The Spirited 11th Hour ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just wondering if anyone else is watching the Disneyland 60th special trying to upsell Shanghai Disneyland in under ten sentences and have a sinking feeling in their chest over the whole thing? What if it's not as accepted as Disney is hoping for?

...is it too big to fail?

Yes and no - CCP will not ALLOW their park to fail, How much do you wanna bet TWDC is on the hook for any and all operational losses at SDL, So the current domestic situation could get much worse for us WDW fans :(

NearTheEars

I noticed the questionable also. These events must not be a lifestyle event but rather an experience/attraction event. Call me crass, but is Jenny Craig a corporate sponser?

I know that personally can't run a half marathon. I saw several others that looked far less athletic than I proudly sporting medals. I just don't understand how you are happy to have participated in an event you had no chance of finishing.

But I guess they paid for the medal. Maybe it's like pin collecting for them, but way more expensive.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know that personally can't run a half marathon. I saw several others that looked far less athletic than I proudly sporting medals. I just don't understand how you are happy to have participated in an event you had no chance of finishing.

But I guess they paid for the medal. Maybe it's like pin collecting for them, but way more expensive.

If you are in reasonably good cardiovascular shape you can power walk a half marathon at a runDisney event, Disney's pace limit is 16 minutes/mile so a good power walker can indeed take home a medal, (you have to GET to the finish line under your own power to get the medal)

Cesar R M

Id actually think these runs help those who are shy (and bad in terms of physical status) to push to exercise with fans of something they really like (disney).

Soarin' Over Pgh

That's what has been said about all of the foreign parks in the lead up to their opening. They've been accepted. Hong Kong Disneyland gets plenty of Mainland visitors.

Fair enough. Have the other foreign parks had as many construction delays/set backs and issues that we're seeing with Shanghai?

Nick Pappagiorgio

Would you want an average cast member as your CEO?

No, but is Bob Iger that many times better at his job (or perhaps the better term is more valuable to the company). I have a hard time rationalizing him being 200 times more valuable than an average CM much less 2800 times. I know free market yada, yada, yada, but that is a hard rationalization for most.

JediMasterMatt

They're selling LE SpectroMagic t-shirts on Disneystore.com. Must be their way of saying "sorry we let this parade rot beyond the repairs we felt like fixing, but this shirt looks kewl!"

I for one won't abide by anyone casually disrespecting TDO's fine tradition of providing world class upkeep and maintenance and attention to detail. This t-shirt actually includes a reproduction of SpectroMagic's care and maintenance instructions right on the label.
eNVb2jM.jpg

See everyone, it's not TDO's fault Spectro is gone. They were following the instructions all along. One might say, they were following them to the T... T-shirt that is.

asianway

I don't think it's as much of an Enron type thing as simply trying to shore up the stock price for their own financial gain.

We PAy these executives in stock and they will do what ever they have to do so they can make $45 million a year… Give or take.

I mean it's as it's always been… The first ones to starve, the first ones to die. The first ones in line for that pie in the sky. But always the last when the cream is shared out. For the worker is working when the fat cats about. ( as the song goes anyways)
It's not like TWDC has a separate entity they maintain a controlling interest in that they shuffled a couple of hundred million dollars of debt onto

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Id actually think these runs help those who are shy (and bad in terms of physical status) to push to exercise with fans of something they really like (disney).

I agree I think that runDisney has done more to promote a healthy lifestyle and exercise to those who would not have done it otherwise. I did my first 10k at a runDisney event Yes I regularly do half centuries on a bike but running does more for cardio than cycling does

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's not like TWDC has a separate entity they maintain a controlling interest in that they shuffled a couple of hundred million dollars of debt onto

Without drifting into tinfoil hat territory how do we know they have not? What about the wildly excessive costs at WDI

Remember most of the sketchy stuff at failed companies is found by forensic accountants not auditors

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No, but is Bob Iger that many times better at his job (or perhaps the better term is more valuable to the company). I have a hard time rationalizing him being 200 times more valuable than an average CM much less 2800 times. I know free market yada, yada, yada, but that is a hard rationalization for most.

Is he worth more than the CEO of Toyota who gets 900K per year TOTAL compensation. No I don't think so

It's interesting recently it seems that companies which are successful over the long haul seem to have modestly paid CEOs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom