The Official Hurricane Jeanne thread

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Palm Beach County schools are closed tomorrow..... :sohappy:

Went out on the roads today, nothing is open except a gas station or two, so we drove farther south to Boca Raton, where everything is open. The movie theater, Boomers! (a big arcade- karts- mini-golf place), the mall, restaurants.....all open.

The Mom

Premium Member
Jeanne is more or less here. We lost power for about 1&1/2 hours, but it's back, for now. I have no doubt that it'll go out again, since the worst weather is still to come. Cable is down, so no TV to speak of.

We're all boarded up (we were supposed to have Jeanne cross over us as a category 1 or 2) so I'll just call it a night, and see what the morning brings. No school for my son, and no clinic for my husband, but as far as we know, he's still operating in the AM.

The Killer Tree's brother isn't looking so good right now...I don't think it'll be standing tomorrow.

Tramp

The Mom said:
Jeanne is more or less here.

The Killer Tree's brother isn't looking so good right now...I don't think it'll be standing tomorrow.

I hope Jeanne lost most of it's punch by the time it got up to you.

Check in with us as soon as you can tomorrow just to let us know you're ok...I'm really worried about you. :kiss:

Tramp

PhotoDave219 said:
Were fine now that the winds shifted..... Next hurricane... well next hurricane i leave town!

It's good you're ok, Dave...you guys have got to be slap-happy by now...damn! :)

tigger248

Just finally got caught up with this thread. I hope that everyone is doing well. I'm still keeping all of you in my prayers! These storms all seem so unfair to you guys! I hope that there are no more to follow. It's kinda ironic because while you guys are getting flooded, we're having a drought.

DDuckFan130

We were once again REALLY LUCKY here in Miami-Dade County. We got pretty much rain and a lot of wind like we did with Frances, but unlike Frances, we didn't lose power this time around. My brother and dad were able to board up easily this time and they already took most of it down today. Hope everyone seriously affected gets through it ok :wave: :).

I also heard on the news that after Sept. 30, we shouldn't expect more storms from I forgot the name of the thing (in Spanish they called it Cabo Verde) where they start all the way out there in the Atlantic and have time to strengthen. For the next two months we have to mainly keep an eye out in the Gulf and Caribbean since the waters there are hot. Don't know if I made much sense. Sorry if I didn't.

TimeTrip

This photo is up on foxnews:

jeanne_epcot_450.jpg

tigsmom

Wow that some picture. I've really just had a chance to read thru the posts (its been a rough week).

I just can't imagine what you have all been going thru these last 6 weeks...please stay safe.

tigger248

TimeTrip said:
This photo is up on foxnews:

jeanne_epcot_450.jpg

Wow! Poor Epcot.

Seriously though, I hope all is well with everyone and that no one has any major damage! Please stay safe. This past month and a half must have been hell for all of you in Florida. Hopefully this is the last of those darned hurricanes. You're all still in my thoughts and prayers.

DDuckFan130 said:
I also heard on the news that after Sept. 30, we shouldn't expect more storms from I forgot the name of the thing (in Spanish they called it Cabo Verde) where they start all the way out there in the Atlantic and have time to strengthen. For the next two months we have to mainly keep an eye out in the Gulf and Caribbean since the waters there are hot. Don't know if I made much sense. Sorry if I didn't.

My only problem with that is it's based on historical data. This season has not followed history of any kind. I'm keeping my eye on the entire basin from here to Africa until December! :wave:

MKCustodial

PhotoDave219 said:
And the Wand is Still Standing!

That picture got published on the 1st page of our biggest newspaper. I came in today thinking about posting it. :lol: And also, to check out if everybody is ok. The last three 'canes, there were brief mentions on our paper, but no images of the parks, just the general destruction. For them to put up an Epcot picture (which they called Epcot Center, guess they're stuck in the 80's :lol: ) I figured this one could have been worse than the others.

So, everybody good? :p

Hey Rob, the first time ever I saw this, but they called Magic Kingdom "Reino Encantado" on the paper! :lol: :lol: The park's name had never been translated before!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom