The Spirited 11th Hour ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, having lived through it ...

WDW's biggest ticket price increases ever were Michael Eisner's first 4 years.

My circle of friends pretty much hated him for it, a hate that didn't dissipate until Disney-MGM Studios and Typhoon Lagoon both opened in 1989.

The difference of course was that the price increases went to fund expansion and upgrades of the park not executive bonuses and stock repurchases.

Mike S

I don't see anything new here, but this provides a good synopsis of everything that will be in SDL and open (by some point in 2016):

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-shanghai-disneyland-preview-20160127-story.html
This caught my eye.
The largest and tallest of the Disney castle includes the launch station for the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto boat ride that travels throughout Fantasyland past scenes from “Fantasia,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “Mulan” and “Tangled.”
Will those scenes be like real dark ride scenes? If so I'm kind of jealous. I would love to have Aladdin and BatB in WDW as real rides and not just a restaurant and spinner.

Nmoody1

This caught my eye.

Will those scenes be like real dark ride scenes? If so I'm kind of jealous. I would love to have Aladdin and BatB in WDW as real rides and not just a restaurant and spinner.

It's a boat ride that goes past interactive scenes with fountains etc

DDLand

shdr-att-voyage-to-the-crystal-grotto-hero.jpg

They'll be outdoor show scenes. Or sculpture gardens as they're described. "Soon, you'll wind past magnificent sculpture gardens dedicated to timeless Disney epics like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan and many more." You can see above the Beauty and the Beast and Genie scenes closest to us. Additionally I make out Fantasia with Mickey Mouse and the lantern scene from Tangled. So large outdoor recreations of Disney scenes.

Here's the overhead map, which admittedly is not 100% accurate, but is interesting nonetheless.
Crystal Grotto.png

So not a dark ride, but towards the end it turns into one.
"As you approach the Grotto, the excitement builds and the magic grows stronger. You’ll see, hear and feel classic stories spring to life within the walls and waters of the cavern. Experience the exhilaration as you’re surrounded by an astounding spectacle of motion, color and vision."

So hopefully that's cool...

RandySavage

^The animation for each scene - aside from water - sounds like it will be pretty limited (being a 'sculpture garden'), if there at all.

For example in the Tangled scene you might see those lanterns in the back moving up and down on "water streams", and not much more movement:
tumblr_nt928nMTZF1rjap0ho1_1280.jpg

So I'd set expectations for a D-ticket (Canal Boats with projection mapping finale in a cavern, bumping it up from a C).

rael ramone

Meg is best known for reducing the QUALITY of the products, Whatever else Tupperware is incredibly high quality, This move is seen as a bad one because once Meg get's her claws into the business. Tupperware will lose its quality advantage and become just another plasticware vendor who can be supplanted by no name chinese imports.

I'll have to dig into the recent CC transcript & stock reports... but the reason for the dive is a bad quarter. $TUP is a huge emerging market company (unless things changed this quarter, it does more business in Indonesia then any other country). The 'Tupperware Party' is a way for women to earn income in countries that simply don't have jobs for them - and it's got a CEO who visits all these countries. EM's won't stay down forever, and it pays a handsome divvy while you wait.

What scares me - it's headquartered in Orlando. CEO is retiring soon. I believe Meg has a house in the Orlando area. If this results in her not just being a mere '1 of 13' board members, but a potential successor :eek::eek::eek:.

That would result in a 'pixy dust bounce' since a supposed 'Iger disciple' is taking over - giving us in the know a better price to cash out.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'll have to dig into the recent CC transcript & stock reports... but the reason for the dive is a bad quarter. $TUP is a huge emerging market company (unless things changed this quarter, it does more business in Indonesia then any other country). The 'Tupperware Party' is a way for women to earn income in countries that simply don't have jobs for them - and it's got a CEO who visits all these countries. EM's won't stay down forever, and it pays a handsome divvy while you wait.

What scares me - it's headquartered in Orlando. CEO is retiring soon. I believe Meg has a house in the Orlando area. If this results in her not just being a mere '1 of 13' board members, but a potential successor :eek::eek::eek:.

That would result in a 'pixy dust bounce' since a supposed 'Iger disciple' is taking over - giving us in the know a better price to cash out.

Never knew that about tupperware, I do know the stuff is nearly immortal I have a plastic organizer which my grandmother gave me as a child for my model airplane building stuff and it still looks and works well decades later. Plus it does not pick up food odors because of the quality plastics used. we have a lot of new and old tupperware!

Cesar R M

View attachment 128292
They'll be outdoor show scenes. Or sculpture gardens as they're described. "Soon, you'll wind past magnificent sculpture gardens dedicated to timeless Disney epics like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan and many more." You can see above the Beauty and the Beast and Genie scenes closest to us. Additionally I make out Fantasia with Mickey Mouse and the lantern scene from Tangled. So large outdoor recreations of Disney scenes.

Here's the overhead map, which admittedly is not 100% accurate, but is interesting nonetheless. View attachment 128293

"As you approach the Grotto, the excitement builds and the magic grows stronger. You’ll see, hear and feel classic stories spring to life within the walls and waters of the cavern. Experience the exhilaration as you’re surrounded by an astounding spectacle of motion, color and vision."

gotta love the PR type explanation on the last part :p

Cesar R M

The Disneyland Hotel has a direct entrance to the park, so my guess is it was there.
This was just expanded mere minutes ago.
And the guy had a Quran with it.
It seems he was going to go full cowboy inside the park..

despicable!

*edit*

Another update mere minuted as I posted this..
The woman that was with the man with the guns.. eluded the capture. Bomb squad is now going to check the car of the man.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
View attachment 128292

Here's the overhead map, which admittedly is not 100% accurate, but is interesting nonetheless. View attachment 128293

Sounds like Storybookland with less but larger scenes, followed by a screen-based finale. Sounds nice.

tirian

If you double-check my post, you'll see I agree with scenario #1, while saying his outspokenness could have been cause for concern.

The $80 billion Disney Company is about to embark on a massive multi-billion park expansion program. Who to put in charge? What would the considerations in the BoD have looked like:

A) Let us name Bob Weis, he was in charge of Shanghai after all. He also oversaw the both creatively and financially very successful $1.5 billion DCA park makeover program, the template for the upcoming projects in DL and DHS.
B) WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PROMOTE WEIS!! HE KNOWS LIKE, STUFF! EVEN THOUGH EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS THIS STUFF TOO AND DOES NOT GET PROMOTED! EVEN THOUGH HE WAS RESPONSIBLE HIMSELF FOR THIS STUFF IN SHANGHAI! WHAT IF HE STARTS POSTING ON MESSAGE BOARDS!11!! OUR ENTIRE COMPANY IS COWERING WITH FEAR! HE IS ALSO OUTSPOKEN, SO WE HAVE NO OTHER LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION BUT TO ELEVATE THIS OUTSPOKEN EMPLOYEE TO PROMINENT PUBLIC POSITION!

One might not think it, reading this website, but the Board of Directors of TWDC is not permanently obsessed with and scarily implementing policy in response to what people (sitting on amazing, dark secrets and ooh! if only we would reveal them!) may or may not post on Twitter, Instagram or message boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom