Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Your Zuma likes to have his belly up just like my Mo! He's 9 years old. :cat:
View attachment 455465
Totally understand about being bummed about postponing your trip. We are looking at possibly pushing our trip out a bit too. We are currently all booked for an arrival date of April 18th...I have all of the FP planned, Oga reservations, light saber making, and everything else is aligned...I know I would cry if we postpone the trip because the boys have NO idea the amount of planning I do for our trips to be special for them. In the meanwhile I will do as you do...put on the big girl panties and just keep swimming. ;)
source.gif
Mo is adorable! Zuma is a nut! She is always on her back and will stand on her back feet and high five.

I hope you still can go. Maybe, just maybe, it will not be as big of a deal as it seems like it could be.

I feel like I made the right decision considering the age of our parents. I would rather be safe than sorry. I am sad, because I had gotten so excited, but my attitude is to always just keep swimming!

My family has no clue how much time I put into planning either. I still, no matter, love the planning part. This too, shall pass!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Stay at Home order day I forget how many now, a month to go here! It is sunny and 80 and I have my survival gear for the afternoon!
29EF12F6-BA9D-48C7-91DA-21516EFBF26D.jpeg

Oh, and we are going to be having a granddaughter this time around! (Sometime around our Anniversary) 🥰 Bippiti Boppiti Boutique is hopefully in this Gigi’s future.

Hope everyone is safe and sane. We are safe,so far but not sure how sane at this point though.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We are home together. He is only working 2 days a week and emergencies. I have left the house once in over a month. 😳We are bored! Send help lol Those are two of the prettiest dogs,I have ever seen, love seeing their pics. I binged watched but so hope they shut all of that down. They don’t belong in cages.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Send Help!! No alcohol involved, it was 9:30 am. We have officially lost it. 😭 I will take the time to say, 30 years together yesterday, things like this are why we made it! Hope all you cool cats and kittens, had a Happy Easter! Seriously, Is this quarantine over yet?? 😳😭🐯View attachment 463359View attachment 463360
Congrats to you and B on 30 years together! It's nice to see you guys having fun. :joyfull:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Posting here to ask for prayers, love, and good thoughts for our little granddaughter. She is here a bit early and beautiful but is having some problems breathing and in the NICU hooked up to all kinds of monitors and oxygen. :( The Trip report forums have always been a special place for me and I just wanted to ask you guys to please if you pray, lift this little sweet baby up for us. She is having tests and scans tomorrow, please keep her on your heart. With everything going on with Co-vid, we can’t even go see her or be there for our son other than texts and talking. It is breaking my heart into! 😭

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Posting here to ask for prayers, love, and good thoughts for our little granddaughter. She is here a bit early and beautiful but is having some problems breathing and in the NICU hooked up to all kinds of monitors and oxygen. :( The Trip report forums have always been a special place for me and I just wanted to ask you guys to please if you pray, lift this little sweet baby up for us. She is having tests and scans tomorrow, please keep her on your heart. With everything going on with Co-vid, we can’t even go see her or be there for our son other than texts and talking. It is breaking my heart into! 😭
Your precious granddaughter and your family are in my thoughts and definitely, in my prayers. God willing, you'll soon be able to craddle her in your loving arms.

You're not alone.

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
My thoughts with you and your family. In normal times this would be stressful and now just so much more so.

Just remember that although this is new and scary for you all this is completely routine for the team taking care of the baby. NICU docs and RNs are amazing.

(Congrats on her arrival too!)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thank you all. I appreciate my internet Disney friends so much and every thought and prayer means the world. ❤️I feel so helpless not being able to be there but taking care of my sweet little Stinker. I just want to hold her and my son so bad right now. She is opening her eyes more now, so that is a good sign.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Oh boy. I will talk to the people I talk to when I need guidance. Keep your eyes open for a quarter...that means they hear me.
Good luck. Thinking of you.
Darstarr

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You’ve got some good thoughts and prayers coming from over here too. I can’t even begin to imagine how additionally stressful this is to not be beside your son’s side.

pkkurz

Prayers from Kentucky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom