The Spirited 11th Hour ...

TalkingHead

Just wondering if anyone else is watching the Disneyland 60th special trying to upsell Shanghai Disneyland in under ten sentences and have a sinking feeling in their chest over the whole thing? What if it's not as accepted as Disney is hoping for?

...is it too big to fail?

I dunno, but their castle still looks like the ugliest in the Parks lineup.

lazyboy97o

Just wondering if anyone else is watching the Disneyland 60th special trying to upsell Shanghai Disneyland in under ten sentences and have a sinking feeling in their chest over the whole thing? What if it's not as accepted as Disney is hoping for?

...is it too big to fail?
That's what has been said about all of the foreign parks in the lead up to their opening. They've been accepted. Hong Kong Disneyland gets plenty of Mainland visitors.

PhotoDave219

Yo Dave, @ParentsOf4 .
Is there any minimal chance that Disney is actually pulling an ENRON type maneuver?
aka everything is shown as "nice and dandy" but something is actually destroying the company from inside and thus they have to pull these budget cuts weight on the employees?

I don't think it's as much of an Enron type thing as simply trying to shore up the stock price for their own financial gain.

We PAy these executives in stock and they will do what ever they have to do so they can make $45 million a year… Give or take.

I mean it's as it's always been… The first ones to starve, the first ones to die. The first ones in line for that pie in the sky. But always the last when the cream is shared out. For the worker is working when the fat cats about. ( as the song goes anyways)

Mike S

They're selling LE SpectroMagic t-shirts on Disneystore.com. Must be their way of saying "sorry we let this parade rot beyond the repairs we felt like fixing, but this shirt looks kewl!"
I remember when I bought the Maelstrom shirt :oops:

I also bought an IJA 20th anniversary shirt but only because they didn't sell any kind of unique shirt at Disneyland:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom