited time to get familiarized with how their system works. While you are learning, you are not being productive..and thats not something they like. Its because of this that Disney/Pixar have actually started adapting their software to "plug in" directly into the API's of other, commercially available software. Namely Maya. This is widely taught by all universities and by just having it so you can work within it while harnessing the power of their development advances, you eliminate the learning curve for new hires.

In the end does ANY of it matter? Not in the least. Sure the new tools are neat..but all it does is make it all EASIER. Few of what you see today on screen was impossible 10 years ago, it just took more work.

The Empress Lilly

I'm guessing soft openings have began.
The girl who waited 22 days just posted that she was finally in and posted a picture of herself with the Hogwarts express...

Here is her twitter account:
https://twitter.com/megadis13
edit: this is only for the Hogswarts express:
http://t.co/LaKDdfiCdX
http://t.co/PzvOwqzGuW
http://t.co/D5B56MdXAL
The good thing about UNI's surge is that much of that congress of louts seems to have migrated there. WDW may still win for bronies, but the cwazy theme park lifestylers are over at UNI.

Maybe the new 3d park will win the stroller brigade, and the new hybrid water park the tour groups. We'd have WDW back!

COProgressFan

Disney campgrounds going away for a new "flagship" resort because a stuffed shirt is worried Four Seasons might outshine GF?

Something I heard, I don't know anything about this.

That would be a terrible idea. First because it would decimate one of the only remaining parcels of WDW that actually feel like the WDW of old. Natural, rustic, authentic(?). No clear cut trees for ECVs or mid level manager parking, and no in-your-face gaudiness of newer resorts. It's a much calmer vibe, by design. I also hope the DVC never comes to fruition here.

Secondly, if Disney is concerned about the GF being outshined by the Four Seasons (which it will be), then why not do something to fix it? How about return the resort to its higher standards? Why not do the things that Disney used to do that also make Four Seasons so successful? I could come up with a long list of improvements to the GF that would make the resort a better resort that could actually compete with the Four Seasons. But the reality is Disney just doesn't care. They'll continue to run things the way they always have. "Lean" operational practices, ridiculously high room rates with significant vacancies for part of the year, with big spending corporate conventions filling in the gaps.

Disney seems to think their revenue model is just fine. Or at least looks fine on paper. They don't realize, or just don't care, about all the money they regularly turn away when folks stay off property to stay in better resorts (like the Four Seasons likely will be) with better rates.

Bairstow

Hm, interesting point. I guess Disney rests on its laurels everywhere. I wonder how long it will take though for OLC to approve a "Potter Swatter". Then again one could say they've already had it since 2001 and were way ahead of the gameView attachment 58015(Look ma, no strobe light!!!)

Talking about new rides though I wouldn't be surprised if they build either just a Frozen ride in Fantasyland or a whole Arendelle expansion in TDS (it is a port after all). The movie has done crazy well in Japan and OLC isn't as afraid to spend money as TDO. Also I think some of it stems from the fact TDS cost $4 billion to build just by itself and is so well done people are a little more forgiving.

What a handsome face, there!

PrincessNelly_NJ

That would be a terrible idea. First because it would decimate one of the only remaining parcels of WDW that actually feel like the WDW of old. Natural, rustic, authentic(?). No clear cut trees for ECVs or mid level manager parking, and no in-your-face gaudiness of newer resorts. It's a much calmer vibe, by design. I also hope the DVC never comes to fruition here.

Secondly, if Disney is concerned about the GF being outshined by the Four Seasons (which it will be), then why not do something to fix it? How about return the resort to its higher standards? Why not do the things that Disney used to do that also make Four Seasons so successful? I could come up with a long list of improvements to the GF that would make the resort a better resort that could actually compete with the Four Seasons. But the reality is Disney just doesn't care. They'll continue to run things the way they always have. "Lean" operational practices, ridiculously high room rates with significant vacancies for part of the year, with big spending corporate conventions filling in the gaps.

Disney seems to think their revenue model is just fine. Or at least looks fine on paper. They don't realize, or just don't care, about all the money they regularly turn away when folks stay off property to stay in better resorts (like the Four Seasons likely will be) with better rates.
Honestly, have you seen the new "upgraded" renovated rooms at the GF... they look like the Hampton Inn!
The new "B" resort in DTD outshines the GF! I have begun to notice that the Epcot resorts are becoming more expensive than the GF & CR.
I've said it before, I'd stay at AKL before staying at the GF at this point!

71jason

BTW, while I do think anyone who waits 22 days for a soft open fits the colloquial definition of "crazy"--people who post about that on a message board with AN ACTIVE DISCUSSION OF THE NEW CARPET IN COMMUNICORE are the perfect example of those living in glass houses throwing stones.

PrincessNelly_NJ

The good thing about UNI's surge is that much of that congress of louts seems to have migrated there. WDW may still win for bronies, but the cwazy theme park lifestylers are over at UNI.

Maybe the new 3d park will win the stroller brigade, and the new hybrid water park the tour groups. We'd have WDW back!
nooooo! The stroller brigade can stay at WDW! LOL

PhotoDave219

OK. Misread your post. I thought you said that if people like Hogsmead and DA, they haven't seen anything yet. Like a Forbidden forest complete with dark ride? And maybe a 'walk through" of the Weasley's Burrow?

No I just see some of my more attention-seeking friends saying they can't stop shaking, they're crying, etc., and that's over a "Train."

(I take issue with it being called a train when it just looks like one)

My point being image how they're going to react the minute they walk into DA.

Nubs70

I have come to a realization. The addition of HP2 will benefit WDW.

After seeing the chaos that is the soft opening of HP2, I am rescheduling what was to be 2 days at UNI back to WDW seeing the price to stand in line is too great. I can stand in potentially shorter for a lesser price at WDW.

While a short term gain for WDW, it is pretty ironic that my spend at WDW will increase due to the the popularity of UNI.

Mike C

After seeing the chaos that is the soft opening of HP2, I am rescheduling what was to be 2 days at UNI back to WDW seeing the price to stand in line is too great. I can stand in potentially shorter for a lesser price at WDW.

While a short term gain for WDW, it is pretty ironic that my spend at WDW will increase due to the the popularity of UNI.

I went there yesterday, it went VERY smoothly, and the trains were cycling great, everyone was taking photos and the capacity of the trains is much better than I would have thought. There was no chaos.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't get it Big Dan.

truecoat

I agree. I have been to Tokyo Disney Resort 3 times and have already seen Monsters. Now I keep waiting for a unique new attraction before I go back. I hope they announce something soon.

I know a while back there was the rumor that Tom Sawyer Island was going to be sacrificed for Carsland but OLC balked at the price. Recently there have been balloons floating in the back of Fantasyland that possible could be another installment of the 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom