The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Tim G

Photos Before, During And After Hurricane Francis

(o)

Attachments

• PuertoRico.jpg
    PuertoRico.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 299
  • RefugeFriends.jpg
    RefugeFriends.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Seasideminuet.jpg
    Seasideminuet.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 291
  • SheriffBoca.jpg
    SheriffBoca.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 270

Tim G

>|<

Attachments

• StayingPut.jpg
    StayingPut.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 297
  • StockingSupplies.jpg
    StockingSupplies.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 258
  • SurfersDelight.jpg
    SurfersDelight.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 281
  • TakeThatFrances.jpg
    TakeThatFrances.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 278

Tim G

:(:(

Attachments

• TreeCar.jpg
    TreeCar.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 258
  • TreesDown.jpg
    TreesDown.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 256
  • WaitingInLine.jpg
    WaitingInLine.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 279
  • StopTree.jpg
    StopTree.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 245

Tim G

<$>

Attachments

• LongWood.jpg
    LongWood.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 238
  • SprayPaint2.jpg
    SprayPaint2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 243
  • SprayPaint.jpg
    SprayPaint.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 251

chancellor

Things are getting blustery around Tampa this morning. We actually had the first rain band last night around 5pm, when the eye was still sitting off the East coast. Some people in St. Pete lost power that early. I haven't had any power problems yet, but they eye of then-tropical-storm-Frances is supposed to cut across here tonight. I think we're between rain bands right now, so things aren't too bad yet.

On the theme park topic, Busch Gardens was open yesterday, but not today. And they closed Tampa airport.

Erika

I keep wondering how Cocoa Beach is looking. Even though my grandma and great aunt have both passed away, I have so many happy memories there that I still feel very emotionally tied to the area. It's been evacuated so everyone there should be safe- I just hope they all have homes to come back to. I'm afraid half of them are probably under water.

speck76

Atta83 said:
Looks like you have not lost any trees over there yet.

No, Charley took down the weaker trees, and ripped enough branches and leaves off of the others that most should be ok....there are 1 or 2 that I can see that have been pushed over.

Kadee

Guys, thanks for all the updates! Y'all are better than the weather channel. Keep them coming for as long as you can.

And PLEASE!!! STAY SAFE!!!!! My prayers are with you all.

figmentmom

Kadee said:
Guys, thanks for all the updates! Y'all are better than the weather channel. Keep them coming for as long as you can.

And PLEASE!!! STAY SAFE!!!!! My prayers are with you all.

Absolutely.

And speaking of the weather channel, I keep wishing those guys (and girls) broadcasting live from beaches and deserted traffic intersections would get OUT of the wind and rain - how long is it going to be before we watch one of them get killed by a windswept sign, or falling tree or traffic light?!?

speck76

figmentmom said:
Absolutely.

And speaking of the weather channel, I keep wishing those guys (and girls) broadcasting live from beaches and deserted traffic intersections would get OUT of the wind and rain - how long is it going to be before we watch one of them get killed by a windswept sign, or falling tree or traffic light?!?

No kidding, it's like "Yes, we believe you, it is windy and rainy, we don't need to see it to believe it!"

The local Fox news in Orlando is doing the same thing (they all are) but they were showing some of the reporters from other stations getting pelted with sand and rain, barely able to stand, or to talk due to the wind.

Kwit35

figmentmom said:
Absolutely.

Yep, did anyone see the guy get hit by the tree falling over, behind him. He was in the middle of his broadcast. I think he was from Fox.

I'm still here. Just woke up. I finally was able to go to sleep around 3:30 in the morning. We lost power sometime last night, but it's back on. We also lost our cable for a bit but the modem stayed on. It's pretty windy here. The entire front wall of my apartment building is creaking. We're just expecting it to get worse.

TimeTrip

Well.. we just lost power here a few minutes ago. I heard some smart people running generators nearby.

frances4.jpg

Not sure how much longer I'll be hangin around here :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom