The Spirited 11th Hour ...

betty rose

Then I suppose the change was correct?
Better safe than sorry!
Specially if you consider that there were complains about lifeguards not protecting certain areas (aka some pools being "no lifeguard on duty, check your own kids" and the subsequent reported drownings)

Hey, at least they didnt make a d...k move like Royal Caribbean. Where they removed the well earned single cabins for 2 stripe officers in most of the older ships and shoved more people in.
Didn't know this, I'm off cruising with RCL. Why does everyone have to be so greedy?

Cesar R M

If the movie opens north of $70M it would be negligence on Disney's part to not exploit that success with at least a meet and greet. The logical fit is AK but with Frozen moving from DHS to EPCOT and SW land still years away I could see Disney maybe going with a temporary location at DHS. They need something for people to do in that park.
reports already show record breaking numbers.
supposedly 73 million (plus 158 million worldwide)

Also, I hope Ratchet and Clank does good. That little studio does offer very good animation quality even if story wise are pretty vanilla (Focus Pictures and Rainmaker Entertainment )

DisneyGentleman

If the movie opens north of $70M it would be negligence on Disney's part to not exploit that success with at least a meet and greet. The logical fit is AK but with Frozen moving from DHS to EPCOT and SW land still years away I could see Disney maybe going with a temporary location at DHS. They need something for people to do in that park.
Of course we all know we should expect a Zootopia refurb of American Adventure...

ChrisM

I dont care how much you think you can train them, a velcoraptor is just a bad idea.

nq6Ze9h.jpg

TalkingHead

Puzzled. I thought that the western introduction was the most engaging part of the movie :) The advanced marketing was a fiasco and ultimately greased the skids for a good movie to flop. I think that John Carter will find an audience over time. (After all, Disney lore is littered with many classics that were initially failures. Pinocchio, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and Fantasia was generally panned by the public.)

You're mistaken about Dumbo. It was a popular moneymaker when the Studio couldn't afford another failure.

Animaniac93-98

Zootopia has the highest opening of any movie from Disney Feature Animation when not adjusting for inflation, but it still comes pretty close to what Lion King did back in 1994 (about $85 million in 2016 dollars) even when you do consider the difference in ticket price. As for overall attendence? I can't figure out a direct comparison.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In other news Iger's hope to get Disney media products distributed in China has been crushed by a 'No Foreign Media Distribution Law'.
Looks like China's new 'No Foreign Media' laws have taken care of that particular pipe dream, It's not that Foreign Media cannot be brought into China, You just need a Chinese 'Partner' to have it approved by the government censors and to do the actual distribution which effectively means the western IP holder has no control over their IP in China, This law feels like it was TAILORED to thwart Disney's ambitions in China.

Disney's Chinese venture looks worse and worse every day.

Techcrunch article for the curious.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/23/a-guide-to-chinas-new-online-publishing-rules-for-foreign-media/

Quinnmac000

In other news Iger's hope to get Disney media products distributed in China has been crushed by a 'No Foreign Media Distribution Law'.
Looks like China's new 'No Foreign Media' laws have taken care of that particular pipe dream, It's not that Foreign Media cannot be brought into China, You just need a Chinese 'Partner' to have it approved by the government censors and to do the actual distribution which effectively means the western IP holder has no control over their IP in China, This law feels like it was TAILORED to thwart Disney's ambitions in China.

Disney's Chinese venture looks worse and worse every day.

Techcrunch article for the curious.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/23/a-guide-to-chinas-new-online-publishing-rules-for-foreign-media/

Explains why Dreamworks Animation, Universal, Fox, and Legendary already got partnered up or acquired by Chinese companies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom