The Spirited 11th Hour ...

CDavid

"Walt Disney Co ( DIS)) said Tuesday that director Steven Spielberg and actor Harrison Ford will return for a fifth installment of "Indiana Jones," due for release in theaters in July 2019."

Now we can update the Indiana Jones attraction at DHS to include the newest blockbuster.

Yes, clearly they have been waiting for a fifth installment before updating the attraction...Disney will never let a show get stale. :banghead:

Cesar R M

It's been confirmed that he is not returning due to the things he said about Indy 4.
Also he's better as a motivational speaker than as an actor.
PRAISED THE LORD!!
chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

I wonder who we will get now?
one of the new kid stars?

VJ

The really in need of replacement is A Christmas Fantasy. That parade has been ancient for over a decade now.
Honestly the only thing I'm attached to as far as that parade is the score. I love pretty much everything Bruce Healey's ever done and Christmas Fantasy is one of his best.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I really don't know how they recover from the last IJ. The character is now stuck in the Cold War era and fighting the soviets just didn't work as well as fighting Nazis. Long term it would be cool if they go to the sort of James Bond model, where continuity is less of a priority, and they can go back to the same timeline as the earlier films.

Mike S

Indiana Jones and The Fountain of (recasting) youth. Maybe they will end with Indiana falling into the fountain of youth and coming out as a young actor to restart the franchise.
Something like that wouldn't work because Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and we know what young Harrison Ford looks like. Same reason I'm skeptical about the Han Solo movie.

Wikkler

I really don't know how they recover from the last IJ. The character is now stuck in the Cold War era and fighting the soviets just didn't work as well as fighting Nazis. Long term it would be cool if they go to the sort of James Bond model, where continuity is less of a priority, and they can go back to the same timeline as the earlier films.
If you add the time difference between 1981 and 2016 to the time the first movie takes place, 1936, you get 1971.
Indiana Jones and the Watergate Hotel, anybody?

GrammieBee

Actually, Harrison Ford is in darn good shape for his age. I noticed that they didn't need to hire a nutritionist and a personal trainer for him as they did for Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammel in "The Force Awakens". And he had a much larger part.
Obviously, in order not to be a travesty of the earlier films, any new Indianna Jones film would have to have a GOOD (can't emphasize that enough) plot for an older Indy.

So lets not try to be snide or "cute"about older people. Someday you may find yourself at that very same age. As the saying goes: Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Are we seriously grasping at anything and everything these days to witch hunt Iger?

Pretty much the only thing that is unequivocally better in the last decade is the film slate. Bar none. WDAS is working, Pixar is still working (and under the Mouse), Marvel is working, Star Wars is working, even the live action remakes for all the hand-wringing are working.

Disney is the only major film studio that consistently works for film critics - and by a large margin. The only out and out stinker of 2015 was a film developed outside the current story-trust.

It's precisely the total indifference the CEO has towards the film studios that is working! Eisner cared too much and insisted on having his hands on everything. The only reason WDAS was in a position that the consideration was there to fold it into Pixar was due to the complete and utter destruction of the Animation brand through the late 90's-2000's.

Feel free to give zero credit to Iger, but he hardly deserves a lick of blame.

Also, no need for everyone to feign shock that Walt Disney Animation brand was almost folded in 2005 (Thanks Eisner!). It's actually a successful (and trusted) brand once again and has established an identity outside of Pixar. You can blame Iger for that... if only he cared more about legacy.

Look Iger IS a media guy from a parks PoV he is a disaster as he sees the P&R unit only as a source of money to fund his media divisions. SDL WAS NOT about a park it's about getting Disney MEDIA to Chinese consumers however China put a stake in that dream by making it Illegal for foreign companies to distribute media in China, ONLY Chinese companies are allowed to own media distribution assets in China.

rael ramone

Look Iger IS a media guy from a parks PoV he is a disaster as he sees the P&R unit only as a source of money to fund his media divisions. SDL WAS NOT about a park it's about getting Disney MEDIA to Chinese consumers however China put a stake in that dream by making it Illegal for foreign companies to distribute media in China, ONLY Chinese companies are allowed to own media distribution assets in China.

And of course to fuel the ego as well... And of course to pump up the stock price...

(That Disneyland 60 special... Was there any reason to have a Shanghai piece in the special other than ego and to pump up the price of $DIS?).

(Since Indy news inevitably creates loads of joke titles, I just created a thread in the movie section for Indy 5 so important stuff like PRICE HIKES and CUTS don't get buried)...

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Actually, Harrison Ford is in darn good shape for his age. I noticed that they didn't need to hire a nutritionist and a personal trainer for him as they did for Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammel in "The Force Awakens". And he had a much larger part.
Obviously, in order not to be a travesty of the earlier films, any new Indianna Jones film would have to have a GOOD (can't emphasize that enough) plot for an older Indy.

So lets not try to be snide or "cute"about older people. Someday you may find yourself at that very same age. As the saying goes: Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

Perhaps a bit of the ol in-out in-out, Roberts your uncles, France's you're aunt, say no more, say no more?

PhotoDave219

So I'm in town for a hot minute and I really don't miss Disney.

I don't. I don't miss the crowds, the hype, all the hoops I gotta jump thru or all the other inconviences that come with being someone who is not part of a family of four coming for a week kings stay with everything planned out.

It's weird stepping back into this bubble. Orlando is not the real world. Everything here is so far skewed from reality, it's messed up. I just don't know where to start.

While I do love sitting on MSUSA and just people watching, the hassles and the costs involved aren't worth it.

culturenthrills

No, there really is a Phase III. Whether it ever happens is what I would doubt. Phase I of the makeover is Toy Story. Phase II is SW. Phase III is likely in a future coffee table book.
If they don't do a Phase 3 they will probably reduced the capacity in that park if you take out LMA and Indiana Jones. Those are huge people eating shows. That would be nuts but I wouldn't put it past them. Meanwhile in all those years Univeral will have added so much and probably be ready to break ground on a third park. Ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom