The Spirited 11th Hour ...

thequirkysarah

Uh, what Cars ride are you thinking about. If you mean the one in DCA, I don't understand your categorization - it is anything but a slow moving ride.

No, the whole ride is not slow moving. But the best part, in my opinion, is the slow moving dark ride segment. It is the heart of a ride which offers an incredibly immersive environment on top of the thrills. Otherwise it would just be Test Track with pretty mountains instead of parking lots.

doctornick

Wasn't there also a blueprint that showed possible spots where screens would be? Oh my... We might be in for something good here, but I'll reign it in before I get ahead of myself.

We will see. Navi River Journey seems to be relatively short (I think estimates have been 5-6 minutes ride time based on the building size and path) but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be quality show scenes. There are reported to be some very advanced AAs being used in Pandora and the boat ride would seem to be the most likely location for them. And if they do use the same ride system as Shanghai, then there should be the ability for the rides to slow down/stop, change directions, even turn around.

Absimilliard

In food related news, Disneyland Paris will be revamping the menu at Walt's towards a seasonal menu that combines "American inspired cusine with a French touch" with a number of Walt Disney's favorite dishes, not unlike the Carnation Cafe at DL. I bring this up because the DLP food and beverage team, as part of their long term plans, wants to increase the quality of the food offerings across the resort with the goal of a Michelin starred restaurant down the road. All the while their counterparts in O-Town and Anaheim are either forced to cut the quality of their offerings, #thanksshanghai, close unique quick service locations like the Paradise Garden Grill or continue to dumb down restaurant menus for rubes, as has been rumored for the Skipper Canteen.
http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/revamped-menu-for-walts-american-restaurant/

As long as they keep the Foie Gras Burger, all is good with the changes.

BrianLo

It's more of an ego thing. Like despite how badly fanboys want it, Mystic Manor will never be cloned. This is China's Disney park after all.

That has nothing to do with Ego and everything to do with the HK government feeling ripped off in their initial park and subsequently abandoned when Disney finally got what they wanted in the first place - access to mainland China.

The SDL rides on the other hand will likely never get cloned due to our current circumstance (namely none of them are a Frozen, Star Wars or Marvel ride). That's not meant to be a facetious complaint against what WDI is cooking up, just that they have much stronger franchises now then they did in 2008.

Alice is going between SDL and Tokyo. The only people who really dislike clones are the HK government.

Nor should Mystic Manor ever be cloned... WDI is perfectly capable of creating different (but just as great) attractions.

Alejandro

That has nothing to do with Ego and everything to do with the HK government feeling ripped off in their initial park and subsequently abandoned when Disney finally got what they wanted in the first place - access to mainland China.

The SDL rides on the other hand will likely never get cloned due to our current circumstance (namely none of them are a Frozen, Star Wars or Marvel ride). That's not meant to be a facetious complaint against what WDI is cooking up, just that they have much stronger franchises now then they did in 2008.

Alice is going between SDL and Tokyo. The only people who really dislike clones are the HK government.

Nor should Mystic Manor ever be cloned... WDI is perfectly capable of creating different (but just as great) attractions.
My dream, is to have Mystic Manor re themed with Figment and Dreamfinder, trackless imagination!, using props and digital projectors

Alejandro

Okay this is posted in the Main Shanghai thread but... is this the greatest attraction built in the 21st century? I'm blown away.

Impressive, most impressive! I am not such a huge fan of so many screens, but they do look great, and the few AA's in there are top of the line.
I see this and I have SOME hope for Avatard....

NobodyElse

Okay this is posted in the Main Shanghai thread but... is this the greatest attraction built in the 21st century? I'm blown away.

This looks cool (I skimmed it), but my faith in humanity is unchanged. If I had to put up with "WOAH! WOAH! THAT'S SO COOL!!!" combined with all that flash photography, I'd almost rather not ride.

lazyboy97o

Disney misses estimates... ooops!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disneys-second-quarter-revenue-rises-4-1-percent-202816123--sector.html

But meanwhile, Shanghi Disneyland continues to prove just how much a CRAP product WDW has been putting on and people keep defending as world class. Maybe they'll finally snap out of that after seeing what Disney can do in Shanghi.
Seems doubtful seeing as Tokyo, Hong Kong and even Paris to a degree have already shown what Disney can do.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Seems doubtful seeing as Tokyo, Hong Kong and even Paris to a degree have already shown what Disney can do.

Yes and no.

Tokyo really can't advertise outside of Japan as far as I know and there's still a LOT of Disney fans who don't know anything about it. HKDL wasn't that special when it opened and only Mystic Manor is the E-ticket to blow away the others IMO.

Lots of Brits still make the pilgrimage to WDW over Paris which is right next door (relatively speaking)...so whatever that tells you.

Animaniac93-98

Maybe they'll finally snap out of that after seeing what Disney can do in Shanghi.

But this assumes they would bother to look. There are plently of WDW guests (fans or otherwise) who simply do not care about what goes on in China. "Disneyland in Florida" is the one closest to where they live. They're all the same. It's the best because it has the most stuff etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom