The Spirited 11th Hour ...

rudyjr13

I admittedly haven't seen Agent Carter but I do like SHIELD and the two Netflix shows, plus the rest of the MCU of course.

Whenever I find myself fast forwarding through some of the scenes of a show, I know it's just an ok show. I don't do that with SHIELD and loved the Netflix shows for the most part. JJ had some issues as someone said earlier with pacing.

VJ

Whenever I find myself fast forwarding through some of the scenes of a show, I know it's just an ok show. I don't do that with SHIELD and loved the Netflix shows for the most part. JJ had some issues as someone said earlier with pacing.
JJ seemed drawn out too long for me but I think I mentioned that earlier. Daredevil didn't have the pacing issues that JJ did and I think that's mostly because the focus wasn't entirely on Fisk (I almost typed Fish...) as JJ was with Kilgrave. With Daredevil, it was kind of a race to the top, going from person to person who has connections to Fisk in some way up to Fisk himself. With JJ, it was more just Kilgrave which made the repeated getaways cheap out the actual conclusion in the finale to me.

the.dreamfinder

Bob Iger makes 2800 times more than the average cast member.
http://etckt.com/2015/01/17/bob-igers-pay-and-some-of-whats-wrong-with-disney-today/
bob iger’s pay and some of what’s wrong with Disney today
twdc_bob_iger_2015_01.jpg

Bob Iger, CEO and Chairman of The Walt Disney Company | © Disney

Bloomberg has an article on the recent increase to Bob Iger’s executive compensation as the CEO and Chairman of The Walt Disney Company.

His compensation rose 35 percent to $46.5 million in 2014, according to a filing today.

The average front-line cast member salary is $9.32 per hour. When you factor in the average hours worked by US standards that comes to 1788 hours per year for an annual salary of $16,664.16.

According to the US Government a family is at the poverty level when they make less than $23,850 annually for a family of four. So many of these cast members do not make a living wage, or need to work extra jobs to meet that basic minimum in a civilized society.

On the opposite side of the spectrum you have Bob Iger’s 35% pay raise bringing his compensation to $46,500,000. This works out to an hourly wage of $26,006. To put that into perspective, he makes more in one hour than most of his cast members will make in an entire year, beating the poverty level for a family of four by a decent percentage.

Show me one front-line cast member from the parks, resorts or television division (Disney’s cash cows) that got a 35% pay raise for their work in 2014 – just one. Heck, show me one mid-level manager that got a similar percentage-based raise across the entire company. You won’t find it. As all corporations go, the good pay goes to the people that don’t need it or even deserve it in most cases, while forgetting the strong backs of the hard workers they are standing on.

I understand that rich boards like to reward rich CEOs for their hard work and Disney’s stock has been performing well as of late, but to have that disparity between executives and their lowest paid employees is shameful. The damage it does to the morale of the cast members is incalculable and should be stopped across corporate America. I understand that people should be able to attain a level of success in this life, but to have a CEO making almost 2800 times that of their lowest paid employee should be a crime.

I would hope, just once, that an executive like Bob would realize that his success is the direct result of those underneath him and reward them instead. He continues to be one of the highest paid CEOs in America and has accrued over $150 million in compensation in just the past five years . With these numbers it is clear that he, and the other over-paid C-suite residents, are not struggling as so many of the cast members working for him are .

When Walt and Roy ran the company, they personally invested in its success over the years. Bringing their families to the brink of bankruptcy multiple times over the years to build the company we all know and love today. Driving innovation in every industry through their personal and financial commitments. That commitment drove them to build something greater than themselves and imbued that spirit in their entire cast is something that is lacking at Disneytoday.

The current Disney executives seem to think the business is an ATM and continue to withdraw at an exorbitant rate and to the detriment of the hard working cast members and long-term growth of the company. I find it shameful that the board has chosen this direction neglecting thousands of other workers who are much more deserving of a substantial raise to their salaries and standards of living.

Cesar R M

You saw it?
yes, It was out earlier in Mexico.
It got out this friday country wide.
Seen it twice, one alone and one with my aunt.
Both liked it alot.
The movie has a LOT of references.. so be ready to catch some.
They even made fun of Elsa and Anna in one scene.

ironically, the dates were switched.. we're going to get Kung Fu Panda 3 until next month.
And we got Zootopia earlier.

Rteetz

So Disneyland 60 special is tonight. Are we expecting anything to come from this. I know they keep advertising details about Star Wars land will be revealed. Any idea if those details are anything we don't already know?

Disneyhead'71

Out of curiosity which Orlando Resort should I purchase annual passes for? I'm stuck between Universal and Disney World. The reasons as to why I want to purchase them is because employee passes suck and always have Blackout's the days I actually can take the day off. As i'm back in Florida I now legally am a Florida resident so I can purchase the premium passes for either park. Now I don't want to turn this into a Universal vs. Disney debate but for the price I do think Disney is a better offer since I have four parks plus two water parks and I rather enjoy Golfing so i'd take advantage of the Golf Club. I mean i'm going towards Disney, but I haven't had Universal tickets since the Wizarding World phase one opened. I know that Universal is 429 and Disney is 776 dollars and that can be a huge difference, but I can easily afford it as I'm single and well off financially. Don't get me wrong I like Harry Potter and no doubt Kong will be amazing but is it worth it to pay a little more for Disney or should I pay a little less for Universal?
For me personally, I enjoy the Universal product more than the Disney product.

And the 4vs2 parks thing isn't an issue for me since either Uni park has more rides than all 3 non-MK Disney parks combined.

That said, if the sun will be less bright in your world if you don't throw boatloads of cash at Mickey, then you know the answer.

But I am TOTALLY the wrong person to ask. I am not a "Disney" fan. I am a theme park fan who used to have loads of respect for the Disney parks until they decided that the parks would be a premium product only in price.

VJ

So Disneyland 60 special is tonight. Are we expecting anything to come from this. I know they keep advertising details about Star Wars land will be revealed. Any idea if those details are anything we don't already know?
The name of the land will supposedly be revealed in the second hour of the show according to interviews with producers.

the.dreamfinder

Cesar R M

I thought I also saw a tweet that shakira was there for interviews.
really? then the event was bigger than I was imagining.
Also, reading the twitter.. seems all stablished bloggers (aka mommy and other big ranked ones) were herded around to some of the attractions.. first nemo.. with some exclusive photos with the CMs and Singers. Same with FOTLK.
The photos of FOTLK did show only 10% of the theater filled. So Id say they are exclusive ?

Rteetz

really? then the event was bigger than I was imagining.
Also, reading the twitter.. seems all stablished bloggers (aka mommy and other big ranked ones) were herded around to some of the attractions.. first nemo.. with some exclusive photos with the CMs and Singers. Same with FOTLK.
The photos of FOTLK did show only 10% of the theater filled. So Id say they are exclusive ?
Yep, saw another post on Facebook with shakira at AKL as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom