The Spirited 11th Hour ...

ULPO46

Since you haven't been to Universal since 2010, buy the 2 day, get a day free pass from Universal they are promoing (have to use within 14 days, though). Visit for two days, keeping an eye on how much fun you are or aren't having vs Disney. If on, the third day you realize this is pretty good stuff, before you leave the park, head to Guest services and upgrade your ticket to an AP. But why are you even needing the $429 pass and not the $299 Florida Resident ticket. Do you really need free valet, the halloween horror night ticket, and the after 4 express pass?

On my last day at Universal, we accomplished 17 attractions within the two parks, the majority of them I would consider E-tickets, and I loved having not to stress about ride reservations or lines, or where I was going to eat or any of those things. It is so much more of a "carefree" experience. But some people just love the Disney stable of characters and things like Haunted Mansion or Small World, which are areas that Universal has not begun to challenge Disney. Only you can decide that.

Edit: I see you say it's been awhile since you've really done WDW either. Find a day or a partial day when you can use your Maingate and see how that's like too.
Thank you so much I think I will try that. Yeah the last time I did all four parks or had an annual pass for Disney was in 2005. I've done one park stints in between then but I like the idea. Yeah I was wondering what Universal did with that but the Halloween Horror nights looks appealing because of my friends and family who attend just for the fun of it. I don't scare easily I laugh at the people who do get scared though. But Disney's option does look more appealing to me as it includes the water parks and Golf which I enjoy both very well I wish Universal included Wet n' wild with their pass but I guess they haven't thought of it which is what Seas and Disney do. But I think i'll buy the day passes for both and figure which suits me best in terms of also enjoying time with friends and family. Thanks I hadn't this at all!

ULPO46

I'll just put this right here.

top_25_top_overpaid_20161.png

Full report here: http://www.asyousow.org/ays_report/the-100-most-overpaid-ceos-are-fund-managers-asleep-at-the-wheel/

OC Register article on the topic: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pay-704763-report-percent.html
I can quote so much more than this. It's disgusting how much they get paid. Not to mention the majority of them have nothing to do with gender or socio-economic equality. It all leads back to how much the company makes each year.

ULPO46

Yes, it took some powering thru in the middle episodes.
To be honest there's a reason why Comic Shows where made in 2d cartoons. I mean even the CW, CBS, and Fox's takes on Comic Book heroes in live action just doesn't draw me like it used to. Either bad graphic or the writing is getting to cliché and terrible. Agent Carter is the one that surprised me for how cheesy the writing has become.

PhotoDave219

To be honest there's a reason why Comic Shows where made in 2d cartoons. I mean even the CW, CBS, and Fox's takes on Comic Book heroes in live action just doesn't draw me like it used to. Either bad graphic or the writing is getting to cliché and terrible. Agent Carter is the one that surprised me for how cheesy the writing has become.

I can realistically see agent Carter and agents of shield moving over to Netflix. Honestly? That's really where they belong and can grow and thrive. They are going to survive on network television. They simply just don't have the mass appeal that Burbank wants.

Soarin' Over Pgh

And here I am, sitting here thinking on how to even spend $46 million in one year. I don't think I could. Why does one person need that much money?!

I can realistically see agent Carter and agents of shield moving over to Netflix. Honestly? That's really where they belong and can grow and thrive. They are going to survive on network television. They simply just don't have the mass appeal that Burbank wants.

Agreed! i really enjoy Netflix as an alternative route to cable television shows and it is only becoming more and more popular- especially with the rising costs of cable programming. Netflix is a great place for showcasing more adult themed and oriented shows than network telly.

ULPO46

I totally agree with you! I don't understand why on prime time Disney thinks that anyone will watch there shows. I mean I understand kids who love marvel comics but for even a super fan like myself, I don't see the appeal of this show anymore. The writers are running out of plot lines and the shows are loosing too many viewers. Their premise is ok but the shows just aren't worth keeping on prime time. Don't get me wrong I adore the muppets have loved them since I was a little kid, but this new show isn't all that great and I don't understand how fresh off the boat stayed for another season

POLY LOVER

you can hire and fire whoever you want but if you do not allow a creative person to have a free hand to use those talents you just create a frustrated worker who will eventually quit if he has any integrety. I hope they allow them to create and save this loved product of ours..

POLY LOVER

I totally agree with you! I don't understand why on prime time Disney thinks that anyone will watch there shows. I mean I understand kids who love marvel comics but for even a super fan like myself, I don't see the appeal of this show anymore. The writers are running out of plot lines and the shows are loosing too many viewers. Their premise is ok but the shows just aren't worth keeping on prime time. Don't get me wrong I adore the muppets have loved them since I was a little kid, but this new show isn't all that great and I don't understand how fresh off the boat stayed for another season

I disagree the Muppets are better than I expected.

doctornick

I think that Disney/Marvel made a mistake by not doing an actual superhero show on network TV. I think The Flash has shown that you can do a high quality superhero show on a TV budget and if they had done something like that it would have kept and retained the MCU audience more. By doing a show about kinda generic spies (at least initially), it lost a lot of the appeal of being tied into the rest of the MCU.

Rteetz

So the Zootopia press junket will be starting tomorrow at Walt Disney World with those invited staying at AKL Jambo House. I wonder how many lifestylers, mommy bloggers and ex-cons are on the guest list?
There was a big event last night for bloggers at Disney Springs then at AK. A screening and then they got a preview of new AK nighttime entertainment and the nighttime safari.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So the Zootopia press junket will be starting tomorrow at Walt Disney World with those invited staying at AKL Jambo House. I wonder how many lifestylers, mommy bloggers and ex-cons are on the guest list?
A metric crapton of them I expect, cut service and quality yet invite non-entities like Fadra yet
Guys like Steve are left out in the cold

VJ

I'm all in with MCU and Agent Carter is just OK. Too disconnected from the rest of the universe because of the time period.
I admittedly haven't seen Agent Carter but I do like SHIELD and the two Netflix shows, plus the rest of the MCU of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom