The Spirited 11th Hour ...

PhotoDave219

Since this is always a bit of a catch-all thread. We went to DHS today. Got lunch about 11:45 AM at Fairfax Market. After we paid and were picking up the food one CM announced they didn't have Coke, was there another drink we wanted. I can't even...

The resort is full of "earning their ears" and I'm guessing they hadn't gotten to the "making sure the fountain is ready for the lunch crowd" part of the training and regular staff was overwhelmed with the newbies. But I've never been in a restaurant ANYWHERE where they served drinks from behind the counter and they didn't have Coke for their customers.

We got back to our friends and one of them had their burger order from the other window screwed up two ways. Same friend took an hour at the guest service window. to get her AP because they messed up her MDE profile and only IT could fix it (she manages her husband's profile because he is not really a Disney fan so has no interest in creating his own. They assigned the AP to him or something and then wanted him to get his own profile to fix it). The worst part is that all of us don't even get mad anymore just laugh and wonder what new and exciting ways WDW will fail at basic operations.

Apparently the base operational support for MDX is winding down. The people above that called "The Avengers" is supposed to wind down come March.

The way it was explained to me was that it was an executive level decision.

Why you would want to stop having immediate support of that product (that has yet to prove reliable as proven by this week's payment outage) is beyond me.

asianway

Apparently the base operational support for MDX is winding down. The people above that called "The Avengers" is supposed to wind down come March.

Why you would want to stop having immediate support of that product (that has yet to prove reliable as proven by this week's payment outage) is beyond me.
The labor was never budgeted for though I'm surprised it took this long

Cesar R M

yo Dave,

Since the management style of all the parks are changing to "per land" based instead of "per operations" (aka, a single manager manages the entire land and all its parts, instead of the older way of one manager per branch for food, merchandise..etc.. for the entire park)
Do you think there is going to be a mess until they fully establish the new order?

AEfx

At this point I'm pretty sure that Rick from The Motley Fool is just pulling all his articles from this message board.... http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...rld-beefed-up-security-at-the-right-time.aspx

Aside from the usual suspects in the greater Disney community who are infamous about really-for-real mining threads here for articles and information, I've also been convinced at various times over the years that someone from the writing staffs of both Saturday Night Live and Real Time with Bill Maher are at least occasional readers.

To be honest, it makes sense - this is really the only public WDW forum out there where you know you are going to get high quality information and with a remarkably high S:N ratio. Even the most idiotic of those who become regular posters are still a cut above even the above-average posters and content at, say, the DIS.

hopemax

Especially in March with Spring Break and Easter crowds. We should get our popcorn ready.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You are forgetting the most basic reason, The P&R margins need GROWTH which is probably not at the levels the 'analysts' want to see so more 'expense' items are being lopped off. If this information is accurate the outages in the summer should be EPIC in scale.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You are forgetting the most basic reason, The P&R margins need GROWTH which is probably not at the levels the 'analysts' want to see so more 'expense' items are being lopped off. If this information is accurate the outages in the summer should be EPIC in scale.
The sad fact is that many people will excuse and defend the problems with the system to no end. The irony occurs when they blame shift and claim these problems happened under older systems as well. You know, the older, outdated infrastructure everybody said had to be upgraded in order to eliminate problems. lol. And dont get me wrong, when the system is working, its nice. Bu its no more error-proof than any other system does has used over the years. IMO, the more tech you throw at a problem, the more potential disasters you create.

Paper FP's ,(legacy) could not crash. Using cash or your CC (not magic band) could not crash. But hey, Disney needs to collect all that data so they can determine exactly how many liters of soda they need to supply at Pecos Bills.. so spending $3 billion dollars was worth it... because they told us, "it will enhance your experience"

Mike S

The sad fact is that many people will excuse and defend the problems with the system to no end. The irony occurs when they blame shift and claim these problems happened under older systems as well. You know, the older, outdated infrastructure everybody said had to be upgraded in order to eliminate problems. lol. And dont get me wrong, when the system is working, its nice. Bu its no more error-proof than any other system does has used over the years. IMO, the more tech you throw at a problem, the more potential disasters you create.

Paper FP's ,(legacy) could not crash. Using cash or your CC (not magic band) could not crash. But hey, Disney needs to collect all that data so they can determine exactly how many liters of soda they need to supply at Pecos Bills.. so spending $3 billion dollars was worth it... because they told us, "it will enhance your experience"
All this MM+ stuff reminds me of the episode of South Park with intellilink. It's amazing how accurate it is lol.

hpyhnt 1000

Aside from the usual suspects in the greater Disney community who are infamous about really-for-real mining threads here for articles and information, I've also been convinced at various times over the years that someone from the writing staffs of both Saturday Night Live and Real Time with Bill Maher are at least occasional readers.

To be honest, it makes sense - this is really the only public WDW forum out there where you know you are going to get high quality information and with a remarkably high S:N ratio. Even the most idiotic of those who become regular posters are still a cut above even the above-average posters and content at, say, the DIS.

*sniff* That just made all my posts over the years worthwhile! It just gets me all emotional to know you appreciate me like that! *fans face rapidly with hands*

More seriously, you have a point about some of those other boards. They really can descend very quickly into a rabbit hole of gibberish. Even with the amount of spirited snark that often manifests itself on these boards, it seldom reaches the point of unreadability. And don't get me started on the grovel fest that is the Disney Parks Blog...

THIS! Integration via technology is great and all, but you better be darn sure you've got it figured out before putting everything on the same system. A while back I said something to the effect that MM+ is great when it works, but that when it crashes, it crashes HARD, sometimes screwing up everything attached to one person's magic band or MM+ account. That is an unacceptable outcome and one that really should not be happening to anyone ever at this point.

I actually don't mind people defending the system per se. What I do mind are those who downplay or maybe even refuse to say there are issues. You can't fix problems if you don't acknowledge their existence, nor can you do it if you start cutting back on the people in charge of implementing fixes.

lazyboy97o

That's not entirely true. FastPass was still controlled by computers to determine if media was valid and eligible for a time. Redemption would still work but new FastPasses would not be issued if the system were to go down.

Cash and credit are still processed with computers. Cash use is already in decline so that is a limited number of people. Cards can be manually recorded, but that means giving someone a paper copy of your card information. Then there is the huge headache of customers and employees who don't understand how a purchase total is calculated.

GrammieBee

Man, I love this thread. Whatever pops up on this thread overnight, along with the morning newspaper, are my must reads for the day. Endlessly informative and entertaining.

JoeCamel

Also, just saw they are removing the toll both that causes backups right before you exit to the airport.
Now, that's actually exciting news.

Removing the booth on the main highway but building new on the ramps so it is a little better but still tolls until kingdom come and they get addicted to that revenue.

drew81

You probably could add to that list some very high AList celebs. One I'm almost sure of that is no longer with us.
RIP Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom