The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Animaniac93-98

The village security tent is in front of hotel Ny. It's where guests walking from the other 5 resorts would be screened

You can get into both HNY entrances without having to go through Village security. The article specifically says "through Hotel New York" and mentions the bag screenings they do at each hotel (I had to use one at NBC back in Nov '14, before the attacks).

"The guns and ammunition were found when the luggage was put through an X-ray machine "during a routine security screening checkpoint at one of our hotels," Disneyland Paris representative Francois Banon said."

Each DLP hotel also now has additional security staff.

ryguy

My gut instinct was right when I asked spirit a few days back about the security concern at Disneyland Paris. Thank goodness they snagged this fool. Of all the Disney parks Paris seems to be at the most risk for something bad to happen. This hopefully will keep them diligent checking for the creeps of the world.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The $80 billion Disney Company is about to embark on a massive multi-billion park expansion program. Who to put in charge? What would the considerations in the BoD have looked like:

A) Let us name Bob Weis, he was in charge of Shanghai after all. He also oversaw the both creatively and financially very successful $1.5 billion DCA park makeover program, the template for the upcoming projects in DL and DHS.
B) WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PROMOTE WEIS!! HE KNOWS LIKE, STUFF! EVEN THOUGH EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS THIS STUFF TOO AND DOES NOT GET PROMOTED! EVEN THOUGH HE WAS RESPONSIBLE HIMSELF FOR THIS STUFF IN SHANGHAI! WHAT IF HE STARTS POSTING ON MESSAGE BOARDS!11!! OUR ENTIRE COMPANY IS COWERING WITH FEAR! HE IS ALSO OUTSPOKEN, SO WE HAVE NO OTHER LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION BUT TO ELEVATE THIS OUTSPOKEN EMPLOYEE TO PROMINENT PUBLIC POSITION!

One might not think it, reading this website, but the Board of Directors of TWDC is not permanently obsessed with and scarily implementing policy in response to what people (sitting on amazing, dark secrets and ooh! if only we would reveal them!) may or may not post on Twitter, Instagram or message boards.

How do you KNOW, though?

Mike S

Just noticed I got a letter that because I'm a shareholder I can vote for stuff in Disney. If only I could vote for whatever I wanted.......... If only........

dreamscometrue

I would surmise that Bob has lots of opinions on the park. I know that one of his 'demands' when agreeing to return and 'fix' DCA was that the hat go bye-bye. It happened three years later than it was supposed to, I might add.

He can have an effect on the Extreme Makeover: Typical Disney Theme Park Edition. But things that are already in the pipeline are going to happen and largely happen as has been planned under Bruce and Craig. The further out you go, the more of a difference Bob can make. I would expect that he will make a considerable one on this park because it is so early in the process and it means so much to him. But the basics of TSL and SWL are not going to change.
What about this Anthony Connelly person as Executive VP of WDI Business Operations and Product Delivery?

RSoxNo1

Not sure how or why this is a topic yet again, so all I will add is MDE did plenty right after Frank died as well. And Frank was there and approving of Strat Planning. That often gets twisted or missed.

The one thing that I'd want is Michael's fire and passion. Bob has all the personality of a slice of Wonder Bread (Gotta whisper about bread as I am dating the world's biggest bread snob!!!) How can you run TWDC and not be excited all the time? (Oh, yeah, I have seen the stock lately.)
Am I the only one that cringes whenever you use Eisner's initials because it's the same acronym for My Disney Experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom