The Spirited 11th Hour ...

asianway

On the Alaska voyage I went.. back in 2014 (on the Wonder)... I never seen Mickey and Minnie together at same time.
You always seen them on separate areas but never together at same time.
You always would get Minnie first on deck 9/10 and Donald on Deck 4
Then Goofy on Deck 10, Then Mickey on Deck 10 (right on Tracy's arm).
Golden Mickeys as well.. First Minnie, then Mickey.
Or these cuts extended to the Fantasy and Dream? ( I have yet to be on these)

Thank you!
Yes all 4 ships lost performers-new ships lost one more than classic. You also see it during til we meet again on classic. They can't staff all the VIPs plus stitch at once anymore

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Zootopia is on pace for a 70 million opening weekend! Here's to hoping it continues to be a success for a mini Zootopia in AK. I know some don't want anthropomorphic animals in AK but they could put up funny signs about the situation.
I'm pretty sure the average guest at WDW has no idea what anthropomorphic even means;) It should work. At the very least they are sure to add a meet and greet.

Mike S

Since the topic was brought up here before, Nintendo has officially been confirmed for USJ and is opening in 2020 with a budget of $350 million.
image.png

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/0...ersal-japans-park-costing-around-350-million/

Now, wasn't Diagon Alley's rumored budget around $245 million? Yeah, budget cuts my rear end ;)

Goofyernmost

Quinnmac000

Since the topic was brought up here before, Nintendo has officially been confirmed for USJ and is opening in 2020 with a budget of $350 million.
View attachment 133254

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/0...ersal-japans-park-costing-around-350-million/

Now, wasn't Diagon Alley's rumored budget around $245 million? Yeah, budget cuts my rear end ;)

Diagon for the US was a reported 256 million. So Universal is already giving an extra 100 million to this and the best part of this due to the fact the park is in Osaka rather than Tokyo...they can actually build it without interfering with the Olympic construction crews and construction in JP is cheaper than in the US so the 350 million will go a bit farther there than here.

NobodyElse

Cesar R M

Yes all 4 ships lost performers-new ships lost one more than classic. You also see it during til we meet again on classic. They can't staff all the VIPs plus stitch at once anymore
Which is strange again considering how expensive, how much money DLC earns and how they have changed their policies to bring even more money.

peter11435

Which is strange again considering how expensive, how much money DLC earns and how they have changed their policies to bring even more money.
I don't know how true this is but I was told by someone that worked onboard that it had to do with the addition of lifeguards on the ship. Living quarters are limited for crew onboard so to accommodate the lifeguards they had to cut from somewhere else.

Goofyernmost

I don't know how true this is but I was told by someone that worked onboard that it had to do with the addition of lifeguards on the ship. Living quarters are limited for crew onboard so to accommodate the lifeguards they had to cut from somewhere else.
Well, that would just be more of Disney greed. :mad: I mean they could easily have kicked off a paying customer to make room for more staff. All they care about is dollars. The Captain could have given up his quarters or they could have put some cots up in the engine room for the lifeguards. There are so many options. The lifeboats are empty until the ship starts to sink, so, there is some other space that could have been used. Or they could have closed one of the hundreds of wrist watch stores that you see on cruise ships, bring in some cubicle petitions and made some more rooms for the staff. They didn't have to cut back on entertainment.;)

Cesar R M

Then I suppose the change was correct?
Better safe than sorry!
Specially if you consider that there were complains about lifeguards not protecting certain areas (aka some pools being "no lifeguard on duty, check your own kids" and the subsequent reported drownings)

Well, that would just be more of Disney greed. :mad: I mean they could easily have kicked off a paying customer to make room for more staff. All they care about is dollars. The Captain could have given up his quarters or they could have put some cots up in the engine room for the lifeguards. There are so many options. The lifeboats are empty until the ship starts to sink, so, there is some other space that could have been used. Or they could have closed one of the hundreds of wrist watch stores that you see on cruise ships, bring in some cubicle petitions and made some more rooms for the staff. They didn't have to cut back on entertainment.;)

Hey, at least they didnt make a d...k move like Royal Caribbean. Where they removed the well earned single cabins for 2 stripe officers in most of the older ships and shoved more people in.

raymusiccity

I started to watch it this past weekend and I couldn't get through 10 minutes.

Puzzled. I thought that the western introduction was the most engaging part of the movie :) The advanced marketing was a fiasco and ultimately greased the skids for a good movie to flop. I think that John Carter will find an audience over time. (After all, Disney lore is littered with many classics that were initially failures. Pinocchio, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and Fantasia was generally panned by the public.)

Last edited:

brb1006

Zootopia is on pace for a 70 million opening weekend! Here's to hoping it continues to be a success for a mini Zootopia in AK. I know some don't want anthropomorphic animals in AK but they could put up funny signs about the situation.
Despite Judy and Nick set to only show up at WDW for Move It Shake It Celebrate It. I hope they will be set to start meet and greets at AK in the future.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Time will tell
If the movie opens north of $70M it would be negligence on Disney's part to not exploit that success with at least a meet and greet. The logical fit is AK but with Frozen moving from DHS to EPCOT and SW land still years away I could see Disney maybe going with a temporary location at DHS. They need something for people to do in that park.

Tay

Despite Judy and Nick set to only show up at WDW for Move It Shake It Celebrate It. I hope they will be set to start meet and greets at AK in the future.
Like usual they probably didn't expect much from any non Disney purchased movie and underestimated it. After the driver's office trailer came out, people on social media and blogs who wouldn't normally go see a Disney film went crazy for the film. I just hope if Zootopia gets at least half of Frozen's hype they don't treat Moana like BH6.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom