The Spirited 11th Hour ...

RSoxNo1

^Experienced both for the first time last spring. FJ fell below my lofty expectations for a number of reasons while Gringotts met or exceeded them. I'd go as far to name Gringotts the best attraction in Orlando since Tower of Terror.

For me, the biggest test was the set-to-screen integration/transition. FJ's is somewhat jarring and took me out of the moment, whereas Gringotts was much better integrated in both the queue and ride.
The end result of Gringotts was too much like Spider-Man and Transformers, despite a different ride system. For me, I'd rather ride Spider-Man, it's a better ride.

RSoxNo1

The incredibles dance party felt like just a rehash from the older character party.
The only difference is, they changed the character (before it was chip, dale, stitch, goofy) and now its only Mr. Incredible, Frozone and Mrs Incredible.

The Tomorrowland dance parties and the Hollywood Boulevard dance parties are awful. They are thematically inappropriate and the noise bleeds into attractions. I understand that they're entertaining to kids, but so too are thematically appropriate things. Move them to where they're appropriate (say Rock 'n' Roller Coaster area) or change the theme (ElecTRONica or some non-IP based theme).

RSoxNo1

Regarding Bob Weiss,

This is the same person who, as I remember, pitched stories for AK attractions that involved poachers and (for Disney's America) that involved slavery, two very unpleasant subject matters and very questionable material for Disney to be getting involved in. I remember thinking back then that these weren't very "Disney".
So we prefer the white washed history of America represented in the American Adventure? The poaching backstory of Kilimanjaro Safaris gave the attraction a real controversy, when every ride seemingly had to have a linear story. Personally, I like the non-linear story that's there now because the emphasis is on the real animals.

Nmoody1

So we prefer the white washed history of America represented in the American Adventure? The poaching backstory of Kilimanjaro Safaris gave the attraction a real controversy, when every ride seemingly had to have a linear story. Personally, I like the non-linear story that's there now because the emphasis is on the real animals.

I'm sure everyone would just rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend poaching and slavery didn't happen... real life!!!!! these parks were meant to be entertaining AND educational.

Cesar R M

When did "unboxing" videos become a thing?

If i ever watched one, I think my eyes would bleed.
you're reaaaallly outdated man. unboxing videos became the trend by reviewers back in the 2005's and onwards (maybe a bit before).
Now everyone wants to show their new purchase with very little to do with review intentions (aka ego boasting and gloating)

Just noticed I got a letter that because I'm a shareholder I can vote for stuff in Disney. If only I could vote for whatever I wanted.......... If only........
'til they refuse your vote and kick you out because you are not in the groups they were looking for (like the surveys lol)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

There is something really wrong about Florida's water.. I tell you. :hilarious:
Next they will claim that Disney owns responsibility for wild animals that are native of all Florida.

Feeling anxiety over a former TDO exec's influence on Tupperware's business model?

Yeah, sure, that's a natural enough concern.
its a conspiracy.. they will bottle up all the Disney rumors in Meg's tupperware systems.

hopemax

Feeling anxiety over a former TDO exec's influence on Tupperware's business model?

Yeah, sure, that's a natural enough concern.

A year ago, my Mom and I ordered some Disney Holiday Tupperware. My Mom asked the Rep if they still had the policy where you could get replacement parts. Rep said, "yep!" We figured out the number of the lid to a bowl my Mom had since the 80s which had broke and a few weeks later she had her lid. Modern companies, like Disney, I would expect would have rather my Mom bought a whole new bowl, and not gotten a replacement for her 30 year old item. And had my Mom not thrown the lid out it would have likely been replaced for free, as the products have a lifetime guarantee under certain conditions.

So I can see how the possibility of a new CEO, knowing the guest unfriendly policies WDW adopted during Meg's tenure could cause concern among Tupperware consumers. But most people don't know about the replacement policies and how generous they are.

HauntedMansionFLA

What year does Iger's contract expire? Doubtfull but wouldn't you want to look good on your way out by bringing a bunch of new attractions to the parks? Disney Springs, Avatar, Star Wars land, toy story land and the mysterious phase 3 and 4 will be coming to the parks in the next few years. Additionally, the Frozen boat ride / meet and greet, updated Soarin and so on. Bring all of this to the fans and get out while you can and make some poor sucker deal with it later.

rael ramone

The Tomorrowland dance parties and the Hollywood Boulevard dance parties are awful. They are thematically inappropriate and the noise bleeds into attractions. I understand that they're entertaining to kids, but so too are thematically appropriate things. Move them to where they're appropriate (say Rock 'n' Roller Coaster area) or change the theme (ElecTRONica or some non-IP based theme).

They could have used the old Tomorrowland Theatre, but I guess the powers that be felt that would have been thematically inappropriate for an executive parking lot.

Cesar R M

They've been proven to cause more accidents due to drivers slamming on their brakes so they don't run the light and someone rear ending them. If you want people to stop running red lights all you need to do is add a second to the yellow light according to studies.
or blinking to the green.
Thats what they do in my country..
green blinks 3 times (around 3-4 seconds) then switches to yellow (3 seconds) then to red.

rael ramone

A year ago, my Mom and I ordered some Disney Holiday Tupperware. My Mom asked the Rep if they still had the policy where you could get replacement parts. Rep said, "yep!" We figured out the number of the lid to a bowl my Mom had since the 80s which had broke and a few weeks later she had her lid. Modern companies, like Disney, I would expect would have rather my Mom bought a whole new bowl, and not gotten a replacement for her 30 year old item. And had my Mom not thrown the lid out it would have likely been replaced for free, as the products have a lifetime guarantee under certain conditions.

So I can see how the possibility of a new CEO, knowing the guest unfriendly policies WDW adopted during Meg's tenure could cause concern among Tupperware consumers. But most people don't know about the replacement policies and how generous they are.

Tupperware provides a genuine social good for those who it 'employs' as it's associates in many lands. In many lands you are pretty much locked out of having a normal job just for being a woman. Tupperware gives them an honorable way to provide income for themselves and their families that they otherwise wouldn't get. And they bring on a board member someone who oversaw a business on U.S. soil that in some ways resembles a sweatshop.

Depending on what 'specifically' she brings to the table in this new role, there could be plenty of pain to spread around. Customers, associates, stockholders....

Maybe she'll stay out of the nuts and bolts of the business to allow it to operate as it should, and just work on militarizing it's social media arm to recruit 'foamers', and shout out anyone who speaks about it's products and it's stock price.

In some ways, Tupperware is now what $DIS used to be. (Maybe when Mr. Goings retires he can consult for the Mouse in the swamps on how to maintain quality and be a social good for it's workforce).

CJR

They've been proven to cause more accidents due to drivers slamming on their brakes so they don't run the light and someone rear ending them. If you want people to stop running red lights all you need to do is add a second to the yellow light according to studies.

The problem, and why these things should be illegal, is that a lot of the cities that installed them did not do it for the purpose of reducing accidents or lowering the chances of someone running a red light. For some, the goal was even to increase the amount of people running a red light, all for the sake of hidden taxation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom