The Spirited 11th Hour ...

whiterhino42

Well, besides plate spinning and oil rigging, what other talents does Norway bring to the table? Trolls that say, BACK! BACK! lol.

NOOR-VAY is kinda a silly land to include in WS. Don't get me started on that horrible gift shop with the stanky perfume/cologne emanating out of every pore of the building either.
Wow! Norway is . One of the most beautiful countries in the world. You obviously have never been.

Nick Pappagiorgio

You have to understand that many WDW Guests are rubes. They will not go to Bora Bora like our lovely world traveler @alissafalco did for her honeymoon. They would gladly pay 2-3 times the price to sit on a man made lagoon in a swamp with Zephyrhills bottles and popcorn containers bobbing in the muck. That is simply reality. WDW is comfort food for so many people who don't care that there's a whole world out there. They will be the folks lining up to stay at the denuded Wilderness Lodge and Villas and More Villas ... And Cabins too! rather than heading out to a cabin in one of our amazing natural parks that @WDWFigment (just seeing if he is still reading here like so many!) does amazing photography of.

WDW is treated as a safe, simple and easy (no talk about booking rides -- or how insane that entire concept is -- or planning meals six months ahead of time) place to go. What is that song about ''A rube and his money ...?'':greedy::geek::D:cool:

I know these people probably didn't pick to be on disney week but they sum up the type of guest you talk about...

Cesar R M

Rare, RARE am I one to pull out the "What Would Walt Say" mantra (as its been so overused) but right here is the appropriate time and place.
I just hope they know they will have a lot of eyes watching them.
The first Mary Poppins is a cultural phenomenon, not only movie wise, but singing and character wise.

Whatever he would say you wouldn't be able to hear it, what with the ice in the way and all.
Time to unfreeze his head and perform some satanic rituals!

the world MUST know!

Cesar R M

I know these people probably didn't pick to be on disney week but they sum up the type of guest you talk about...

500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

PhotoDave219

More like they ran DEHAZE filters with very strong levels.

Oh no my friend… They found a print of the movie from 1977. Two of them in fact. And they weren't in great condition. And apparently they rigged up a digital camera to a 35mm projector and photographed every single frame of film and then corrected every single frame.

It actually looks like a film. It's not like some oversaturated HDR nightmare that sees prevalent these days.....

Bolna

Wow! Norway is . One of the most beautiful countries in the world. You obviously have never been.

I agree. Besides the beauty, there is plenty else: a country that struggled for a national identity after being governed by Denmark and Sweden for centuries, Edvard Grieg, Edvard Munch, the world class research regarding leprosy, building the Bergen Railway which has to climb over 4000 feet, achieving a fair distribution of the wealth generating by natural resources and so on. And all of this in a country that only has a population of a little over 5 million people, is as far north as Alaska and mainly consists of a very long coast line. I was there for the first time this past summer and learned a lot about it. It is a fascinating country and after having been there, I was impressed about how much the original Norway pavilion was actually true to the country that I experienced. They even sell schoolbread in every bakery there!

flynnibus

Premium Member
No I'm not, Without going into NDA territory most home "routers" are based on Broadcom switching silicon, Technically it's a L3 switch because the switching (routing?) decision is made at the IP address level not at the MAC layer which because it's working at the IP layer people like to call it a router, But it's NOT a router because it DOES NOT implement a routing protocol even one as basic as RIP v2 or IPv6 RA's People like to call them 'routers' but they are not because they do not run a routing protocol.

That is horse . Routing *IS* about making the forwarding decisions based on the protocol layer instead of the MAC layer. That is what routing is, and what makes it a router. Routing protocols are simply about how routers distribute knowledge about what the routing tables should be... They can also just be STATIC routes.. which is what the home routers do.. because there is no need when you only have 1-3 networks you will make decisions on.

A router sitting there running a static table is just as much a router as a device advertising it's routes and updating it's table dynamically based on a routing protocol.

A final note switching is ALWAYS faster than routing because it happens at the hardware level and the decision is made in a silicon based lookup table.

Another 'wrong'. Routing can be done in hardware too.. it's pretty much the core principle of the old guard of Cisco technology where they would invest in specialized ASICs to do the tasks vs doing it in software. Switching is classically faster based on the simplier task.. in both the decision logic and what must be rewritten when forwarding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom