Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ohh your eye looks so painful! Sorry to see that.
I just caught up reading and finishing your trip report, had to drive my son to a late start at school in Savannah due to Dorian. We drove right through your beautiful state on route 77 (I believe).
Enjoyed reading along and looking forward to your next report.
It feels so much better than it did an luckily so far just one eye. The drops have helped a lot but they burn like crazy when I have to use them. (Every blessed 2 hours!)
That goes through Charlotte right? We do live in a beautiful state. I think I take it for granted sometimes. Thanks for reading. :)
Sorry about the shingles. I’ve known a few people who have had them and said the pain is excruciating. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Thanks, much better today but I would not wish them on my worst enemy. Especially inside the eye. Hopefully I caught it before more scarring. The last time really affected my vision. :-/

Laura Loves Tigger

Shingles is awful. My husband got shingles next to his eye when he was 52. His sister got them 3 months after he did and she is 3 years younger than he. At my next doctor visit I told her I wanted the shot. She said I was too young (52) and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I insisted and she gave it to me, and my insurance did cover it. I think you sometimes need to be a little insistent with your doctor.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Shingles is awful. My husband got shingles next to his eye when he was 52. His sister got them 3 months after he did and she is 3 years younger than he. At my next doctor visit I told her I wanted the shot. She said I was too young (52) and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I insisted and she gave it to me, and my insurance did cover it. I think you sometimes need to be a little insistent with your doctor.
Thank you, I feel much better eye wise but did dig at a spot on my scalp til it bled in the night. :-/ I just hope that doesn’t leave a Psoriasis spot. Their whole thing is they want me to be 50. I just turned 46. I was right at 42 when I first got them. My immune system is trash but I am going to get a second opinion on the shot after being told no over and over. I don’t think if you get it, as many times as I have, age should matter. As far as the insurance- the drops for my eye, (170 bucks, for eye drops!) the eye doctor visits and regular doctor so many times, just in eye visits you have to go every few days, then every week, every two, so on- make no sense either!

Laura Loves Tigger

You are so right about the expenses the insurance is covering for your treatment. Glad you're getting a second opinion. I know shingles is more likely to occur the older you get, but it doesn't make sense when you have gotten it so young and multiple times.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Some Disneyland Paris ducks for you 😀

And look @Darstarr - the trunk is up 😉View attachment 412847
It makes me smile every time someone tags me in a Disney Duck post! Thank you @Swissmiss - this made me smile and I can see it clearly, thank goodness!
Sorry to hear you've got shingles again, I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you, so much better today, other than eye drop time and being stuck wearing glasses. 😑 I hate wearing glasses.

Pool day today with this guy, I sat in the shade of an umbrella while he splashed like crazy. I don’t ever remember it being warm enough this time of year in a long time to comfortably get in the pool!
Look at those raisin toes!
A4FC395A-19E5-4970-959E-07562E5CFC33.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
1) Thanks for the TR. i enjoyed reading along.

2) sorry to hear about the shingles.

There are now 2 different shingles vaccines. The older one, Zostavax, contains a live but weakened version of the virus, which may be part of the reason they share hesitant to give it to you with immune system issues.

The newest one, Shingrix, is made from dead viruses which is safer for people with immune system issues. It unfortunately has been on shortage pretty much since it came out though. ☹️ If your dr will let you get it early you might have to be on a waiting list for a bit to get it. Make sure wherever you get it from can guarantee they will have the 2nd dose available for you too.

MickeyCB

It feels so much better than it did an luckily so far just one eye. The drops have helped a lot but they burn like crazy when I have to use them. (Every blessed 2 hours!)
That goes through Charlotte right? We do live in a beautiful state. I think I take it for granted sometimes. Thanks for reading. :)
First, yikes on the bear!!
Your grandson is so cute in that pic, he looks like he could be in the movies!
And yes, it goes through Charlotte. And I agree, as we drive down through the mountains it is beautiful!

PacNWTigger

I hate to post again, in a complete report...
but, bet I don’t try to tame or pet this fella. 😑View attachment 415762

(Not at my house, my son’s, but still!) 😳
So random...my guy told me that in a dream last night Kricket was going to fight off a bear for us...I hadn't even told him about YOUR bear!!

I can't even picture my silly girl thinking about fending off a bear!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Excited to throw out that we may have a plan in place for our next visit. It will still be a bigger break than what we have done the past year, but.... I am thrilled to say it is most likely going to be a West Coast visit!!! I have B actually talking about it, which is a big step for him. Cross your fingers for me. I really want to go back to Disneyland. I may or may not be using how I want to see where my Grandmother grew up etc to coax him into it but whatever. (I mean, I would like to explore and see that stuff, so....)

And look at my little Avenger! He adores Captain America. His Halloween costume. He has the pose down!
I ❤️ this kid!
1A9D5B31-5CB6-4862-806E-1214E2952B22.jpeg

krisri18

Excited to throw out that we may have a plan in place for our next visit. It will still be a bigger break than what we have done the past year, but.... I am thrilled to say it is most likely going to be a West Coast visit!!! I have B actually talking about it, which is a big step for him. Cross your fingers for me. I really want to go back to Disneyland. I may or may not be using how I want to see where my Grandmother grew up etc to coax him into it but whatever. (I mean, I would like to explore and see that stuff, so....)

And look at my little Avenger! He adores Captain America. His Halloween costume. He has the pose down!
I ❤ this kid! View attachment 416805
The sheriff Woody socks are a nice touch , very cute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom