The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

GoCamels

Original Poster
I thought it would be smart to start one now, JUST IN CASE.

Frances is in a position that many of the major storms have developed this time of the year in the past. And so as to not fragment the board like happened with Charley, I figured lets kick off now.

Although history is in Florida's favor that two major storms have not passed over the same general area in the same season...but it could still happen, and I fear to even imagine what would happen.

For those planning trips to WDW, a time frame to guess would be 10-15 days out before being a threat to Florida. With that in mind, think Sunday 9/6 thru Saturday 9/11 as being the likely scenario of a threat looking at many of the forecast models...which have a low reliability this far out. Our last three big ones in NC (Fran, Floyd, Isabel) have been right around this time. I've already spoken with the National Hurricane Center this evening, and they reminded me of that fact.

And If you haven't done so, call 1-800-HELP-NOW to make a donation to the American Red Cross if you want to help those most affected by Charley.

As we always do here on "The Hurricane Coast"...Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

StevenT

Woah, just like Charley I didn't even know about this one. I didn't know about Charley until the Wed. before and it ended up coming really close to us Friday. I really need to watch the news more. Good luck in NC, seems like you guys get hit way more than us here in FL.

Atta83

The think is she is out in the atlantic right now and can do anything. There have been hurricanes that start out this far and have not hit land, while others do hit land. The thing is to always be prepared!!!! Make sure you have your items stocked and dont get them till the last minute when everyone else is getting them. My dad has all our plywood bought and ready since we moved here two years ago and he checks it before and after hurricane season to make sure it is up to standards.

Thebriarpatch

Keepting my eye on this one... Flying out of Boston for MCO Thursday the 2nd!!

Heres to hoping Disney wishing upon the stars will keep her at sea!!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
GoCamels said:
I thought it would be smart to start one now, JUST IN CASE.

As we always do here on "The Hurricane Coast"...Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Exactly. There were too many people who were killed because they weren't keeping up with Charley, or didn't take the warnings seriously. I'm afraid the destruction couldn't have been prevented, but certainly less people would have died had they evacuated to safer structures. It's not a guarantee, certainly, but at least a stab at increasing your chances of survival.

Locally, Publix has a program to add a donation to your grocery bill. It's pretty painless and requires little action on my part. :animwink: (ie, I don't have to pick up a phone, or find a stamp and envelope, etc)

dandaman

I feel sorry for you guys with the hurricanes (then again, you are closer to the magic...). I was sad to hear about Charley. I found it amusing that people were writing "Bring it, Charley!" on their boarded windows... But still, hang in there and good luck with cleaning up (still), and let's all hope Frances stays put!

mypalStitch

We will be in WDW from Sept. 8th to Sept 14th. You bet I will be watching this one! My husband is a weather nut so I am sure he will tell me all about it! Here's to hoping it stays out at sea away from land!!!:wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ugh... i hope not another one. Thank god I still haven't removed the tape from my windows.

I may have to ride this one out elsewhere

TheDisneyGirl02

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you in the Orlando area! I was there for Charley! Good luck and I hope that it steers clear of Orlando and Disney!

PhotoDave219

Oh god people, is the sky falling? This thing is at least a week to 10 days from land. Worth watching but nothing to start freaking out about.

And yes, i'd prefer that it steer clear of here. Once Cat 4 hurricane was enough for my lifetime...

tigsmom

The Mom said:
Locally, Publix has a program to add a donation to your grocery bill. It's pretty painless and requires little action on my part. :animwink: (ie, I don't have to pick up a phone, or find a stamp and envelope, etc)

WalMart here in NY is doing the same thing. (my little bit of help is on it way)

:wave:

Atta83

I think it will hit further up the western coast. All we can hope for is a strong front to push it north. But as right now anything is possible.....;)

*MichelleP*

Some of the people on the local news are talking like it has already happened!
I think the shock factor of what recently happened is really exacerbating the whole thing. Like PhotoDave219 said, it is days away from doing anything!

Lee

Adventurer
Well, I rode the last one out at WDW...worked fine.
I guess I'll have to run up there if this one heads this way. :animwink:

Shaman

NemoRocks78 said:
If it's on its way to South Florida, you know where I will be. :animwink:
Ditto...enduring Andrew is enough of a Hurricane experience for me...I'll be hitting the road if its higher than a Cat 2 and its headed this way....

For now its wait and see...

Figment1986

if it hits FLA that will suck...

Having two major storms hitting FLA in the same place....

I hope the storm starys away.. if not im going to Disney World... cause i know thats safe to ride storms out in....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom