The Spirited 11th Hour ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Drifting?

You've lived in and posted from tinfoil hat territory for months.

Yeah I recall everyone was laughing at my suggestions that huge cuts in attractions/entertainment and pretty much everything else were only a matter of time because TWDC would do anything to please Wall St... Hmmm seems to have come to pass. Who is laughing now it certainly is not me because this disaster is just the beginning.

FrankLapidus

Yeah I recall everyone was laughing at my suggestions that huge cuts in attractions/entertainment and pretty much everything else were only a matter of time because TWDC would do anything to please Wall St... Hmmm seems to have come to pass. Who is laughing now it certainly is not me because this disaster is just the beginning.

I recall laughing at your recent claims that Episode 8 had been pushed back because Disney had decided Star Wars wasn't as popular as they thought and that Rivers of Light would be an upcharge event. There is quite a long list of similar such claims as well.

Let's not pretend you're some lone voice of warning here, you've thrown pile upon pile of dirt at the wall and some of it has stuck; other claims had no basis in reality. You have not been the only person on this forum who has had reasonable reservations about the future at WDW and others were not laughing at you because you had those reservations. They laughted at the ridiculous claims that you have made.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I recall laughing at your recent claims that Episode 8 had been pushed back because Disney had decided Star Wars wasn't as popular as they thought and that Rivers of Light would be an upcharge event. There is quite a long list of similar such claims as well.

Let's not pretend you're some lone voice of warning here, you've thrown pile upon pile of dirt at the wall and some of it has stuck; other claims had no basis in reality. You have not been the only person on this forum who has had reasonable reservations about the future at WDW and others were not laughing at you because you had those reservations. They laughted at the ridiculous claims that you have made.

No that's Sprit's job, As for me I've been trying to get you lunkheads into realizing that TWDC only cares about what happens on Wall St, Customers like us no longer count in the calculus of TWDC operations, It's only going to get worse as time goes on until such time as Iger and his team are replaced.

As to various divisions of TWDC, Let's just say EVERYHING has it's price including Star Wars, If Uni said Hey Bob, We'll give you 25 billion for Star Wars well let's just say the deal would be done before you could say Beetlejuice three times. (no inside info here replace Star Wars with $FAVORITE_DIS_BUSINESS_UNIT) for alternate endings

brb1006

That shirt is a slap in the face to any Spectromagic fan. Not even one should be purchased. :mad:
*Sniff* *Sniff*:cry:

culturenthrills

Yes and no - CCP will not ALLOW their park to fail, How much do you wanna bet TWDC is on the hook for any and all operational losses at SDL, So the current domestic situation could get much worse for us WDW fans :(
Well, I had heard from a friend that Disney didn't get to set ticket prices as high as they wanted for Shanghai.

FrankLapidus

Well, it certainly sort of happened in terms of popularity. It didn't break Avatar's record despite huge price hikes and online hype.

I disagree. Star Wars' popularity was never going to be defined by whether or not it outgrossed Avatar.

Either way, Episode 8 has not been delayed because Disney suddenly had a crisis of faith in Star Wars' popularity. It was laughable when he claimed that to be the case, its still laughable now.

FrankLapidus

Ron Miller gets a bad rap because of the studio during his tenure but he pushed WDW to being a week long trip, broke into the international parks market, and started the Disney Channel.

And Touchstone.

I agree about him getting a bad rap, I think he was more ambitious that he's given credit for sometimes; he'd seen first-hand how Walt Disney had felt constrained by both his own and the company's public image and Ron Miller used that to try to diversify the type of output that Disney released. He just couldn't completely overcome the "what would Walt do?" mentality shared by Card Walker and the rest of the BoD.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom