The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

This poor tree keeps trying to hold on!
4851Pict0006_2_.jpg

barnum42

As regular readers may recal my Saturday flight was cancelled and I was able to get a new flight with USAirways on Tuesday. Seems that flight is now at risk, but US Airways will allow me to change the flight date.

Seems I could be back shuffling dates again provided I can get work to OK the changes. Also, as I mentioned in a separate thread Disney have agreed to extend my Annual Pass expiry date to cover any changes.

Hope all our local friends are staying safe and that it stays that way :wave:

boo52

If you want to see live webcam of the Castle sign into Yahoo Mesenger. Boo52m is the screen name and view my webcam. Will keep it up as long as we have power here.

Kwit35 said:
Yep, did anyone see the guy get hit by the tree falling over, behind him. He was in the middle of his broadcast. I think he was from Fox.
I saw that..."Hello, Mr. Darwin, I have something you might want to see..."

dalton30720

boo52 said:
If you want to see live webcam of the Castle sign into Yahoo Mesenger. Boo52m is the screen name and view my webcam. Will keep it up as long as we have power here.

Boo52: Excellent live webcam. Thanks for the view.

barnum42

chancellor said:
Barnum, good idea you didn't come into Tampa yesterday. The airport is closed and the weather here is deteriorating rapidly.
Unsurprisingly the airline thought better of it the morning following the offer, so the flight never took place.

Kwit35

Laura22 said:
How do I view the webcam? I havent used Yahoo messenger in years, but I downloaded it just to see!
Just add Boo to your buddy list, you will see a prompt next to the name.

Figment1986

wow. alot of info i missed....

I got out from TIA yesterday around 1:00p.m. So it must have closed after us...

(i hate flying, esp Us. Air... The hole flight was terribly terbulant...)
Great Images and graphis, especially, before, during after ones.....

Tornado

I got friends from the UK staying in the Pop Century....praying that they get through this OK, we don't get much experience like this in th UK.

Buzzforprez

How can everything else in Florida be ripped apart by these hurricanes yet the hat and the wand still stand???!!!??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please stay safe. Everything else can be fixed or replaced. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

barnum42

Tornado said:
I got friends from the UK staying in the Pop Century....praying that they get through this OK, we don't get much experience like this in th UK.
I would not worry - a lot of the locals head to Pop Century and it's sister hotels as they are very strong steel and concrete buildings. PhotDave and MKT stayed there for Charley.

chancellor

Figment1986 said:
I got out from TIA yesterday around 1:00p.m. So it must have closed after us...
It closed late yesterday. You are probably lucky to have gotten out - the news last night was reporting (after 5pm) that they were turning people away as they cancelled all flights.

The wind is really picking up here and I've had a few blips in the power, but so far it's holding out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom