The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Mikey73181

Man I've been flipping between like Fox News and CNN and the Weather Channel and stuff...and things look TERRIBLE on the feeds their showing...rain is going sideways, tree branches all around.....good luck everyone...

TimeTrip

Gail Hayden said:
Not sure how you missed this, but, here goes:

No.. i didn't miss it. But when i turned on the news at 11pm for the latest update they stated that the NHC said they predicted landfall at 5am. Now, that probably does mean the center of the storm. Parts of the eyewall have certainly made landfall, but not the center of the storm. Also, I really didn't need to see that blaringly large text.. again. I wonder where corrus pulled that headline from.. it had Frances spelled wrong! ;)

EDIT: so many edits.. I hope corrus is just w/o power or sleeping.. been quiet.

WESH is showing (based on the speed the storm is moving) that the eye will be on land within the next hour or two. The next full advisory from the NHC is a 5am.

HorizonsMan

i think he signed off to take it safe which i cant blame hime, teh only reason im on is i need something to keep me awake for a little while and as usual im just concerened for everyone

TimeTrip said:
No.. i didn't miss it. But when i turned on the news at 11pm for the latest update they stated that the NHC said they predicted landfall at 5am. Now, that probably does mean the center of the storm. Parts of the eyewall have certainly made landfall, but not the center of the storm. Also, I really didn't need to see that blaringly large text.. again. I wonder where corrus pulled that headline from.. it had Frances spelled wrong! ;)

Many different newspapers also spelled Charley as "Charlie".

Gail Hayden

TimeTrip said:

Sorry if I sounded rude, that was not the intent. There have been MANY posts out there and could easily have been missed (althought I really don't know how with the large text. :) ). I just want the darn thing to move on so EVERYONE can get this over with, hopefully, safely.
I have been switching between the USTennis Open and the weather channel all day, and have had enough of hearing how it is going to get worse by that drama king on the WC. I am stressed here in CT I can only imagine how stressed you all are in FL.
And, you are correct, he had the masculine spelling of Frances on his alert/notice.

Moustronaut

So with all the rain and everything from this slow moving storm, does it mean the lagoon is going to fill back up and WDW is going to be able to open up 20K Leagues again? :lol:

Just trying to take the edge off. Prayer to everyone left in central Florida tonight

prberk

I'm still interested, if anyone knows, how Disney secures its boats.

I will be curious to see if the severe flooding occurs (as expected, due to slow movement), whether the Contemporary (which is surrounded by water) will flood on the first floor, or if the utilidors will flood. Hmm..

Anyhow, I continue to have all of you in my prayers.

WESH is now reporting that they are expecting a 2-4 hour lull when the eye passes over. Winds are still sustained at 105 and speed is still 5 mph. Right now where I am the rain has stopped but the wind is approx. 13 mph with gusts up to 36 mph. I don't like the way the blinds on my window keep moving nor the creaking sound the windows keep making. My cat, however, is sleeping and doesn't seem to care about the storm anymore. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight since my bed is right next to a window. By the way, this is only the beginning! Sigh... :brick:

HorizonsMan

I know what you mean my cat is actually watching the news right now but looks as if shes going to sleep and teh wind keeps getting loud and soft, its kinda worring but i believe we shall make it, keep your head up and stay strong.

Jason

The Mom

Premium Member
I believe that we may be the first Jacksonville victims of Frances...sort of. :lol: We've been having gusts of wind (nothing too severe) as the edge of the storm aproaches. One gust knocked ANOTHER branch off of the tree in front of the house next door. This is the same tree that totalled my husband's car a few months ago, nailed a different car (not ours) a few years ago, and took out my fence and next door neighbor's roof a decade ago! Need I add that it's owned by the city?

Anyways, it took out our power lines, and the transformer. Quite a show when the transformer blew, by the way! Power went out at 9:45, and just came back on. Not bad, but I suspect that this is just the beginning. There are old trees like this all over town, so once the storm REALLY hits, this will be happening everywhere, so it will take longer to fix. The fact that there is no rain yet made things much easier.

That tree STILL has more branches to drop, so the same thing might happen again later today.

da1070

Magic in Galveston........

Well I feel for everybody that is involved in this storm. I wish luck to all. On a lighter side, Magic cruise ship was suppose to be in Galveston Texas today. Paper said it would let anybody interested off the vessel and fuel the vessel. I wish I would have seen it just to see a little of Disney Magic. Any good luck to everybody.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom