The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

figmentmom

Buzzforprez said:
How can everything else in Florida be ripped apart by these hurricanes yet the hat and the wand still stand?

...hee hee...they must have them staked to China... :lookaroun :lol:

jrriddle

boo52 said:
If you want to see live webcam of the Castle sign into Yahoo Mesenger. Boo52m is the screen name and view my webcam. Will keep it up as long as we have power here.
Thanks for the view Boo, be safe!

TravisMT81

14127226.jpg

Downtown Orlando Marriott from OrlandoSentinal.com

MissM

Bah! I can't get blogger to load so I can't update my journal. I don't know why or what the hell's going on with them, but it utterly won't load. It just says, "Loading...." and never does anything. I don't even get a timeout notice from the site. It's infuriating!

Anyway, the winds have been howling all night. And the storm is inching its way closer to us:

frances-radar-9-5-04.jpg

(I'm in the yellow circle)

The trees are already throwing branches and debris all over the parking lot:

frances-outside1.jpg

And you can just hear the wind blow so hard......gust and then settle down. Neighboring counties to the west have lost power and cable just recently, so I might be next. So I had wanted to give one more update for the time being.

We're hanging in there. We have all day and into the night yet to deal with this. Frances is only moving like 9mph now at the moment, so it's still a lot of hurry up and wait. But the winds have definately been howling all night, though not much rain yet where I am. Inland more is getting rain from what I understand, but not us yet.

You can see live info, animated maps and updated paths here: weathercenter.com

*The news is reporting that it's on it's way to us right now. Expect hurricane force winds. Just passing through Lakeland right now, and going to be entering Hillsborough and Pinellas counties soon. Exit point projected for New Port Richey (in Pasco County, mere miles north of Clearwater).

Keep wishing us luck guys, we're in for a long ride still and the worst is yet to come.
-m

The Mom

Premium Member
Right now I have power, but no cable. However, just down the road they don't have power. I just know that damn tree is going to take out that new transformer before the day is through...or even more likely, it'll drop a branch when you least expect it...like a month from now. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, one of the repair crew was here when it dropped a limb on my husband's car. He was ticked, but not surprised, that the city still hadn't taken it down. Had it not been the middle of the night, he would have taken the last branch down himself.

Horizons1

The major part of the storm is passing here through Lakeland right now. Its nuts! Very strong winds,very heavy rain, about 2-3 pine trees are about to fall on the horse barn but luckily we still have power and cable. Its gonna be one major clean up when this thing is over.

cindy_k

Still hanging here at SSR. Disney gave us new movies to watch at 1pm. We now have Rookie, Atlantis, Peter Pan, Its a Bug Life, Tower of Terror, Lilo and Stitch, Mulan, Lion King 2, Three Musketeers and some other ones. They listed them all on the voice mail and I didn't right them all down.

From our window, (we are on the end of the building facing the main pool area) there are no trees down. Just a lot of blowing wind and rain and some ducks.

We are hoping in dies down enough are dinner that they will open Artist Palette for dinner. We are just getting tired of looking at these walls. Though I shouldn't complain, we decided to upgrade to a 1 bedroom on Friday when we realized that we might be stuck inside all weekend.

steineymel

Aiyeee!!!! It's looking lessand less likely that I will be able to fly into MCO on Teusday afternoon. Things seem to be worsening by the minute. For those of you riding out the hurricane good luck guys!

Melodi

speck76

steineymel said:
Aiyeee!!!! It's looking lessand less likely that I will be able to fly into MCO on Teusday afternoon. Things seem to be worsening by the minute. For those of you riding out the hurricane good luck guys!

Melodi

I am not sure why this would be the case, unless flights are very backed up. Things seem to be calming down here.

TimeTrip

Sigh.. i'm still without power here, and probably wont get it back until at least tomorrow. Right now I'm going through all the ice cream hehehe :)

HorizonsMan

Alright im still here and still alive with power water etc, hope fully with gods will i will still have it, ill saty on long enough or at least til the next power outage and surge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom