Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

donaldtoo

Posting here to ask for prayers, love, and good thoughts for our little granddaughter. She is here a bit early and beautiful but is having some problems breathing and in the NICU hooked up to all kinds of monitors and oxygen. :( The Trip report forums have always been a special place for me and I just wanted to ask you guys to please if you pray, lift this little sweet baby up for us. She is having tests and scans tomorrow, please keep her on your heart. With everything going on with Co-vid, we can’t even go see her or be there for our son other than texts and talking. It is breaking my heart into! 😭

I don't normally post in the TR threads, but, when I ran across your post I had to respond.
Our 1lb. 4oz. miracle DS will be 28 yrs. old this October...yes, you "heard" that correctly...1lb. 4oz., and almost 28 years ago.
His main nurse from back then has been the head of the NICU at the hospital he was born in for 2 decades now, and the strides in preemie care they have made since our DS was born are amazing...!!!
I have every confidence she will be fine, and grow up as happy and healthy as a "normal" birthweight child.
In the meantime, all the prayers the world can spare for her and all of y'all…!!! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Your precious granddaughter and your family are in my thoughts and definitely, in my prayers. God willing, you'll soon be able to craddle her in your loving arms.

You're not alone.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your new little granddaughter.
I am so very sorry, that is heartbreaking. All my best thoughts are sent your way.
My thoughts with you and your family. In normal times this would be stressful and now just so much more so.

Just remember that although this is new and scary for you all this is completely routine for the team taking care of the baby. NICU docs and RNs are amazing.

(Congrats on her arrival too!)
Oh boy. I will talk to the people I talk to when I need guidance. Keep your eyes open for a quarter...that means they hear me.
Good luck. Thinking of you.
Darstarr
You’ve got some good thoughts and prayers coming from over here too. I can’t even begin to imagine how additionally stressful this is to not be beside your son’s side.
Sending all best thoughts and wishes. Hope the baby’s mom is doing ok?
Prayers from Kentucky
All my thoughts, prayers & love are with you all.
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there.

🙏
Praying for your family.
Sending positive thoughts for you and your family. Hope you get the very best news soon.
And hope you get some cuddles with your new Stinker asap. ❤❤
Praying for you and your family 🙏
Praying for more progress. 🙏
Oh @DisneyGigi I was really hoping for just all good news and baby pics today.

Glad to hear she’s making progress with her breathing.

Seeing any baby with all those tubes is tough. I can’t imagine seeing them on your baby’s baby. *hugs*
She's so sweet, keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
Continued prayers. She is absolutely beautiful & thank you for the update. Hang in there.
More prayers and good thoughts 🙏
She is beautiful, I'm thinking of you all and sending good thoughts to you and your family.
Praying for this sweet little girl and your whole family.
So adorable!
I will keep you all in my thoughts.
Thank you for the update and the wonderful pic! My thoughts are with you guys.
Sending lots of prayers, but that sounds like good news!

My nieces were born at 32 weeks and had tubes for oxygen, feeding, everything. They came home about a week later and are now 6 years old and everything is good!
SENDING PRAYERS AND THINKING OF YOUR WHOLE FAMILY! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!
What a cutie - sending more thoughts and prayers that the news just keeps getting better and better 😊
Glad to hear about the good test results! I've been thinking about all of you.
Praise God for the good news! I'll keep praying that she keeps getting stronger.
I don't normally post in the TR threads, but, when I ran across your post I had to respond.
Our 1lb. 4oz. miracle DS will be 28 yrs. old this October...yes, you "heard" that correctly...1lb. 4oz., and almost 28 years ago.
His main nurse from back then has been the head of the NICU at the hospital he was born in for 2 decades now, and the strides in preemie care they have made since our DS was born are amazing...!!!
I have every confidence she will be fine, and grow up as happy and healthy as a "normal" birthweight child.
In the meantime, all the prayers the world can spare for her and all of y'all…!!! :)

Now that I have more than just a few minutes to update, I just wanted to make sure that I tagged each of you that commented to say thank you. We have a very special little community here on these boards, especially the trip reports. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in person and so many of you, I feel like I almost know from your comments over the years on my reports and reading yours. So from the very bottom of my heart, Thank you. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, we have gotten so much good news today and I am so thankful. I know she isn’t out of the woods just yet but we are in such a better place than we were this time yesterday. She is still off of the breathing tube and she has eaten with a bottle, not the feeding tube!

Again, thank you all so much, for every thought and prayer sent our way. I appreciate my Disney *family* so much! ❤😘
0B672C16-DB5C-45CB-8E24-DBFCF2CE8430.jpeg

Loco_driver

Now that I have more than just a few minutes to update, I just wanted to make sure that I tagged each of you that commented to say thank you. We have a very special little community here on these boards, especially the trip reports. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in person and so many of you, I feel like I almost know from your comments over the years on my reports and reading yours. So from the very bottom of my heart, Thank you. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, we have gotten so much good news today and I am so thankful. I know she isn’t out of the woods just yet but we are in such a better place than we were this time yesterday. She is still off of the breathing tube and she has eaten with a bottle, not the feeding tube!

Again, thank you all so much, for every thought and prayer sent our way. I appreciate my Disney *family* so much! ❤😘
View attachment 492111
Thank you for the update. Glad to hear some better news today. Will continue to keep that sweet girl and her family in our prayers!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!😭 It gave me cold chills and made me cry. What a miracle you have. ❤ I can’t even begin to imagine how tiny he was and how much you went through worrying or how protective you still are of him to this day.

She did have weight on her side even a couple of weeks early. My son said there are so many small ones in the NICU and they have been calling her their Big Girl. Still have to watch her and pray but you are right she is good hands all the way around.

Last edited:

Pirate Magic

View attachment 492111

She is so beautiful!!! She is a little angel!!!!😇

donaldtoo

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!😭 It gave me cold chills and made me cry. What a miracle you have. ❤ I can’t even begin to imagine how tiny he was and how much you went through worrying or how protective you still are of him to this day.

She did have weight on her side even a couple of weeks early. My son said there are so many small ones in the NICU and they have been calling her their Big Girl. Still have to watch her and pray but you are right she is good hands all the way around.

Oh my, didn’t intend to make anyone cry, but, I’m sooo very glad to hear she is doing so well...!!! :)
Our DSs story has given so many families in similar situations so much hope over the years, that I just felt the need to share, and I hope it has helped, even if only just a little.
Better care these days, weight on her side, and, although they didn’t tell us in the beginning of DSs 4.5 month NICU adventure ;), preemie girls tend to do much better than preemie boys.

Below is a pic his main nurse took of him 2 days after he was born (notice the Bic pen in the pic for size reference - his head was the size of a tennis ball). He also weighed as little as 1lb. 2oz. at one point before he started gaining weight again...

EB327C04-0306-4797-B0D3-5F6ECAB0EA2D.jpeg

And, here he is last Christmas morning 27+ years later...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

34395FE1-7A2E-41AE-855F-FFAE3152196C.jpeg

Again, my sincerest prayers for her, and blessings for all of y’all for many happy and joyous years together to come...!!! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Oh my, didn’t intend to make anyone cry, but, I’m sooo very glad to hear she is doing so well...!!! :)
Our DSs story has given so many families in similar situations so much hope over the years, that I just felt the need to share, and I hope it has helped, even if only just a little.
Better care these days, weight on her side, and, although they didn’t tell us in the beginning of DSs 4.5 month NICU adventure ;), preemie girls tend to do much better than preemie boys.

Below is a pic his main nurse took of him 2 days after he was born (notice the Bic pen in the pic for size reference - his head was the size of a tennis ball). He also weighed as little as 1lb. 2oz. at one point before he started gaining weight again...

View attachment 492142

View attachment 492143

Again, my sincerest prayers for her, and blessings for all of y’all for many happy and joyous years together to come...!!! :)
My cry was a good cry, ❤️ Such an amazing story. It blessed me reading, and these photos as well. Thank you and much love to you guys. You are sooo blessed.:) I can see why, with you sharing this sweet story of your life, and sending us prayers. God bless you and your sweet son and family! ❤️

donaldtoo

My cry was a good cry, ❤ Such an amazing story. It blessed me reading, and these photos as well. Thank you and much love to you guys. You are sooo blessed.:) I can see why, with you sharing this sweet story of your life, and sending us prayers. God bless you and your sweet son and family! ❤

Thank you so very much...!!! :)
Bet y’all just can’t wait to get her to Disney for the first time...looking forward to seeing y’all with her on her very first trip...!!!!!!! 🏰:joyfull::)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thank you so very much...!!! :)
Bet y’all just can’t wait to get her to Disney for the first time...looking forward to seeing y’all with her on her very first trip...!!!!!!! 🏰:joyfull::)
Oh, she has a date with her Gigi, around 2. And tons of Princess dresses, toys in between!
Thank you again, I am printing and sharing with my Disney obsessed son, all these posts. He doesn’t post but he reads my reports. He is thankful for you guys as well. ❤️

fractal

View attachment 492142

View attachment 492143

Thanks for sharing that! Almost made me cry.

Minnesota disney fan

So glad to hear your grand daughter is doing better.
I have a premie story too. My son was born December 21st, l970 but was Due on February 14th, l971!!! At that time, l970, he was on the edge of being able to survive. He was in the hospital for weeks and came home weighing 4# plus a few ounces. He couldn't suck so had to be massaged to get 1 or 2 ounces down him, so he was fed every 2 hours for 3 months! I still don't know how I did it? It was worth every sleepless night. He is now 6ft, 2 inches and in perfect health! Miracles happen every day, and I am sure yours will too.
As a side note: I have a friend who had a preemie too and he is 6 ft 7 inches, a huge man. I have talked with other people who had preemies and it seems they catch up and surpass it most of the time. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
She is so beautiful!!! She is a little angel!!!!😇
Thank you so much! ❤️
So glad to hear your grand daughter is doing better.
I have a premie story too. My son was born December 21st, l970 but was Due on February 14th, l971!!! At that time, l970, he was on the edge of being able to survive. He was in the hospital for weeks and came home weighing 4# plus a few ounces. He couldn't suck so had to be massaged to get 1 or 2 ounces down him, so he was fed every 2 hours for 3 months! I still don't know how I did it? It was worth every sleepless night. He is now 6ft, 2 inches and in perfect health! Miracles happen every day, and I am sure yours will too.
As a side note: I have a friend who had a preemie too and he is 6 ft 7 inches, a huge man. I have talked with other people who had preemies and it seems they catch up and surpass it most of the time. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.
I just couldn’t imagine what you guys that had really early babies went through and thank you too for sharing your story of your little miracle with me. I can’t even think how scary it was then. So much progress medically over the years, especially with babies. She was just a couple of weeks early and weighed a normal weight. Just something happened a couple hours after she was born. I went to bed thinking everything was okay and woke up to it all being upside down. So insanely scary.
On the weight, and grown height, lol, My son was born early, not too much a week and half- but they induced my labor, because they were afraid he would grow too much in that last little bit. He weighed 9 and 1/2 pounds early so a good thing! He is 6’5. I wonder if his birth weight helped her out a bit, weight wise?
I'm a little late to the prayers but it looks like your granddaughter is doing better, so prayer sent that she continues to get better.
Thank you for the prayers, she still needs them. ❤️

Today has been another good day, she is still eating on her own and apparently fusses up a storm when she is put down! A very good sign! And no breathing tube still, so very good.
A week ago I was so stressing over no anniversary trip to Disney this year, here is to hoping I may get to hold her on my anniversary instead. Disney World can wait. 😘 Funny how life can can do that to ya. 🙏🏻

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Now that would be an AWESOME anniversary present! I hope you get it 😍

So our 28th wedding anniversary is Friday the 28th and my son just told me if she continues to keep doing as well as she is she may can come home the end of the week!!! I may actually get a anniversary snuggle. 😍😍

No problems breathing, no breathing tube still, no feeding tube, and for now as long as her glucose and everything stays okay no IV! Her little face is irritated from all those things that were stuck to her but other than that so much progress.

A sweet little close up, she actually can be bundled up all the time now like a baby should be. The first thing I said when I got the first pic of her all hooked up, was oh Bubba, (I call my son Bubba, for Brother) she is going to be cold. I don’t know why that was such a strong feeling but it got to me as bad as the wires and tubes. (He reassured me the bed was heated)
D2EEADE9-2948-438A-AE15-C40382EC9F89.jpeg

And Stinker just drew the most awesome Captain America & Spider-Man, so cute I had to include it. Yes, I know I am biased but....
156A059F-B460-4651-86E3-4E674E1F664B.jpeg

and I just found out that while all this with the baby was going on that there is canning jar and lid shortage on top of Clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer. 😑Knew I should have bought lids sooner. If anybody happens to see them available online at normal price- 4 bucks or so for 12 lids please let me know where.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So, guess who came today?? And I also got 50 roses delivered, a little early. Can you say a good day? 😍🙏🏻

3945B953-8C6E-4BC6-9E21-943AFB7248E1.jpeg

PS does she not look like her daddy? Minus the bow??
506FCDD3-C7B7-4A3A-BFDF-A894920F5FD0.jpeg

I will be holding her before my anniversary. So thankful. So blessed.

Both of my stinkers together!
F8371C8D-AA4A-44EF-9C0E-5A9009A09D0F.jpeg

B is a smart man, he orders flowers straight from the source, they come with all the thorns and guard petals, you peel that off and magic happens. I will update once I get them in vases, gorgeous and they don’t die as buds, they get softball size. You can watch it hapoen
❤️
2221F897-0527-4A2B-9800-5E64E393BCDA.jpeg
98EFA3AF-85E8-415C-A230-F658AA4AB46D.jpeg

18D368E2-AF8F-4D6A-B9EB-559FF74146F7.jpeg

Thank you guys again, if all goes well, I may have a pre-trip report coming up soon.
❤️ Appreciate you guys so much!! She is home!!!!

fractal

So, guess who came today?? And I also got 50 roses delivered, a little early. Can you say a good day? 😍🙏🏻

View attachment 493050

PS does she not look like her daddy? Minus the bow??
View attachment 493051
I will be holding her before my anniversary. So thankful. So blessed.

Both of my stinkers together! View attachment 493057

B is a smart man, he orders flowers straight from the source, they come with all the thorns and guard petals, you peel that off and magic happens. I will update once I get them in vases, gorgeous and they don’t die as buds, they get softball size. You can watch it hapoen

View attachment 493052View attachment 493053
View attachment 493056

Thank you guys again, if all goes well, I may have a pre-trip report coming up soon.
❤ Appreciate you guys so much!! She is home!!!!

Wonderful news! God bless her!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom